PDA

View Full Version : daz marrige application

daz20
14th July 2008, 13:06
HI can anyone advise me on my application to the Home Office?
I知 a Jamaican man living in the UK for approximately 7 years now; I initially got a visitor visa then change it to a student visa. I encountered financial difficulty whilst studying and consequently my visa ran-out by about 2years.

I知 now married with one 9 month old son, and the application has been with the Home Office for almost 2 years now. I知 deeply worried I may be sent back to Jamaica to apply for leave to remain there.
This would not be feasible when I take in to account to financial implication of that.
Does anyone have an idea when I might get a decision on the application? I知 trying to get accommodation for my family and the has been really difficult
My wife (who is born in the UK) and I try to apply for a council house, but the council is asking for my status, so that is at a dead-end.
It痴 really difficult but I will remain optimistic about the outcome of the application.
The web site is doing a terrific service by providing the medium for people to express the concerns on immigration matters.
Can someone please reply ASAP?

winner
14th July 2008, 14:06
hi daz20 i dont know any think about your status how you go about it but i do know that your wife can go to the council and register in her name cos she has child and she can put your name on the regster to dose not matter were your from or your status in the uk

joebloggs
14th July 2008, 21:19
where and when did you get married ?

what visa did you apply to the HO for ?

you know over stayers can face a mandatory ban, not sure if they will do that for someone on a spouse visa, but then your an over stayer so i'm not sure.

daz20
15th July 2008, 12:21
thanks for your reply.
i got married in sept 27 2006 and am still awaiting a decision on my application form th HOF. I apply for leave to ramain on the basis on marrige
Are you saying after my wife get a council house she should add my name to the list, or during the initial application?.
please reply

daz20
15th July 2008, 12:22
can anyone advise on this issue
thanks

daz20
15th July 2008, 12:23
HI can anyone advise me on my application to the Home Office?
I知 a Jamaican man living in the UK for approximately 7 years now; I initially got a visitor visa then change it to a student visa. I encountered financial difficulty whilst studying and consequently my visa ran-out by about 2years.

I知 now married with one 9 month old son, and the application has been with the Home Office for almost 2 years now. I知 deeply worried I may be sent back to Jamaica to apply for leave to remain there.
This would not be feasible when I take in to account to financial implication of that.
Does anyone have an idea when I might get a decision on the application? I知 trying to get accommodation for my family and the has been really difficult
My wife (who is born in the UK) and I try to apply for a council house, but the council is asking for my status, so that is at a dead-end.
It痴 really difficult but I will remain optimistic about the outcome of the application.
The web site is doing a terrific service by providing the medium for people to express the concerns on immigration matters.
Can someone please reply ASAP?

winner
15th July 2008, 16:10
she can add your name at the begining or all when she has a house what accomdation have you got now a married couple with one child has to have a 2 bed house/flat if she renting private in just one room he can rent from council you might have to wait abit