PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

bread2lk
13th June 2008, 16:59
Hello everyone, can you please give me your ideas regarding my problem about my visa, I am a Filipino, I am married to a British Citizen, I came here in UK holding a visit visa, and will run out on July, am I allowed to apply FLR holding a visit visa? Or can you give me advice or ideas what to do? I worked in Oslo where I processed my visit visa but my contract their is already finished that's why I am here now in UK, thanks alot. I don't wanna go back in Philippines.

misscarie
13th June 2008, 17:09
I don't wanna go back in Philippines.

you dont want our country anymore :NoNo:

bread2lk
13th June 2008, 19:06
Hello miss carrie, you know what i meant here..thanks.

keithAngel
13th June 2008, 19:10
Hi and welcome bread just be patient the heavy hitters will be along in a while:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
13th June 2008, 19:14
Hello everyone, can you please give me your ideas regarding my problem about my visa, I am a Filipino, I am married to a British Citizen, I came here in UK holding a visit visa, and will run out on July, am I allowed to apply FLR holding a visit visa? Or can you give me advice or ideas what to do? I worked in Oslo where I processed my visit visa but my contract their is already finished that's why I am here now in UK, thanks alot. I don't wanna go back in Philippines.

hi bread2lk, welcome to the forum..I am no good with regards to visit visa but I think since u're married already and u can provide all the docs needed in the FLR I think there will be no problem..

Dont worry I am sure most of our experts here will gonna post here soon..Goodluck..:)

LadyJ
13th June 2008, 20:35

What country did you get married with your British husband?

I think the Home Office wont allow you to switch your visa from visit to spouse unless you are married with your husband and have lived together for more than 4-5 years (I think). If this is not the case, most applicant will have to go back to their original country and apply a spouse visa from there.

Go to your local Citizen Advice Bureau for free advice.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And no double post please:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
14th June 2008, 06:50
it looks to me, like you cannot switch to a spouse visa inside the uk becuase, as long ago as 01.04.03 the UK introduced a "no switching" rule, stopping a visitor's visas being switched to a spouse visa in the UK .... except in truly exceptional circumstances. The Government did this because so many visitors were using this ploy that it simply got fed up and added the no switching rule.

and there is little else you can do to extend a visitor visa.

you was in oslo working ? for how long, and what visa did you have ?

like ladyj said, go and see CAb, but looks to me like you've got to go back to the phils..