PDA

View Full Version : can i pass the MC in secpa from cityhall?

sweet_cookie08
25th June 2008, 15:12
been sad and down lately.. why? because 1 document is keeping me to lodge my visa app to the embassy.

i had my annulment last year and before we get married, I asked for a marriage certificate from NSO with annulment annotation on it. When I got it, I noticed that the middle initial of my ex hubby in the annotation note is incorrect. :(( :(( :((. After the wedding, I have asked my lawyer to give me a court order that it is only a typo error and it should be changed by the NSO office. I went there last week and was told that I need that order to be certified and that is the ONLY document I need to correct the NSO MC's annotation. I went to NSO again this monday and sad to say they didn't accept the document that the've requested on the first place! :furious3::bigcry::doh They have asked me to give them an updated court order with the correct initial of my ex and another finality. :(( :(( :((. I have enquired about this to my lawyer and they said that that is the only needed document just to have the NSO MC's annulment annotation correct. But the NSO office is really tough with their requirements (not sure if they are somehow telling me that they need money as a bribe!!!) :bigcry::furious3:

I just asked today with my lawyer's secretary about the status of that new court order. She told me that it would take 3 weeks or more to process the new court order and finality:doh:omg::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Municipalities or City halls can now release MC's in secpa (security paper)just like NSO docs. The annulment annotation from the manila city hall was correct. My question is can I use that and pass that to the embassy? Or do I really need to pass the MC from my previous marriage with annotation from NSO???

please help. im so sad .... :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

IainBusby
26th June 2008, 09:36
been sad and down lately.. why? because 1 document is keeping me to lodge my visa app to the embassy.

i had my annulment last year and before we get married, I asked for a marriage certificate from NSO with annulment annotation on it. When I got it, I noticed that the middle initial of my ex hubby in the annotation note is incorrect. :(( :(( :((. After the wedding, I have asked my lawyer to give me a court order that it is only a typo error and it should be changed by the NSO office. I went there last week and was told that I need that order to be certified and that is the ONLY document I need to correct the NSO MC's annotation. I went to NSO again this monday and sad to say they didn't accept the document that the've requested on the first place! :furious3::bigcry::doh They have asked me to give them an updated court order with the correct initial of my ex and another finality. :(( :(( :((. I have enquired about this to my lawyer and they said that that is the only needed document just to have the NSO MC's annulment annotation correct. But the NSO office is really tough with their requirements (not sure if they are somehow telling me that they need money as a bribe!!!) :bigcry::furious3:

I just asked today with my lawyer's secretary about the status of that new court order. She told me that it would take 3 weeks or more to process the new court order and finality:doh:omg::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Municipalities or City halls can now release MC's in secpa (security paper)just like NSO docs. The annulment annotation from the manila city hall was correct. My question is can I use that and pass that to the embassy? Or do I really need to pass the MC from my previous marriage with annotation from NSO???

please help. im so sad .... :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

I would think the document you've got will be good enough as long as both your and most of your ex-husbands details are correct. I think the British Embassy would accept it as it's only the middle initial that is wrong.

You could always email them at ManilaVisaEnquiries.manila@fco.gov.uk explain the problem and ask if the document would be acceptable.

Iain.