PDA

View Full Version : british passport

macky
19th June 2008, 19:02
Hiya all,
We've been married for 6 yrs now(hubby is brit).But haven't lived in UK,we move around alot and lived in different countries..
Is there any other way to get a brit passport without living in UK?
Can I also ask if I could open a bank account here in UK,we're stayin at our sister in laws house at the moment and havent got any proof of bills that the bank is asking..
grrr this is getting on my nerves now..
Please help
tnx

joebloggs
19th June 2008, 20:48
to be able to apply for naturalization and get a british passport, you need to have lived in the uk a certain amount of time..

for a spouse its 3yrs

In the 3 year period the candidate must not have been outside the United Kingdom for more than 270 days; and

In the last 12 months of the 3 year period the candidate must not have been outside the UK for more than 90 days; and

The candidate must not have been in the United Kingdom in breach of the immigration laws at any time in the 3-year period.

as for being married outside the uk for 6years, If you have been married for four years or more outside the UK then you may qualify for permanent residence in the UK at the time you make your application. but i still think you need to be in the uk 3yrs b4 you can apply for naturalization, but check with the BIA. http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/