PDA

View Full Version : back home

equaliser
8th July 2006, 14:51
Hi guys

I returned to the U.K on wednesday with Ashley. I can't stop smiling now that she is with me :D

I had a great time over there despite the fact that my suitcase got lost in Dubai. I think the problem was the fact that the flight from Dubai to Manila was packed full , and most were filipinos complete with balikbayan boxes. I can honestly say that I have never seen a luggage carousel so full in my life. Of course I had to wait until the end to find out that my suitcase wasn't there , but the staff at the airport were very helpful and it was sent to my hotel in Davao. The guy I spoke to in the airport even phoned me afterwards to check that it had arrived and that all was well.

Ashley's family had a going-away party for us at Paradise beach resort and then Ashley and I stayed there overnight. I would recommend this place to everyone. They are chalet type rooms with en-suite facilities and a little verandah where you can eat your meals. It was wonderful.

On the way back to the U.K , we spent a day in Singapore. Went on the cable car to Sentosa , saw the aquarium and butterfly house , etc. , also did the Sim Lim square , Suntec City and Orchard Road shopping.

We will post the photos soon. Now all our focus is on preparing for the wedding on August 22nd. We are really looking forward to it.

See ya

Brian and Ashley

KeithD
8th July 2006, 15:27
Don't forget the wedding coach to pick us lot up :)

rands
8th July 2006, 17:26
:Hellooo: Hello Brian and Ashley!!! Welcome to the UK!!!

Rands

Eljohno
8th July 2006, 17:41
Great news Brian i am delighted that you are both home here in rainy Ireland. Looking forward to meeting Ashley someday..

ivor&mel
8th July 2006, 18:33
Welcome back Brian, and welcome to Ashley :) Best wishes to you both for the wedding and the future. :xxparty-smiley-050:

You didn't miss much while you were away. There was a World Cup or something on, I think. No idea what that was about :D

russ01539
9th July 2006, 17:32
Welcome back Brian, and welcome to the sunny UK Ashley. Wena my fiance sends her best wishes (She went thru CFO with Ashley).

We are getting married on 19th August, so maybe we can swap some pics. lol

If you ever find your self in the Lake District/Cumbria area drop in. We'd love to meet you.

equaliser
10th July 2006, 18:38
Hi John , yeah it would be great to meet up. I will PM you and let you know the details.

Hi russ. Actually we will be spending a few days in the Lake district on our honeymoon , so if the invitation still stands we would love to pop in to see you both.

And Keith , that would be a hell of a coach to pick everyone up, and can you imagine how much beer it would have to carry

Brian and Ashley

ginapeterb
10th July 2006, 20:30
Hi John , yeah it would be great to meet up. I will PM you and let you know the details.

Hi russ. Actually we will be spending a few days in the Lake district on our honeymoon , so if the invitation still stands we would love to pop in to see you both.

And Keith , that would be a hell of a coach to pick everyone up, and can you imagine how much beer it would have to carry

Brian and Ashley

Brian welcome back, and how is Ashley, you made it !!!, great to hear youve gone through the process, Gina and I wish you well, enjoy the honeymoon period, we were in Lake District this weekend, look out at the Gallery for a photo of Gina with Robs freinds.....

Take care.

Pete

russ01539
10th July 2006, 23:26
Sorry about the weather Pete, but at least you got a taste of the standard we have here. ie. rain rain rain. Funnily enough though we had a scorcher today. 26C - not bad for us in the outer northern wastelands you imagine we live in 'darn souf'.

KeithD
11th July 2006, 08:40
I don't drink beer.....just bring extra condoms :D

maldita
11th July 2006, 21:32
Sorry about the weather Pete, but at least you got a taste of the standard we have here. ie. rain rain rain. Funnily enough though we had a scorcher today. 26C - not bad for us in the outer northern wastelands you imagine we live in 'darn souf'.

A scorcher at 26C? You got to be kidding me...

ivor&mel
11th July 2006, 21:49
It's true... sometimes it gets as high as 27.2C. But... we're British... and we struggle through :D

KeithD
12th July 2006, 09:48
It was 33.5 here last week...reached 28.7 yesterday.....If it reaches 35 I'll take my pants off :action-smiley-075:

russ01539
12th July 2006, 22:50
A scorcher at 26C? You got to be kidding me...

Well the average here is just 13C in the sunny Lake District so yeah 26 is a scorcher for us. Just imagine the temperature being 13C higher than normal in Manilla and you might understand what I am saying. :doh

russ01539
12th July 2006, 22:52
Can you imagine Keith running down Metro Manilla with no pants on.

Bring on global warming. lol

Irelandken
13th July 2006, 08:29
Great news Brian, and welcome to Ireland Ashley. I hoped u might have brought some good RP weather back with you as Josephines first week here in sunny Belfast has not been the warmest:D .

KeithD
13th July 2006, 10:18
Can you imagine Keith running down Metro Manilla with no pants on.

Bring on global warming. lol

Do you always have nice thoughts about me being naked? :NoNo:

russ01539
19th July 2006, 18:55
It was 33.5 here last week...reached 28.7 yesterday.....If it reaches 35 I'll take my pants off :action-smiley-075:

Have you taken your pants off yet then Keith ?

ivor&mel
19th July 2006, 19:05
Well done - I'd forgotten that promise... Let's have the photographic evidence, Keith! :yikes: :NoNo:

KeithD
19th July 2006, 19:19
Some people :NoNo:

Here you are then....not a pretty sight though as it needs a wash....but here's my ass Click (http://www.littlefriendsranch.com/Daisy3new.jpg)