PDA

View Full Version : volunteer jobs

Terrielicious
10th July 2008, 16:32
Hi its me again, I am holding a visit visa but i am thinking of doing a voluntary job would that be fine since I am only a visit visa holder?

Thanks in Advance,

Terrielicious :)

Mrs Daddy
10th July 2008, 17:12
:Erm:thats a good question:rolleyes:I think in my opinion its alright coz its not a paid job but experts here knows the answer to that:)

darren-b
10th July 2008, 17:32
The guidance for visitors on the ukvisa's website says

You cannot:

take paid or unpaid work
produce goods or provide services in the UK, or
sell goods and services to members of the public.

Mrs Daddy
10th July 2008, 17:35
thats it then!

Terrielicious
10th July 2008, 20:32
thanks a lot Mrs Daddy and Darren-b. :)

joebloggs
10th July 2008, 20:49
no, no work, paid or unpaid, if caught you will be banned from coming to the uk for a set period of time :NoNo: so don't do it.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terrielicious
10th July 2008, 21:15
Thanks a lot Joeblogs. I wont do it if it is not allowed that is why i asked first in the forum I know u guys always helpful here.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
11th July 2008, 10:53
come back next time with your settlement visa and do it

Mrs.JMajor
11th July 2008, 11:41
Just relax,go round ,watch tv , eat French fries for sure hubby wouldn't mind that :):rolleyes:

Terrielicious
11th July 2008, 13:02
Hi vbkelly and jedc143, I been doing a lot of relaxing, gardening, watching tv, eating, and got bored going round as it is no fun being alone walking in the town. So it made me think of doing a voluntary jobs but as Joeblogs replies it is not allowed to do even unpaid jobs :NoNo::bigcry:

Haaayy.. Dunno what to do but just sit in the house all day and wait till my bf arrive from work. I should start singing I love you Sabado pati na rin Linggo.. He he he:REDancedancer08::smileybigtmouth::wiggle:

telford
11th July 2008, 13:11
Hi vbkelly and jedc143, I been doing a lot of relaxing, gardening, watching tv, eating, and got bored going round as it is no fun being alone walking in the town. So it made me think of doing a voluntary jobs but as Joeblogs replies it is not allowed to do even unpaid jobs :NoNo::bigcry:

Haaayy.. Dunno what to do but just sit in the house all day and wait till my bf arrive from work. I should start singing I love you Sabado pati na rin Linggo.. He he he:REDancedancer08::smileybigtmouth::wiggle:

how i wish i'm in your situation gurl... coz now that i already have baby, i miss sitting and relaxing in the house all day.I cant sit and relax now, coz everytime my baby see me doing nothing, she will cry and want me to pick her always:NoNo:

Mrs.JMajor
11th July 2008, 13:44
Hi vbkelly and jedc143, I been doing a lot of relaxing, gardening, watching tv, eating, and got bored going round as it is no fun being alone walking in the town

thats what i am scared of ....lol i told hubby bout how he surprised when he come here in PI and so lots of people everywhere and tukso ko nga sa place nila zombie hehehe of course it was a :)joke

Mrs Daddy
11th July 2008, 14:53
yep two completely opposite world.when i was not working before.I used to sit down on bay window and imagining people on their backyard having a barbecue or having a drink of beer outside house,playing card and talking gossips to neighbours or neighbors watching telly to neighbors but its like a ghost town.nobody`s really outside except for countless cars park outside house and its good though that I get used to it now or else I`d be goin mad and my job helps me a lot now to keep me busy:D

Mrs.JMajor
11th July 2008, 16:04
sometimes i was thinking how the business gonna work that good ,if people are not that big population :Erm: but they made it...considering it is a rich country:)

Mrs Daddy
11th July 2008, 16:08
as well a lot of eastern block countries coming to UK to work and in my opinion majority of the working population are foriegners.