PDA

View Full Version : fiancee visa or spouse visa?

calvin72
6th July 2008, 22:12
hello everyone , i have read with interest the experiences described on this forum , from people in similar circumstances to my fiancee che-che and I - we are looking at applying for a fiancee visa for che-che to come here , but what i am wondering is whether it is easier to get married elsewhere ( i.e in the Philippines ) and then apply for a spouse visa? , is it easier that way? , does the visitor have more rights or not?
I think we are in a situation others have described , no savings to speak of but regular employment and secure home here in the UK ( i hope this is enough when the time comes ) , and it is heartening to read of the success of others :) - also i would just like to say that although i have not posted here very often i have enjoyed reading the threads and i know che-che has found the site useful too , and i hope we both can continue to learn and discuss here as the situation develops , many thanks , Calvin

winner
6th July 2008, 22:26
hi freind for me i would marry in the philppines cos lot les money and all her familey will be there philppines or uk philppines anyday

Peanutz
6th July 2008, 22:27
hello everyone , i have read with interest the experiences described on this forum , from people in similar circumstances to my fiancee che-che and I - we are looking at applying for a fiancee visa for che-che to come here , but what i am wondering is whether it is easier to get married elsewhere ( i.e in the Philippines ) and then apply for a spouse visa? , is it easier that way? , does the visitor have more rights or not?
I think we are in a situation others have described , no savings to speak of but regular employment and secure home here in the UK ( i hope this is enough when the time comes ) , and it is heartening to read of the success of others :) - also i would just like to say that although i have not posted here very often i have enjoyed reading the threads and i know che-che has found the site useful too , and i hope we both can continue to learn and discuss here as the situation develops , many thanks , Calvin

Hi Calvin,

In my opinion, it is easier to get married in Phil and apply for spouse visa. You will only pay once for the visa fee and the success to grant a spouse visa is higher than fiance' visa.

If you both are secured financially, she can apply for fiance' visa and you two can get married in UK.:)

Goodluck to both of you.

xebec
7th July 2008, 11:44
From my reading it will work out cheaper to get the Spouse visa. Weddings are also cheaper in the Philippines. In effect the Spouse Visa is the second stage having got married on a fiance visa - so you pay for both. (Does that make sense?)

One part of the family will be disappointed whereever you get married unless they are able to travel/get a visa. In our case we have gone the more expensive route: fiance visa, get married, apply for new visa etc.

One thing I dont like with the Spouse Visa is the prospect of getting married in the Philippines and then having to return to the UK alone waiting for the visa process to take its course. Its difficult enough saying good bye at Manila airport without it being your new bride you are saying good bye to.

calvin72
7th July 2008, 23:06
thankyou all for those thoughts and experiences , i had considered the options and i think it would be more romantic and special for us both in the Philippines but i wondered if it would be easier that way - also i had thought about the situation of leaving alone to return to the UK :bigcry: after the marriage , but at least there is only the one stage of visa applications to go through - of course money will come into the decision as well i'm afraid :) , okies you have all given me some thoughts , salamat for your time , Calvin

gracia143
7th July 2008, 23:13
I do agree with them Calvin, it is cheaper to get married in the Phils. as long as you don't invite the whole Town. And I think Che-che can handle the wedding preparations well if you do it there. She will have a lot of friends or family members helping her, unlike here it will be a little bit more difficult and besides, when you apply for the visa you will only pay for it once.

vbkelly
8th July 2008, 10:48
yes they are rights calvin, i agree with them

amyburple
8th July 2008, 16:21
Ohhh all your suggestions HELP US too with my HUBBY. Because we are thinking 2 OPTIONS. TO get married here and apply for SPOUSAL VISA or get FIANCEE VISA and MARRY THERE in UK.
Yes its CHEAPER here i guess compared there. But I have question....

*** How long does it takes to wait on SPOUSAL VISA if we will get MARRIED here? Can you give any IDEAS guys.

GOD BLESS^^

winner
8th July 2008, 16:28
up to 12 weeks you can wait or you can wait less than 12 weeks

IainBusby
8th July 2008, 16:41
up to 12 weeks you can wait or you can wait less than 12 weeks

But it usually takes just as long for both the spouse and the fiancee visas, like Winner says, about 3 months is what the Embassy will tell you when you submit your application. But if you come here as a wife, you can work as soon as you get here and you don't have to apply for ILR for 2 years.

Iain.

amyburple
8th July 2008, 17:34
Wow COOL....what a great HELP... Thanks guys^^,

calvin72
10th July 2008, 18:22
thankyou everybody :Hellooo: , after the advice received by you all che-che and i have decided to marry in Davao! , many thanks for making up our minds and we will keep everyone informed , salamat , good luck to all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
10th July 2008, 19:06
That's good to hear Calvin, Best wishes on ur wedding..:)

tomoboyle2000
10th July 2008, 20:04
thankyou everybody :Hellooo: , after the advice received by you all che-che and i have decided to marry in Davao! , many thanks for making up our minds and we will keep everyone informed , salamat , good luck to all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck for your wedding, we also god married in davao stayed in the crown regency and it was very nice:):)

socool007
10th July 2008, 21:12
Good move calvin i am gitting married this Sept in Davao so hope to help you soon.