PDA

View Full Version : waiting is driving me crazy!!!!

trina
9th July 2008, 15:32
hello everyone...

I'm new in this very helpful forum...

and thought anyone could help me.....i really miss my hubby....

is there a possibility that a spouse visa will take more than 3 months???

many thanks....

Piamed
9th July 2008, 15:43
If someone has to wait that long they will. But its really really hard. My wife and are hit 8 weeks waiting today. Some have been waiting 10 weeks now.

I have tried to call the embassy but cannot get through. :NoNo:

trina
9th July 2008, 15:49
thanks for the reply...
but refusal of visa is very rare right??? hope so..

best of luck to you and to your wife....

patti1227
9th July 2008, 15:50
If someone has to wait that long they will. But its really really hard. My wife and are hit 8 weeks waiting today. Some have been waiting 10 weeks now.

I have tried to call the embassy but cannot get through. :NoNo:

Patience is a virtue but time is more valuable, right Amigo? Something will turn out good in the days to come...:xxgrinning--00xx3: Regards to Amiga. :)

cg.tj
9th July 2008, 15:52
hello everyone...

many thanks....

Hi Trina, i emphatize with your sentiment, being separated from a love one is pain...i miss my bf soooo much now like you do and i'm sure i'll be dealing the same thing as you when we lodge our spouse visa application after the wedding on on Aug 8..I guess we cant skip this waiting game..:NoNo: but a small price to pay for a happily ever after!!

trina
9th July 2008, 15:52
yep your right... thanks

trina
9th July 2008, 15:57
hi cg...
we already got married last may 13,2008and my hubby had to leave for work last May 20 and I Handed in my application last June 23rd...
i know that I'm just being silly..its because its just been 2 weeks from the day that I submitted...

cg.tj
9th July 2008, 16:01
hi cg...
we already got married last may 13,2008and my hubby had to leave for work last May 20 and I Handed in my application last June 23rd...
i know that I'm just being silly..its because its just been 2 weeks from the day that I submitted...

hehehehe just chill, i know these guys here can guide you a lot...

trina
9th July 2008, 16:05
is there someone out there know where to buy a chill tablet.....lol....

trina
9th July 2008, 16:06
yep...yep...yep... you're right

cg.tj
9th July 2008, 16:14
hi trina, have u heard about NO!!!! internet calls to your phone.if u have internet access at home, u can download the software to ur cellphone, connect it to ur wireless network, then make calls to your honey :BouncyHappy:...its very simple. saves both of u tons of money from phone calls.me and my fiance's been using it and we're satisfied so far..

trina
9th July 2008, 16:24
really??? wow...I will discuss that to my Hubby that we should try that....
we just used a video calling every time we're chatting online....

telford
9th July 2008, 16:25
hello everyone...

many thanks....

i think it depends sis, maybe they're just busy now coz when i apply for my visa,way back 2006, it only takes 3 days.so just wait and pray,you can have it soon. refusal is very rare to those applicant that submit complete documents...
goodluck to your visa!
for the mean time, just take your time enjoying with us here in this forum!

cg.tj
9th July 2008, 16:27
really??? wow...I will discuss that to my Hubby that we should try that....
we just used a video calling every time we're chatting online....

Yes definitely, try to check it out..might be worth looking..

trina
9th July 2008, 16:31
really 3 days??? whoooaaa...

I hope i will get mine very soon.... I really do want to be with my husband again....

7 months of being boyfriend/girlfriend then get married on the 8 months is a factor of refusal of visa????

telford
9th July 2008, 16:33
really 3 days??? whoooaaa...

I hope i will get mine very soon.... I really do want to be with my husband again....

7 months of being boyfriend/girlfriend then get married on the 8 months is a factor of refusal of visa????

as long as you are not recourse of public funds, then you will be ok:xxgrinning--00xx3:

trina
9th July 2008, 16:38
yep were not intend to recourse any public funds...My hubby has a permanent job as a solicitor lawyer....and I'm willing to work as a Nurse there.... so I think in that case we can support each other....

cg.tj
9th July 2008, 16:38
hi trina, have u heard about ??? internet calls to your phone.if u have internet access at home, u can download the software to ur cellphone, connect it to ur wireless network, then make calls to your honey :BouncyHappy:...its very simple. saves both of u tons of money from phone calls.me and my fiance's been using it and we're satisfied so far..

sorry walesrob..:bigcry:

walesrob
9th July 2008, 16:40
sorry walesrob..:bigcry:

No worries.

Welcome to the forum :)

telford
9th July 2008, 16:40
yep were not intend to recourse any public funds...My hubby has a permanent job as a solicitor lawyer....and I'm willing to work as a Nurse there.... so I think in that case we can support each other....

then you have nothing to worry! just relax and wait for your visa.for the mean time, enjoy the life of pinas,surely you'll gonna miss it :)

cg.tj
9th July 2008, 16:43
No worries.

Welcome to the forum :)

thank u loads

trina
9th July 2008, 16:45
yep you're right sis... That is exactly My husband told me... try to spend more of my time with my family and friends so that when the day that I'll be leaving I won't have a mix emotions....

cg.tj
9th July 2008, 16:46

hi trina i am a registered nurse too!!! hehehehe

trina
9th July 2008, 16:48
where???? how can be a member here???it confused me

cg.tj
9th July 2008, 16:52

ohhh i mean i'm a registered nurse here in Pinas...dont really get what u mean..tsk...tsk...my old brain's wearing out its almost 12midnight!!

telford
9th July 2008, 16:53

:Erm:

trina
9th July 2008, 16:54
hehehehehehe....I understand its the same with me mare.... yeah that is why I asked Really??? That's good that were both on the good track..... where???

trina
9th July 2008, 16:55
opps sorry TELFORD...lol

My brain is nearly shutting down...

cg.tj
9th July 2008, 16:57
hehehehehehe....I understand its the same with me mare.... yeah that is why I asked Really??? That's good that were both on the good track..... where???

wink! wink! i'm based in cebu, not working as a nurse for now..

Frances
9th July 2008, 16:58
hello trina

My fiance and I are waiting for 10 weeks now.
Goodluck to all of us

trina
9th July 2008, 17:01
ME TOO... I worked as a nurse before but then My hubby told me to stop and just focused on my application... and that is one of those so many reason why I'm getting crazy its because I'm job less and nothing else to do at the moment...:cwm12:

trina
9th July 2008, 17:04
really...OMG...

why just the embassy issue the VISA shorter than we can expected....

when did you submitted it???

Piamed
9th July 2008, 17:07
best of luck to you and to your wife....Walang anuman amiga!

Patience is a virtue but time is more valuable, right Amigo? Something will turn out good in the days to come...:xxgrinning--00xx3: Regards to Amiga. :)It will certainly all work out for good in His time. Pia says hi.

Frances
9th July 2008, 17:08
We submitted it last April 29 my fiance and I wrote the embassy but we were told the waiting period is 12 weeks for settlement visa.

trina
9th July 2008, 17:14
they can't say that just turn around and say just wait for 12 weeks...lol...

Ann07
9th July 2008, 17:21
Goodluck to Piamed, frances and trina..
hope u can have it soon....

ann

Frances
9th July 2008, 17:23
Thank you Ann07 : )

trina
9th July 2008, 17:27
thanks Ann07....

Good luck to everybody... cheers

trina
9th July 2008, 17:27
thanks Ann07....

Good luck to everybody... cheers

kimmi
9th July 2008, 18:25
Goodluck Trina, Frances and to Pia..:)

SephEan
9th July 2008, 19:02
Hi Trina!! I've been to that situation but i just waited for 7 weeks. I know how hard it feels girl. Here is a suggestion. Make an assesment, did you submit all documents needed(photos, letters, e-mails,tickets,marriage contract, bank statement, support letter, proof of accomodation, etc...) and does your hubby's savings acct. healthy? if the answer to all these questions is yes. Girl just relax(i know its hard to do) enjoy pinoy dish, watch your favorite teleserye, browse the store for some warming clothes, learn to cook english food, and most of all spend time with your family and pray...coz girl once u have ur visa, you are going to realize how fast it all happened. Good luck on your application. You'll be together soon, just like me and my hubby...

Piamed
9th July 2008, 23:14
Goodluck Trina, Frances and to Pia..:)

Goodluck to Piamed, frances and trina..
hope u can have it soon....

ann

Salamat amigas!

trina
10th July 2008, 00:01
hi Sephean

you're definetly right... YES the answer to all your questions... My hubby is permanent on his jod as a Lawyer..and yes I submitted all the documents needed..(birth certificate, photocopy of all pages with stamp passport of my husband,proof of accomodation-My mother in law did that..she wrote a letter stating that she is happy that we can stay there until we find a house near to our work once i arrive in UK, Marriage contract in security paper, sponsor's letter, visa fee, complete Visa application form, and MASSIVE Evidence of our genuine relationship....

do you think this enough???

when did you apply and received your VISA???

Many thanks....

trina
10th July 2008, 00:06
opps I forgot and also a healthy bank statement....

I handed in My application last June 23rd of this year...and its been two weeks since then... and as I read those situations here they've been waiting for almost 10 weeks...I don't think i can survive that long...lol

tomm
10th July 2008, 00:26

I handed in My application last June 23rd of this year...and its been two weeks since then... and as I read those situations here they've been waiting for almost 10 weeks...I don't think i can survive that long...lol

You'll have an extra week to wait I'm afraid.... the Embassy is relocating :rolleyes:

trina
10th July 2008, 00:32
You'll have an extra week to wait I'm afraid.... the Embassy is relocating :rolleyes:

OMG:doh so it means it will take that long????

relocating where???

:bigcry: i really miss my hubby

Mrs.JMajor
10th July 2008, 00:33

Hi Trina, u made me laugh on your thread ..welcome :Hellooo:

trina
10th July 2008, 00:34
Welcome Trina,u make me smile w/ your thread :Hellooo:

what do you mean??? thanks anyway

walesrob
10th July 2008, 00:34
OMG:doh so it means it will take that long????

relocating where???

:bigcry: i really miss my hubby

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=9295

trina
10th July 2008, 00:42
Thanks..walesrob...

Is it possible that it will take more than 3 months???

Mrs.JMajor
10th July 2008, 00:47
Possible,so keep calm;)

trina
10th July 2008, 00:55
Possible,so keep calm;)

really????? i thought it will take just within that 12 weeks....:bigcry:

Mrs.JMajor
10th July 2008, 01:01
I had friend here on the forum ,it says visit visa will only had result 2 weeks and maximum of one month,but shes been waiting for 1 1/2 months nearly.....as i am waiting now 15(working days) but i tried to make myself busy so i don't feel bored at the moment i can sense the reason of the delay is because of the relocation
As for you,try to make busy yourself and Good luck trina :cwm38:

trina
10th July 2008, 01:15
I had friend here on the forum ,it says visit visa will only had result 2 weeks and maximum of one month,but shes been waiting for 1 1/2 months nearly.....as i am waiting now 15(working days) but i tried to make myself busy so i don't feel bored at the moment i can sense the reason of the delay is because of the relocation
As for you,try to make busy yourself and Good luck trina :cwm38:

thanks jedc143... i hope we can get our visa sooner than soon...

anyway when did you submitted your application???

joebloggs
10th July 2008, 01:50
i think it depends sis, maybe they're just busy now coz when i apply for my visa,way back 2006, it only takes 3 days.so just wait and pray,you can have it soon. refusal is very rare to those applicant that submit complete documents...
goodluck to your visa!
for the mean time, just take your time enjoying with us here in this forum!

i applied for a visa back in jan 2005, took near 3 months, would have taken longer if i had not complained, brits put up with bad service, if it was a private company and not the gov, you should get your money back and someone should get sacked :D, then again it is a private company now that accepts the apps :doh, so is this causing further delays btw them and the embassy ?

if you got your visa in 3 days, you were very lucky, sometimes its got nothing to do with evidence you submitted, they never asked for more evidence from us, infact we had more evidence than most on here, letters dating back years, 1000s of pages of chat logs, i had gone to the phils 6 timesto see her, we had been married more than 2yrs b4 we applied for a visa..

long delays because the embassy has moved, holiday time as embassy and the visa processing peeps go on their hols, busiest time of the year to, when most people apply for visa's :NoNo:

IainBusby
10th July 2008, 09:24
Hi Trina,
Welcome to the forum.
Louella & Iain.

telford
10th July 2008, 09:29
i applied for a visa back in jan 2005, took near 3 months, would have taken longer if i had not complained, brits put up with bad service, if it was a private company and not the gov, you should get your money back and someone should get sacked :D, then again it is a private company now that accepts the apps :doh, so is this causing further delays btw them and the embassy ?

if you got your visa in 3 days, you were very lucky, sometimes its got nothing to do with evidence you submitted, they never asked for more evidence from us, infact we had more evidence than most on here, letters dating back years, 1000s of pages of chat logs, i had gone to the phils 6 timesto see her, we had been married more than 2yrs b4 we applied for a visa..

long delays because the embassy has moved, holiday time as embassy and the visa processing peeps go on their hols, busiest time of the year to, when most people apply for visa's :NoNo:

maybe we're just lucky that time, coz i also have a friend that apply for spouse visa same time as me, she also got her visa in just 3 days...:)

trina
10th July 2008, 15:15
thanks... IainBusby..

nice to meet you...see yah around

trina
10th July 2008, 15:19

yeah WAITING is the name of the Game...:Brick:

SephEan
11th July 2008, 20:15
Hi! you have nothing to worry about... relax, make yourself busy..i know its hard not to think of the result but atleast try.. goodluck!!

lizaphil
11th July 2008, 21:59
hello trina

My fiance and I are waiting for 10 weeks now.
Goodluck to all of us

hello frances,that is long wait,when i aply my visa just 4weeks but that is last june 2007

Frances
12th July 2008, 03:19
hello frances,that is long wait,when i aply my visa just 4weeks but that is last june 2007

hi lizaphil good for you!
It's gonna be 11 weeks on Sunday.
We are praying and hoping for positive outcome.:)

trina
12th July 2008, 03:25
hi frances

good luck for both of us...and to all couple here...i hope we get our VISA sooner rather than later.....

vbkelly
12th July 2008, 20:56
hi frances

good luck for both of us...and to all couple here...i hope we get our VISA sooner rather than later.....

just relax girls its on the way...........

trina
12th July 2008, 21:26
just relax girls its on the way...........

thanks Vbkelly...

I really do hope so... I miss my hubby a lot....:bigcry:

Frances
13th July 2008, 03:48
thank you trina and vbkelly! : )

yam
13th July 2008, 15:02
be patient in waiting thats all i can advice. Good luck to you......

gingxrick
13th July 2008, 16:09
Hi trina, when my wife Ging applied for her spouse visa it took 3 full callander months for it to be approved. So just hold on there and before you know it the postie will be knocking on your door with that special parcel. take care Ricky and Ging.

sweet_cookie08
13th July 2008, 18:01
thanks Vbkelly...

I really do hope so... I miss my hubby a lot....:bigcry:

Trina,

same here! :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

well at least you are just waiting for your visa and you have shorter time of waiting to be with your hubby, me.. :bigcry: i cant lodge my visa app yet. got another prob with my child's BC.. its making me anxious already.

hope you get your visa soon, and me, hope i could lodge my visa app soon.

trina
13th July 2008, 21:36
Hi trina, when my wife Ging applied for her spouse visa it took 3 full callander months for it to be approved. So just hold on there and before you know it the postie will be knocking on your door with that special parcel. take care Ricky and Ging.

hi gingxrick

thanks soo much for that... yep you're right for now all i have to do is to wait... and be patient... the only thing that annoyed me is that... why people have to wait to be with there love one....:Brick:

trina
13th July 2008, 22:24
Trina,

same here! :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

well at least you are just waiting for your visa and you have shorter time of waiting to be with your hubby, me.. :bigcry: i cant lodge my visa app yet. got another prob with my child's BC.. its making me anxious already.

hope you get your visa soon, and me, hope i could lodge my visa app soon.

hi sweet_cookie08

Thanks for that...yep i know what you went through..i hope you'll lodge your application soon rather than later...

and Hope that I get my VISA soon TOO...

Its hard to think that we can't be with our love one...

but also to think of that all the sacrifices for this bloody application.. will ends with a Happily ever after....

Just pray ok...

Good luck for both us...and GOD BLESS US :)

misscarie
13th July 2008, 23:16
Hello Trina,

warm welcome from here :) i am waiting also for my visa result its 8 weeks last friday.I am also hoping for the news this week.Goodluck on our Visas!

misscarie
13th July 2008, 23:19
We submitted it last April 29 my fiance and I wrote the embassy but we were told the waiting period is 12 weeks for settlement visa.

Hi Frances :)

waiting the visa is stressful , Long wait but worth it ... mine 8th weeks last friday , goodluck on our visas! i hope visa this week :Erm: god bless.

Frances
14th July 2008, 05:25
Hi Frances :)

waiting the visa is stressful , Long wait but worth it ... mine 8th weeks last friday , goodluck on our visas! i hope visa this week :Erm: god bless.

hi misscarie i have not seen you in awhile...
yes it is stressful but i have learn to stretch my patience :Erm: It's exactly 11weeks for me today.Good luck to all of us.Have a nice day

trina
14th July 2008, 10:55
Hello Trina,

warm welcome from here :) i am waiting also for my visa result its 8 weeks last friday.I am also hoping for the news this week.Goodluck on our Visas!

hi misscarie

3 weeks today...lol... yep hoping to hear from the embassy this week... good luck to all of us...
I know God is good..

many thanks...mwah

giants
21st July 2008, 16:34
Hi Trina, i emphatize with your sentiment, being separated from a love one is pain...i miss my bf soooo much now like you do and i'm sure i'll be dealing the same thing as you when we lodge our spouse visa application after the wedding on on Aug 8..I guess we cant skip this waiting game..:NoNo: but a small price to pay for a happily ever after!!

Is there no dependent visa anymore?ours took only 12 working days to process, a friend of mine took their application process for 20 working days...

but for your case yeah I guess you got a lot things to do cause you need to change your surname on your passport to get your hubby to be here in UK

giants
21st July 2008, 16:49
hi Sephean

you're definetly right... YES the answer to all your questions... My hubby is permanent on his jod as a Lawyer..and yes I submitted all the documents needed..(birth certificate, photocopy of all pages with stamp passport of my husband,proof of accomodation-My mother in law did that..she wrote a letter stating that she is happy that we can stay there until we find a house near to our work once i arrive in UK, Marriage contract in security paper, sponsor's letter, visa fee, complete Visa application form, and MASSIVE Evidence of our genuine relationship....

do you think this enough???

when did you apply and received your VISA???

Many thanks....

you'he know him and into a relationship for 7 month and got married on the 8 month, sorry dear but i guess that's a little bit scary.....but as long as your relationship is true there's nothing to worry....but it would have been different if you stayed on bf/gf releationship a little longer a year or so before settling down....but my prayers with you

giants
21st July 2008, 16:53

10 weeks, that's only 2 months and 2 weeks my dear, you've been waiting 7 months before your wedding. Try not to think about it, the more you're eager to have it the more it will slip away....

giants
21st July 2008, 17:00

See what I mean Trina, they've been married for 2yrs before applying a visa and he'd gone to the Phil how many times just to visit her....but according to my research yeah sometimes it take 3 mos for a settlement visa or spouse to process just fingers cross..ok

cheers

misscarie
21st July 2008, 20:41
you'he know him and into a relationship for 7 month and got married on the 8 month, sorry dear but i guess that's a little bit scary.....but as long as your relationship is true there's nothing to worry....but it would have been different if you stayed on bf/gf releationship a little longer a year or so before settling down....but my prayers with you

Hello Giants,

for me..as long as trina has a genuine relationship and a loads of evidences it will not be a problem :) as long as the ECO will satisfied about it :xxgrinning--00xx3: i apply for a fiancee visa and after 2 years and 6 months then we decided to submit our documents to the ukvacs, i think the more evidences u show , the more chances to grant ur visa , so no worries for trina's application :) ....

goodluck!

trina
21st July 2008, 21:30

well thanks for your concern...but for me now i don't think the length of our relationship as bf/gf will be a hindrance for me to get my spouse visa...because we can prove the ECO that our relationship is true and genuine..so I'm pretty sure that there is no point to worry or to scare about...:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: thanks anyway...

trina
21st July 2008, 21:58
Is there no dependent visa anymore?ours took only 12 working days to process, a friend of mine took their application process for 20 working days...

but for your case yeah I guess you got a lot things to do cause you need to change your surname on your passport to get your hubby to be here in UK

well for your info GIANTS...we don't need to change our surname in our passport rightway.... HOPE YOU KNOW THIS:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

allyn
21st July 2008, 22:52
hi there!
just want to share some thoughts and experience,,,
its really hard to wait,,,been there...
my hubby thought that when i paid for my visa and send my application they will give me my visa right away but when i told him that i have to wait for atleast min of 3 months he freak out...but theres nothing else to do but wait....
it sound crazy but you know i tried to count each week pass by...
me and my hubby got so frustrated,,,
some say, there will still be interview,,,
some say, the waiting of visa is atleast min of 3 months,,,
but we are both thankful that my visa came after 4 weeks,,,
actually its been released after 3 weeks but it take 1 week more because of its delivery
so be patient,,,,think positive...

keep on smiling
cheers!!!

benb
21st July 2008, 23:00
hi there!
just want to share some thoughts and experience,,,
its really hard to wait,,,been there...
my hubby thought that when i paid for my visa and send my application they will give me my visa right away but when i told him that i have to wait for atleast min of 3 months he freak out...but theres nothing else to do but wait....
it sound crazy but you know i tried to count each week pass by...
me and my hubby got so frustrated,,,
some say, there will still be interview,,,
some say, the waiting of visa is atleast min of 3 months,,,
but we are both thankful that my visa came after 4 weeks,,,
actually its been released after 3 weeks but it take 1 week more because of its delivery
so be patient,,,,think positive...

keep on smiling
cheers!!!

Hi Allyn, You got your visa last year (from search). Its different now, much longer waiting time generally.

Cheers,

allyn
22nd July 2008, 08:33
Hi Allyn, You got your visa last year (from search). Its different now, much longer waiting time generally.

Cheers,

wow!!!
oh well, i guess all you can do right now is wait wait wait wait and wait...:Erm:

thanks benb for updated info...:)

vbkelly
22nd July 2008, 09:25
the length of relationship is doesn't matter as long as you can prove a strong evidence to the ECO so no need to worry about that guys,

giants
22nd July 2008, 12:23
the length of relationship is doesn't matter as long as you can prove a strong evidence to the ECO so no need to worry about that guys,

Please don't get me wrong I don't doubt their relationship. I do beleive it's genuine one but what I am trying to point out here is the people doing the processing....sometimes it's too hard to convince this people especially in this kind of sensitive matters.My prayers is with Trina I do, but I am also trying to prepare her for whatever the outcome of this matter. I am not trying to scare or put pressure on her I just want her to be brave enough to accept what's lying ahead. There's a saying "expect the unexpected". If the result is positive then "Thank God" it is, but if negative (10% chances anyway don't worry) well at least she's prepare for it and try to fight another day. Cause if you focus your mind on the positive side alone failure could cause too much depression, but if you're prepared on both then you will have enough strength to face it and continue fighting.

giants
22nd July 2008, 12:31
well for your info GIANTS...we don't need to change our surname in our passport rightway.... HOPE YOU KNOW THIS:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

My fault, wrong understanding, yup this message of mine is out of context. At first I thought you're here in UK and you went home to marry and you'e just waiting for your hubby's visa, that's why I asked about the dependent visa. I never thought you married a British guy.Sorry my fault.

By the way, are you mad?Cause I do can read a black and font size 12 you know.

vbkelly
22nd July 2008, 13:08
Please don't get me wrong I don't doubt their relationship. I do beleive it's genuine one but what I am trying to point out here is the people doing the processing....sometimes it's too hard to convince this people especially in this kind of sensitive matters.My prayers is with Trina I do, but I am also trying to prepare her for whatever the outcome of this matter. I am not trying to scare or put pressure on her I just want her to be brave enough to accept what's lying ahead. There's a saying "expect the unexpected". If the result is positive then "Thank God" it is, but if negative (10% chances anyway don't worry) well at least she's prepare for it and try to fight another day. Cause if you focus your mind on the positive side alone failure could cause too much depression, but if you're prepared on both then you will have enough strength to face it and continue fighting.
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

trina
22nd July 2008, 14:42
My fault, wrong understanding, yup this message of mine is out of context. At first I thought you're here in UK and you went home to marry and you'e just waiting for your hubby's visa, that's why I asked about the dependent visa. I never thought you married a British guy.Sorry my fault.

By the way, are you mad?Cause I do can read a black and font size 12 you know.

I know exactly what you meant...and all I'm trying to point out is that...sometimes for you to have a better and best result is..to be POSITIVE all the time... yeah expect the unexpected...but I'm not expecting that unexpected....thanks anyway

Piamed
22nd July 2008, 15:02
Everyone deals with challenges in different ways that are dependent upon their belief systems. Some use optimism to get through. Others a subjective type of realism. Others still have a tendency towards pessimism.

All are valid for the person in question. I personally, and particularly as a Christian, am an optimist. I think Trina is the same.

My view is that a non-optimistic outlook can not encourage a positive outcome. Creativity and achievement is often stifled by realism and pessimism. Having said that, I do believe that optimism should be tempered by insight. Although not necessarily hindered by it.

I guess what works for one may not always work for another. Just my thoughts! :)

trina
22nd July 2008, 15:46
Everyone deals with challenges in different ways that are dependent upon their belief systems. Some use optimism to get through. Others a subjective type of realism. Others still have a tendency towards pessimism.

All are valid for the person in question. I personally, and particularly as a Christian, am an optimist. I think Trina is the same.

My view is that a non-optimistic outlook can not encourage a positive outcome. Creativity and achievement is often stifled by realism and pessimism. Having said that, I do believe if that optimism should be tempered by insight. Although not necessarily hindered by it.

I guess what works for one may not always work for another. Just my thoughts! :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::gp::gp::gp::gp:

traveller
29th July 2008, 12:51
trina you're lucky your husband is a laywer...my bf is still finding a job got no money :(

Sconnie
29th July 2008, 13:11
10 weeks and 1 day, that will be this Friday 01.08, I think that will be too late for Vanessa to catch the flight on 8th. Toks, Ahhhh such a pity, her birthday is on 9th. also.

WISH SHE WAS HERE !!!!

PS. a single malt helps somewhat, ha ha :-)

Piamed
29th July 2008, 13:25
Hey my friend. I'm still wishing the best for Vanessa to get her visa asap. The 8th would have been nice but it's OK. I know how you feel. Pia is still there and I'm here. Sure it's getting closer but everything has been getting closer for over 3 years. Still when we are together it will be the perfect time.

If I had a car I would come and join you for that single malt. Of course I'd have to stay over and now might not be the safest time for me to do that :D

You are both in our prayers; the others waiting also.

benb
29th July 2008, 13:42
10 weeks and 1 day, that will be this Friday 01.08, I think that will be too late for Vanessa to catch the flight on 8th. Toks, Ahhhh such a pity, her birthday is on 9th. also.

WISH SHE WAS HERE !!!!

PS. a single malt helps somewhat, ha ha :-)

My yet again silly gut feeling is that both our responses will come together this week!!!

My wife's flight has been booked for the 18th Aug. I'm going to Manila on the 12th.

Best Wishes!

Piamed
29th July 2008, 14:31
My yet again silly gut feeling is that both our responses will come together this week!!!

My wife's flight has been booked for the 18th Aug. I'm going to Manila on the 12th.

Best Wishes!

I admire your positivity mate! All the best to you both.

trina
29th July 2008, 14:45

Best Wishes!

Whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaatttttttt???????

trina
29th July 2008, 14:46
trina you're lucky your husband is a laywer...my bf is still finding a job got no money :(

Thanks.... surely soon he will get one...Goodluck....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

benb
29th July 2008, 14:51
Whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaatttttttt???????

:yikes: :yikes: :Erm: Yes, still waiting for her VISA, but have booked a flexi (dates can be changed) ticket for both of us.

Best Wishes

trina
29th July 2008, 14:55
:yikes: :yikes: :Erm: Yes, still waiting for her VISA, but have booked a flexi (dates can be changed) ticket for both of us.

Best Wishes

Ahhh ok... don't worry it won't take long.......

GaryFifer
29th July 2008, 15:27
Chocolate icecream and a chick flick?

GaryFifer
29th July 2008, 15:33
This one always makes me think of us. Hope I can post:

Natalie Imbruglia Counting Down The Days
(C) 2005 Brightside Recordings a division of Blue Sky Music Ltd under exlcusive license to SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT (UK) Limited.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_q8GCZVHSbg

You were right
And I don't wanna be here
If you're gonna be there
Was that supposed to happen?

I'll hold tight
I'll remember to smile
Though it has been a while
And without you doesn't matter

There's no room
No place to start
When our souls are apart

I wanna travel through time
See your surprise
Hold you so tight
I'm counting down the days
Tonight
I just wanna be
A million miles away from here

How you've been
It's just the usual here
And days are feeling like years
And every day's without you

Now i cry
Just a little too much
when i think of your touch
And every thing about you

I feel cold
I'm in the dark
When our souls are apart

See your surprise
Hold you so tight
Tonight
I just wanna be

See your surprise
Hold you so tight
Tonight
I just wanna be

I'm gonna be your surprise
I'm gonna hold you so tight

See your surprise
I'd hold you so tight
Tonight
I just wanna be

See your surprise
I'd hold you so tight
Tonight
I just wanna be

Sconnie
29th July 2008, 16:58
Hey my friend. I'm still wishing the best for Vanessa to get her visa asap. The 8th would have been nice but it's OK. I know how you feel. Pia is still there and I'm here. Sure it's getting closer but everything has been getting closer for over 3 years. Still when we are together it will be the perfect time.

If I had a car I would come and join you for that single malt. Of course I'd have to stay over and now might not be the safest time for me to do that :D

You are both in our prayers; the others waiting also.

You are welcome any time Mate and I promise you very safe in my home even during this time of frustration :action-smiley-081::omg:

Sconnie
29th July 2008, 17:54

Best Wishes!

I hope she receives her visa in good time, if Vanessa does not make the 8th. and can make the 18th. which airline have you booked your flights with ?

benb
29th July 2008, 18:01
I hope she receives her visa in good time, if Vanessa does not make the 8th. and can make the 18th. which airline have you booked your flights with ?

I'm going via Singaporeair - the new A380 plane.

Its £540 one way, but its a flexi ticket. That is £25 to change or cancel the flight. Valid until 30th Sep.

Mine is 12th to 18th, at £760 (flexi saver). £200 to cancel, but can use airmiles to cancel too.

Both bought directly from singaporeair.com

Cheers

Sconnie
29th July 2008, 20:10
Thanks Ben I will look into that, are you flying into London ? Vanessa will come to Newcastle.

benb
29th July 2008, 22:00
Thanks Ben I will look into that, are you flying into London ? Vanessa will come to Newcastle.

Yes, LHR. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grant
4th August 2008, 08:56
hello im new to this site i got married in january in butaun, its been long journey hehehe, my wife applied for visa 2nd july 2008, the embassy said they would get back withen 1 month. but a friend off my wife got her visa 1 month 2 days after she applied so wow thats good news. so we hope and pray for good news soon.

menchkin
4th August 2008, 09:05
hello im new to this site i got married in january in butaun, its been long journey hehehe, my wife applied for visa 2nd july 2008, the embassy said they would get back withen 1 month. but a friend off my wife got her visa 1 month 2 days after she applied so wow thats good news. so we hope and pray for good news soon.

When did your friend and his wife apply for spouse visa?

benb
4th August 2008, 09:15

Hi Grant, I really hope that the embassy would speed up the processing now that they have relocated and hopefully have more staff and a better system. Its silly to make married couples wait. Even a month is too long.

Best Wishes,

grant
4th August 2008, 09:17
When did your friend and his wife apply for spouse visa?

hello and thanks for your quote, my wifes friend apply to embassy, in april and she got her settelment visa in may, it only took 1 month and two days, no interveiws, nothing, just sent her visa with all the other paperwork she took to embassy, now she living with her hubby in the brighton area, im from dundee in scotland got married in butaun in january, my wifes from beauavista. we sent our deatails to embassy 2nd july, so heres hoping.take care my dear god bless

menchkin
4th August 2008, 09:26
hello and thanks for your quote, my wifes friend apply to embassy, in april and she got her settelment visa in may, it only took 1 month and two days, no interveiws, nothing, just sent her visa with all the other paperwork she took to embassy, now she living with her hubby in the brighton area, im from dundee in scotland got married in butaun in january, my wifes from beauavista. we sent our deatails to embassy 2nd july, so heres hoping.take care my dear god bless

Your friend's time of application happened prior to the relocation of the embassy. Maybe that's the reason why it only took one month processing. Most of the couples here who filed their applications on May waited for 10 weeks before they got results. But like benb mentioned, let's hope and pray that the processing will be quicker now that the embassy has already settled in their new location. I'm also waiting for a spouse visa and it's now my 2nd week of waiting (not yet too agonizing but I must agree that it's really hard to wait. hehe!). Let us know once your wife's visa is released. :) :) :)

grant
4th August 2008, 09:42
walang auman/ sure my friend. and you two can let me know how your getting on with your visa also. take care god bless you

Le'em
22nd August 2008, 12:19
Hi Trina!! I've been to that situation but i just waited for 7 weeks. I know how hard it feels girl. Here is a suggestion. Make an assesment, did you submit all documents needed(photos, letters, e-mails,tickets,marriage contract, bank statement, support letter, proof of accomodation, etc...) and does your hubby's savings acct. healthy? if the answer to all these questions is yes. Girl just relax(i know its hard to do) enjoy pinoy dish, watch your favorite teleserye, browse the store for some warming clothes, learn to cook english food, and most of all spend time with your family and pray...coz girl once u have ur visa, you are going to realize how fast it all happened. Good luck on your application. You'll be together soon, just like me and my hubby...

yes Trina , sephean is absolutely right, i regret why i didnt left work when i got my Visa coz i didnt even spend time with some of my relatives living not in my city..so just enjoy while ur still there and do the things you think you will miss when your here in UK..

cheers

demlyn888
22nd August 2008, 14:42
another 4 weeks to go and hopefully a positive result...good luck to all of us still in the waiting game...

trina
22nd August 2008, 16:08
another 4 weeks to go and hopefully a positive result...good luck to all of us still in the waiting game...

hi when did you apply???? i'm on my 8th weeks too...apply last 23 june 08

demlyn888
22nd August 2008, 16:28
hi trina,

same week as you we applied 27 June. hope we both ours with a very positive result. good luck...God bless...

ANDRES25
22nd August 2008, 18:19
Hi Cg.tj, I'm really interested to know more about that cheap fone calls from your pc. My hubby and I have been spending a fortune calling each other. they do not allow links here so I hope you can give it to me. pls. add me on my ym: dorresofarrell AT yahoo DOT com

trina
22nd August 2008, 21:38
hi trina,

same week as you we applied 27 June. hope we both ours with a very positive result. good luck...God bless...

yes we will receive positive result...no doubt.....maybe it is just a matter of time really..... well hope to get it very soon.....it's really hard to wait...but as sis menchkin said PATIENCE is a VIRTUE.....:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

menchkin
22nd August 2008, 22:44
yes we will receive positive result...no doubt.....maybe it is just a matter of time really..... well hope to get it very soon.....it's really hard to wait...but as sis menchkin said PATIENCE is a VIRTUE.....:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Correct sis! What is a few more days to go if it means you'll be with your husband forever. hehe! :)

trina
23rd August 2008, 00:14
Correct sis! What is a few more days to go if it means you'll be with your husband forever. hehe! :)

yes sis hope to get it this week.....:Brick::Brick::Brick: