PDA

View Full Version : The rise in spending on the high street

andypaul
19th June 2008, 19:32
Maybe i got it wrong but surely that more money was spent on the high street in clothing and food.

Was due to inflation:Erm:

I.e buying the same or less amount of items but for more money

joebloggs
19th June 2008, 20:52
yes and becuase of the sunny weather :)

people went out, i even took the kids to Gullivers theme park :xxgrinning--00xx3:

but i think its a blip.

andypaul
19th June 2008, 21:01
yes and becuase of the sunny weather :)

people went out, i even took the kids to Gullivers theme park :xxgrinning--00xx3:

but i think its a blip.

tsk tsk

Your studies sir:Erm:

Gavanddal
19th June 2008, 21:52
I was confused when the governor of the Bank of England was saying that inflation was higher than government figures due to the global increase in fuel and food prices and then there was a suggestion of a possible increase in interest rates to slow down spending. Hang on, if prices are high due to global issues, how can interest rates have any bearing? Won't it just push people who are struggling with the cost of living into debt?

KeithD
19th June 2008, 21:57
They keep saying it is nothing like it was in the 70'2 & 80's, and yet I bet if you used the same formula as then if flippin would be......the government think we are bloody thick......getting us confused with the Welsh :icon_lol:

Never let cousins breed......just look at how Rob came out :omg:

keithAngel
19th June 2008, 23:47
They keep saying it is nothing like it was in the 70'2 & 80's, and yet I bet if you used the same formula as then if flippin would be......the government think we are bloody thick......getting us confused with the Welsh :icon_lol:

Taxidermists all

:xxanimal-smiley-085

walesrob
20th June 2008, 00:06
getting us confused with the Welsh :icon_lol:

Just remember where you live :xxgrinning--00xx3:Come Independence Day, you'll be sent home...

KeithD
20th June 2008, 09:18
Just remember where you live :xxgrinning--00xx3:Come Independence Day, you'll be sent home...

:Erm: I am home, I've even got the Polish flag in the garden to mark my territory :D