PDA

View Full Version : its not my day...

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 19:03
was cooking chicken and rice casserole 2 days ago.I have cooked chicken in hob using pan and put all the ingredients and have to baked it in oven for about 50 min.around 30 min.I smell something burning when I went to the kitchen and open the oven door I could see that the pan handle was melting when i tried to take them out from the oven,it just dropped in the oven door and I have broke it and when I saw some a bit of soup that spilt on the knob I tride to wipe it off with flannel but instead I have erased the numbers thats says 200degree up to 300,it erases probably coz i wipe it with wet flannel and it was burning hot.good thing there is i didnt burned my self.the worst thing there is its not in our house where at my hubby`s daughter`s haus:NoNo::bigcry:.we stayed at theirs for weekends as the`re on holiday and be back by monday.my problem there is how am gonna explain it to them.I have been looking for the same pan that i ruined but cant find same one and as well I have thought of buying a new cooker for them even if they`ve been using it for about 8 years now.I am scared I dont want to upset her because just last week I accidentally broke one of her ornaments and now this.:Brick:I think I have to booked a flight now back to Philippines:Bolt:any idea guys how to put numbers back on the cooker:bigcry:pls help they`ll be back tomorrow am not counting days now but hours:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

kimmi
29th June 2008, 19:06
sorry to hear about it sis, but i dont know how u can put backthe number on the cooker..how about try using a pentel pen???how about ball pen???

just cheering u up sis, well all i can do now is to help u pray that ur daughter in law wont get hysterical..:ARsurrender::ARsurrender::Erm::NoNo:

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 19:10
hopefully kimmi.tnx for the moral support sistah:)

keithAngel
29th June 2008, 19:25
My advice as I wipe away the tears would be sit down relax pour a Mahito or two don't move and ponder that well known phrase.................errr on second thoughts perhaps rent a copy of Fawlty Towers that will put it all into perspective and look forward to the years of entertainment everyone will get including you telling this story .

I for one would totally understand that other peoples places can be a booby trap for the unwary thanks for sharing:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 19:31
hope that helps keithangel...

Sangoma
29th June 2008, 20:12
I have neer heard of numbers that wipe off when hot, a cooker is made for heat.

The door (glass) is replaceable, look at the make and see if the manufacturers have a website.

But, it was an accident, I dn't think anyone can be angry over that.

Being an accident, maybe they ae insured (they should be), so maybe your accident might do them a favour and get them a new cooker (by te time yu take the insurance price to replace the damaged door, it will probably be close to a new cooker price) and of course the pan would be covered too.

At the worst, it may be a dinner time joke in years to come.:)

I'm sure they will understand.

aromulus
29th June 2008, 20:19
House insurance will cover accidents like that, the excess will be around £50....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't forget to claim for whiplash, while you are at it.....:icon_lol:

keithAngel
29th June 2008, 20:23
[SIZE=4]Don't forget to claim for whiplash, while you are at it.....:icon_lol:

I thought that was only on the Isle of Man and even then its only a first offence:omg:

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 20:45
ooppsss better told them that then...:)tnx a lot guys

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 20:46
I have neer heard of numbers that wipe off when hot, a cooker is made for heat.

The door (glass) is replaceable, look at the make and see if the manufacturers have a website.

But, it was an accident, I dn't think anyone can be angry over that.

Being an accident, maybe they ae insured (they should be), so maybe your accident might do them a favour and get them a new cooker (by te time yu take the insurance price to replace the damaged door, it will probably be close to a new cooker price) and of course the pan would be covered too.

At the worst, it may be a dinner time joke in years to come.:)

I'm sure they will understand.

hi yah sangoma its probably becuase of the heat and cold together.silly me :doh

KeithD
29th June 2008, 20:49
As soon as the daughter walks through the door....you say..."You should see what my husband's done to your kitchen......":D

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 20:52
As soon as the daughter walks through the door....you say..."You should see what my husband's done to your kitchen......":D

thats what i`ve suggested to him:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 20:53
but his daughter would be surprised of knowing that his dad can cook:D

andypaul
29th June 2008, 20:56

Exactly if in doubt blame someone else:D

If the number came off then it might be already someone has done a repair on it:Erm:

Accidents happen, im sure they will understand.

More importantly no one was hurt:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 21:00
Exactly if in doubt blame someone else:D

If the number came off then it might be already someone has done a repair on it:Erm:

Accidents happen, im sure they will understand.

More importantly no one was hurt:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tnx so much andy:xxgrinning--00xx3:hope it was your cooker coz your understanding:D

Sangoma
29th June 2008, 21:09
hi yah sangoma its probably becuase of the heat and cold together.silly me :doh

I often wipe the cooker controls when it is hot, and always with a cold wet cloth.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I wouldn't think they should come off so easily.

Vim and other rought things will remove them over time, but I really don't think you can be blamed for wiping them off!!

andypaul
29th June 2008, 21:15
tnx so much andy:xxgrinning--00xx3:hope it was your cooker coz your understanding:D

You found me out im your step daughter in law

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 22:09
I often wipe the cooker controls when it is hot, and always with a cold wet cloth.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I wouldn't think they should come off so easily.

Vim and other rought things will remove them over time, but I really don't think you can be blamed for wiping them off!!

the thing there is that wet cloth just been soaked in bleach:NoNo:stupid,stupid me:Brick::Brick::Brick:

Mrs Daddy
29th June 2008, 22:11
You found me out im your step daughter in law

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
30th June 2008, 01:26
:Brick:I think I have to booked a flight now back to Philippines:Bolt:any idea guys how to put numbers back on the cooker:bigcry:pls help they`ll be back tomorrow am not counting days now but hours:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

:cwm38:Dont worry sis,u didn't do it purposely,its just an accident

you will be fine..if they too kind they will ask you,Did u get hurt ? :):D

:Hellooo:

KeithD
30th June 2008, 09:09
..if they too kind they will ask you,Did u get hurt ?

....and if you say "No".......and they say "Pity".....then you know you've messed up :icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
30th June 2008, 09:54
....and if you say "No".......and they say "Pity".....then you know you've messed up :icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
30th June 2008, 14:38

lol boss :laugher:

andypaul
30th June 2008, 18:29
So no news yet:Erm:

kimmi
30th June 2008, 18:31
hope everything went well with u sis wheela..:)

andypaul
30th June 2008, 18:32
hope everything went well with u sis wheela..:)

We may need to send out a search party

kimmi
30th June 2008, 18:46
We may need to send out a search party

I think so Kuya Andy,:Erm::omg::icon_lol::D

Tish
30th June 2008, 21:49
was cooking chicken and rice casserole 2 days ago.I have cooked chicken in hob using pan and put all the ingredients and have to baked it in oven for about 50 min.around 30 min.I smell something burning when I went to the kitchen and open the oven door I could see that the pan handle was melting when i tried to take them out from the oven,it just dropped in the oven door and I have broke it and when I saw some a bit of soup that spilt on the knob I tride to wipe it off with flannel but instead I have erased the numbers thats says 200degree up to 300,it erases probably coz i wipe it with wet flannel and it was burning hot.good thing there is i didnt burned my self.the worst thing there is its not in our house where at my hubby`s daughter`s haus:NoNo::bigcry:.we stayed at theirs for weekends as the`re on holiday and be back by monday.my problem there is how am gonna explain it to them.I have been looking for the same pan that i ruined but cant find same one and as well I have thought of buying a new cooker for them even if they`ve been using it for about 8 years now.I am scared I dont want to upset her because just last week I accidentally broke one of her ornaments and now this.:Brick:I think I have to booked a flight now back to Philippines:Bolt:any idea guys how to put numbers back on the cooker:bigcry:pls help they`ll be back tomorrow am not counting days now but hours:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Sorry for the late response Mrs Daddy, but all I can say is that don't worry too much about it. For all you know, your hubby's daughter might be secretly glad that you've done it, so she can now get a new one? After all, she's used the cooker for 8 years now :D

With regard to the pan, you can easily get a set of pans for next to nothing in price now, especially if you keep an eye on bargains :)

Tish
30th June 2008, 21:49
House insurance will cover accidents like that, the excess will be around £50....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't forget to claim for whiplash, while you are at it.....:icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Tish
30th June 2008, 21:56

:laugher: This is why I can't keep away from this site. It really makes me laugh. In fact, I'm addicted to it :omg:

I must be addicted because it's what I do; look at new posts at first thing in the morning and before I go to bed at night :doh

angel2008
30th June 2008, 23:11
:laugher: This is why I can't keep away from this site. It really makes me laugh. In fact, I'm addicted to it :omg:

I must be addicted because it's what I do; look at new posts at first thing in the morning and before I go to bed at night :doh
Same here Tish, really enjoyable reading all the posts

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2008, 11:11
here goes wat happened...when i hear the engine of car stopped.I rushed to the kitchen as if doing something:)when she came in the kitchen to say Hi.I hugged her and am not saying anything yet she said"Oh!wat have you broke now!"I wonder how she`d know about it:Erm:then when I told her she wasn`t happy and told me that she`s gonna tell her hubby about it.when I was upstair She must have told her hubby about it and after that he wasnt talking to me and that makes me upset:bigcry:looking the reaction to his face:Brick:I mean we have done a favor from them to look after pets but in return they not even appreciated it.I am expecting for a small word "thnak you" and yet a small accident that I caused I think Upsets them.The`re some really weird people on planet.Now we have to go back to their house today and Hubby will fixed it for me.He has a glue to stick the oven door back but it will be a big job for him.am just goona treat him out for dinner tonight for doing the fixinng for me:)tnx a lot guys for listening to my non sense experience.I really do appreciate you all for listening.Looks like the forum is my diary now:)

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2008, 11:12
Sorry for the late response Mrs Daddy, but all I can say is that don't worry too much about it. For all you know, your hubby's daughter might be secretly glad that you've done it, so she can now get a new one? After all, she's used the cooker for 8 years now :D

With regard to the pan, you can easily get a set of pans for next to nothing in price now, especially if you keep an eye on bargains :)

tnx T tish:)

KeithD
1st July 2008, 11:35
You should have told them it was there fault, as the pets wouldn't stay in the oven :rolleyes:

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2008, 11:40
You should have told them it was there fault, as the pets wouldn't stay in the oven :rolleyes:

lol:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2008, 11:41

yes same here its like mr.admin hypnotize us:yikes:

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2008, 11:42
SIZE]

think they dont bother claiming aromulos:NoNo:

kimmi
1st July 2008, 19:34
dont worry about them sis, at least hubby is in there to the rescue..:) Keep smiling..

andypaul
1st July 2008, 20:27

use the microwave its quicker:D

Sangoma
1st July 2008, 20:30
here goes wat happened...when i hear the engine of car stopped.I rushed to the kitchen as if doing something:)when she came in the kitchen to say Hi.I hugged her and am not saying anything yet she said"Oh!wat have you broke now!"I wonder how she`d know about it:Erm:then when I told her she wasn`t happy and told me that she`s gonna tell her hubby about it.when I was upstair She must have told her hubby about it and after that he wasnt talking to me and that makes me upset:bigcry:looking the reaction to his face:Brick:I mean we have done a favor from them to look after pets but in return they not even appreciated it.I am expecting for a small word "thnak you" and yet a small accident that I caused I think Upsets them.The`re some really weird people on planet.Now we have to go back to their house today and Hubby will fixed it for me.He has a glue to stick the oven door back but it will be a big job for him.am just goona treat him out for dinner tonight for doing the fixinng for me:)tnx a lot guys for listening to my non sense experience.I really do appreciate you all for listening.Looks like the forum is my diary now:)

An 8 year old oven and they get so otherwise about it?

I think you know who not to do favours for in future.

We are going away for three weeks, it is costing £250 for someone to come and feed the two cats. The same as it would cost for two of us to stay in a reasonable hotel in CdO.

Did they give you a box of chocolates or some flowers even, just as a token thank you?

KeithD
1st July 2008, 20:37
use the microwave its quicker:D
What a terrible thing to say :rolleyes: