PDA

View Full Version : hello from Edinburgh

quimar
13th July 2008, 19:57
hello,
I just arrived in Edinburgh, 2 weeks ago to be exact and I haven't met any filipino here. Actually it seems that most of Filipino here are quite snobbish. I really want to meet new friends. Thank you.

Mrs Daddy
13th July 2008, 20:01
hello,
Actually it seems that most of Filipino here are quite snobbish. I really want to meet new friends. Thank you.

hi and welcome here:Hellooo: dont wori youl soon get used to it:NoNo: rickyging2 they`re from scotland as well and they`re not snobbish i guess:icon_lol::D

aromulus
13th July 2008, 20:05
hello,
I just arrived in Edinburgh, 2 weeks ago to be exact and I haven't met any filipino here. Actually it seems that most of Filipino here are quite snobbish. I really want to meet new friends. Thank you.

First of all ... A warm welcome.:Hellooo:

Secondly.... For some strange reason It seems quite normal for Filipinas to behave that way....:NoNo:
Why that is, I am not quite sure, but, eventually, you will find a couple of threads on the subject.
There are a few forum members around Scotland, I am sure they will make you feel welcome, and probably you may be able to meet.

good luck

Mrs Daddy
13th July 2008, 20:10
First of all ... A warm welcome.:Hellooo:

Secondly.... For some strange reason It seems quite normal for Filipinas to behave that way....:NoNo:
Why that is, I am not quite sure, but, eventually, you will find a couple of threads on the subject.
There are a few forum members around Scotland, I am sure they will make you feel welcome, and probably you may be able to meet.

good luck

probably because they are both thinking each other that she and she is snobbish:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

tomoboyle2000
13th July 2008, 20:15
hello,
:Hellooo::Hellooo:Welcome to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo:

IainBusby
14th July 2008, 08:32
Hi Quimar,
Welcome to the forum. :Hellooo:
Louella & Iain.

Sconnie
14th July 2008, 08:45
Hi and welcome.

Ann07
14th July 2008, 10:09
hello and welcome:)

pennybarry
14th July 2008, 11:05
hello,

YOU ARE RIGHT and I met some dangerous,acid tounge, snubbish pinays :xxgrinning--00xx3:. But I agree there are sincere ones. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wish we can be friends! We usually have our saturday shopping at ASDA, Dunbar, about few kilometers away from Edinburgh. You can send me PM, or your friendster if any. You're just few miles away from us. Cheers! Goodluck!

patti1227
14th July 2008, 14:47
Wish we can be friends!

Your friends surely are lucky and thankful having you as a friend.:cwm38: I am.:cwm38:

Welcome Quimar to the forum and I wish you will find the 'typical' friendly Filipinos soon. Keep the faith. Enjoy the forum!:cwm12:

Frances
14th July 2008, 16:10
hi welcome to the forum!

benb
14th July 2008, 16:39
Folks, I live in Suffolk and I too for some strange reason find it very difficult to talk to the Philippinos here especially in Church. They don't like to mix with the locals and tend to group together. I've tried at several occasions to smile when I see them, but I get very strange suspicions looks - for goodness sake, its only a smile, I'm not going to kill you!

This is also true for the Indians and Chinese who have recently moved to the UK.

Oh well, maybe they just need time to adapt.

Cheers,
Ben B

kimmi
14th July 2008, 18:29
welcome to the forum QUinmar..:)

quimar
14th July 2008, 22:44
hi pennybarry,
you can text me if you like. here's my number 07770806467. I really pray that I will have Filipino friends here.

alicat
15th July 2008, 08:15
welcome to the forum.

aug06_2006
15th July 2008, 13:13
Hi Quimar, welcome to the forum..

pennybarry
15th July 2008, 14:06
hi pennybarry,
you can text me if you like. here's my number 07770806467. I really pray that I will have Filipino friends here.

I am pleased you are happy ! :xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

allington
16th July 2008, 15:44
Welcome

pennybarry
17th July 2008, 10:16
hello,

Nice chatting with you! Forum makes people happy:xxgrinning--00xx3::D
Nice to hear there are filipino scientists in the Uk. Sad, there are no fil. nurses in that hospital, I met 5 nurses lives close to Blyth and 2 of them are my neighbors. Goodluck to your career!:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

jmlbp
25th July 2008, 22:54
oh thank..i visit this site again

hi quimar!!! can we meet sometime? am from bo'ness,15 minutes away to edinburgh..anyway every weekdays am in edinburgh..where you live in edinburgh?

that was last month when went to IKEA,i saw pinay with her hubby but she's bit snobbish so doubted to go near to her or talked :(

andy17
26th July 2008, 00:07
:Hellooo: Hi and a warm welcome!! Sorry you have this experience of snobbery... I haven't encountered that from anyone from the Philippines, but I guess there's good and bad in every nation! I agree with Ben B that many of the new Chinese settlers find it difficult to mix openly... it is part of their national culture to be kinda reserved at first.
But, as you can see, no snobs here in the Forum! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gazlou
26th July 2008, 00:30
Hi Quimar, WELCOME. :Hellooo::)

jmlbp
26th July 2008, 00:30
hi andy!!

am here in Scotland for 1 year already but just knew 1 pinay in edinburgh and just once we met and tried text her for go or some food outside but just received no for she has loads alibi that cant go and when had a holiday in Braemar i met a pinay at tescos,i got her number and just received 2 texts from her just,i keeped texting her but no reply...hmmm why some pinay's like that?

quimar
26th July 2008, 10:42
hello to all members of the forum,
so far I'm very happy that through this forum I already met a lot of pinays here. But right now I don't want to expect something nice na from fellow "kababayans" coz, I'll be only disappointed except for few that are really blessed with being very hospitable and caring but for others if being snobbish is what will make them happy, goodluck!

lizaphil
26th July 2008, 17:00
welcome,,,:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

nigel
26th July 2008, 21:53
:Hellooo: Hi! Welcome, welcome, welcome...:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

pennybarry
27th July 2008, 10:15
hi there!!!
welcome!!!
dont let those snob pinay ruin your day...

theres plenty of friendly pinay around here....like lani, and ms penny,,,and every one here....
including me...hehehehe even tho sometimes im kinda loner in my post...

im just here in glasgow...
if you like you can txt me @ 07523250434

keep on smiling...

cheers

I'm flattered! But I wish you can come here today. Lani and Islander will come here today to see our festival in the village where we live. We'll have BBQ.
Pleaseee come!!!! http://www.coldingham.info/gala/

gingxrick
27th July 2008, 12:23
Hi Quimar, Welcome to Edinburgh from Ricky and Gingx2 we live just over the bridge in dalgety bay fife hope to see or chat to you soon. God bless and take care Ricky and Ging

allyn
27th July 2008, 20:46
[QUOTE=pennybarry;79303]I'm flattered! But I wish you can come here today. Lani and Islander will come here today to see our festival in the village where we live. We'll have BBQ.
Pleaseee come!!!! [url]http://www.coldingham.info/gala/[/u

sorry po talaga if i was not able to come today,,,
my manager didnt allow me to get my off today,,so im stuck with my work...
i really envy you all over there...
i wish im there,,,
anyway
hope every one is having fun...

thanks for the invitation...

hope to see you some other time...

always take care,,,cheers

GaryFifer
27th July 2008, 22:46
Hi Quimar I'm from Kirkcaldy across the water. What do you mean snobbish?what did they say?I bet they were a pair of eejits who sip wine with their pinkie finger out laughing at the commoners. They are what we call sook ma erses. Trying to fit in with the money. Be yerself.

islander
7th August 2008, 15:17
welcome to the forum!

by the way, i'm from west lothian, been here last july 9. nice to hear another filipino here in scotland.

hope to meet you soon!

jmlbp
15th August 2008, 22:37
hi islander!!!

am from west lothian as well,here in bo'ness..how about you?

Ana_may365
4th September 2008, 22:05
Hiya!Quimar,welcome here:):):)dont worry ur not alone to experience like that,me also.there are 'SOME' filipina who are like that,espclly if they live here in uk for a long time and became a b.ctzen.

xebec
4th September 2008, 23:05
Daisy has been in the UK for just over a month now. Every so often she has said to me "There's a Filipino" - although the most contact has been a knowing smile. She is too shy to say anything else to a stranger.

It was heartwarming when we travelled to Victoria station and were going up the escalator she was a few steps ahead of me. A couple of women were coming down and I could tell they were oriental, but not their specific nationality. As they passed Daisy their faces lit up in a smile. When we next spoke I mentioned this and she confirmed "Yes they were Filipinos"

I cant imagine doing the same with a fellow Brit in Manila. (But then it was Daisy's smile which made me fall in love with her)