PDA

View Full Version : Visa advice ?

MarBell379
4th July 2008, 15:02
Can anyone help here, as I'm trying to wade through a mountain of red tape and information on websites and not getting very far.

My filipina girlfriend is currently living in Israel and working as a caregiver on a working Visa. She would like to come to the UK on a working Visa.
Forgive me for being stupid here, but what exactly is required for this and what can I do as a British national to help?

Thanks hugely for all advice.
Mark

telford
4th July 2008, 15:09
Can anyone help here, as I'm trying to wade through a mountain of red tape and information on websites and not getting very far.

My filipina girlfriend is currently living in Israel and working as a caregiver on a working Visa. She would like to come to the UK on a working Visa.
Forgive me for being stupid here, but what exactly is required for this and what can I do as a British national to help?

Thanks hugely for all advice.
Mark

why working visa? why not visit her and then after, apply for fiancee visa, thats more easy than to get working visa!

Mrs.JMajor
5th July 2008, 06:42
Hi marbell

I wonder if that was my friend from Israel (shes a member here?) not gonna mention her name for respect, i bet you visit her already ? If u both love each other go on a proper channel,like keep all the pictures and so on and so on,proof of your genuine relationship and step by step keep reading the forum,then u will learn lots of very good info

Welcome on the forum dear :Hellooo::Hellooo:

kimmi
5th July 2008, 18:11
welcome to the forum Mark..

If u wont mind just want to know why ur girlfriend wanted to go in the UK with a working visa??I think it will be easier for her if she apply thru a fiancee visa oooppsss of course unless uve got evidences of ur relationships sorry for being nosy..:D:doh:Hellooo:

MarBell379
5th July 2008, 21:18
Thanks for the replies - good to know that someones listening at least.
Yes I have visited her, and am going again in September.
Unfortunately my divorce has not yet become final so I can't help her with a fiancee visa.

Proof of relationship is already being established, but it will be some time before that option is open to us.
Her Visa in Israel is expiring shortly so she will have to move on or return to Fils, which she doesn't want to do right now.

The only options I can see are a Visitor Visa which can only last 6 months, or a Working Visa.
Any other ideas?
Thanks

winner
5th July 2008, 22:25
she not get visitor visa or working visa to come to th uk best for herto go home and buld what you have and wait for your divorce sorry to tell you this

Peanutz
5th July 2008, 23:02
If she apply for working visa it will be very difficult, unless she is a medicine graduate which she might have a chance.

If she will go for visitor visa, she need to provide proofs that she can afford to travel and support herself.
If she is granted a visitor visa, she is not allowed to work.

There is no easy way to get her here, unless you two get married.
It will be a long processing time, but if you two want to be together you both have to be patient.

MarBell379
6th July 2008, 00:26
Unfortunately she did not graduate high school, so working options are extrememly limited.
With a visitor visa, is it possible to change to a working visa if she can find work here?

If she can't come here now we will certainly be patient, but I want to know what all the options are and the Visa information I can find so far is extremely convoluted and difficult to understand.
Thanks

Mrs.JMajor
6th July 2008, 00:55
Is she a member here on the forum ??

(sorry nosy also):D

tomm
6th July 2008, 01:00
Unfortunately she did not graduate high school, so working options are extrememly limited.
With a visitor visa, is it possible to change to a working visa if she can find work here?

If she can't come here now we will certainly be patient, but I want to know what all the options are and the Visa information I can find so far is extremely convoluted and difficult to understand.
Thanks

If I remember correctly, a visa holder can only apply to have their entry status changed if there is more than 6 months of the visa remaining. As a first UK tourist visa will only be granted for 6 months or less, it is therefore not possible :NoNo:

MarBell379
7th July 2008, 00:56
Thanks tomm. That makes it even more difficult.
jedc143 - not as far as i'm aware.

Mrs.JMajor
7th July 2008, 01:02
jedc143 - not as far as i'm aware.

:)

Marwin08
7th July 2008, 09:53
Hahaha ate juliet, im not the girlfriend of Mark. Monkey and Piggy has a great time together. We visited some biblical places and experienced floating in the salty dead sea.

Marwin08
7th July 2008, 10:04
Mark, im also a caregiver here in Israel. May i ask where is the work of your girlfriend here. A british friend also visited me last month and we had a great time together. Try applying for visit visa if she still have a valid working visa. As far as i know its easy to apply here like what boss keith told me.
Anyway, good luck to both of you.

nigel
7th July 2008, 23:37
:NoNo::NoNo:From what I gather visitor visa's are very hard to get..:NoNo::NoNo:

MarBell379
8th July 2008, 14:45
Hi Jay.

Her Visa for israel is due to expire so it might be difficult in terms of Visitor Visa now :(, particularly as she doen't want to go back to the Phils at the moment as she is worried about her work prospects there.

She works in a private household as the primary carer for an elderly lady.

Isn't it strange how people assume things from limited information - lol.

Marwin08
8th July 2008, 15:23
Hi Mark,
I went to Phil Embassy today and i saw the announcement that British Consulate in Tel aviv is closed for student and working visa application.
If your girlfriend is more than 4 years here and she was released in her work or her employer died. She is not entitled to get a legal working permit anymore meaning she cant able to pursue Visitor Visa application.
The only chance to bring her is using Fiancee or Spouse Visa.
Where is her work? Just be patient and everything will be alright

Marwin08
8th July 2008, 15:30
Mark,
How long she been to Israel? If she still employed and her employer wants to renew her visa after renewing it she can possibly apply for Visitor Visa as long as her employer will give her supporting letter allowing her to take a vacation.
Just continue searching and reading the posts here.Dont hesitate to ask question so that all your queries will be answered. Gud luck to both of you

MarBell379
9th July 2008, 11:45
She works in Ramat Aviv at the moment, but I don't think its possible to extend her Visa longer as she's beenthere for 4 Yrs.
Her employer (the elderly lady's son) does not treat her well at the moment, and her contract runs til November. I'm going to see her again in September and really looking forward to it :)
I think we're going to have to be patient for a while before we can be together properly tho.
Thanks for all your help.