PDA

View Full Version : Croydon.....

aromulus
15th July 2008, 11:20
Exactly 6 months to the day (why so long...?), I am holding an envelope from IND with Jet's passport in it....:D
I had the greatest pleasure in signing for it, so I used my Sunday-best signature.....:D

The only problem is that I am not opening it as it is addressed to Jet, and I am really having terrible difficulties in keeping off it....:NoNo:

I WANT to know what the residence Card looks like, I want the reassurance 100% that they haven't :censored:d up...:omg:

I need to know, nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:bigcry:

I suppose my curiosity will have to wait until she gets back from work........:bigcry::NoNo:

So for now I hope for the best....:D

ervenescence
15th July 2008, 11:28
Go on open it, you know you want to..:D

benb
15th July 2008, 11:47
6 months! That is too long. Have you considered writing a formal complain letter?

Cheers,
Ben B

aromulus
15th July 2008, 12:03
6 months! That is too long. Have you considered writing a formal complain letter?

Cheers,
Ben B

It does say on the form that it will take up to six months.....:NoNo: wether on purpose or by default I am not quite sure...:Erm:

But it is rather strange that it is exactly six months to the day since the application was received in Croydon....:omg:

You may draw your conclusions.....:omg:

KeithD
15th July 2008, 12:30
ALways busy this time of year with the Summer hols approaching....second half of the year is quicker.

aromulus
15th July 2008, 12:36
I wonder.... :Erm:

If I steam the envelope open... :rolleyes:

Will she notice it...???:omg:

I better not........:bigcry:

KeithD
15th July 2008, 12:50
Take it to her....

aromulus
15th July 2008, 13:51
It is.........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The most beautiful residence permit I have ever seen....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

But as I thought... They did :censored: up somewhere along the line....:NoNo:

It is in her maiden name......:bigcry:

They can't even read all the evidence of marriage, the Manila Embassy Family Permit, the change of name amendment on the passport, the various bank statements in her name, Doctor surgery card.... etc.....:cwm23:

Oh well.... Never mind.:cwm24:

We can plan a few days in Italy now....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
15th July 2008, 14:56
That's a common mistake :NoNo:

aromulus
15th July 2008, 16:35
That's a common mistake :NoNo:

Yeah, ok.... But will it affect anything...???:Erm:

I cannot believe how they managed to foul up something so simple...:omg:

They can't blame computer glitches for this one....:doh

A cock-up pf this magnitude must be somebody's fault.:Brick::Brick:

KeithD
15th July 2008, 17:11
Yeah, ok.... But will it affect anything...???:Erm:
Only if she tells folk she's unmarried and runs off with the milkman :)

mike1
15th July 2008, 17:36
It is.........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The most beautiful residence permit I have ever seen....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

But as I thought... They did :censored: up somewhere along the line....:NoNo:

They can't even read all the evidence of marriage, the Manila Embassy Family Permit, the change of name amendment on the passport, the various bank statements in her name, Doctor surgery card.... etc.....:cwm23:

Oh well.... Never mind.:cwm24:

does it mean she still needs a visa to visit Italy :Erm:

aromulus
15th July 2008, 17:53
does it mean she still needs a visa to visit Italy :Erm:

Yes. :Brick:

Jet will need a Schengen Visa to visit countries in the European Union.....:NoNo:

reginacarlson
3rd January 2009, 20:06
Why? I thought if you have a Residence Card, travel to Schengen countries will no longer require a visa...

aromulus
3rd January 2009, 21:49
Why? I thought if you have a Residence Card, travel to Schengen countries will no longer require a visa...

Korrek ka dyan........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We did travel to Italy and she didn't need the Schengen Visa at all.

The copper at immigration was a bit perplexed but as soon as I turned up next to her, I was asked if she was my wife and that was that......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

On the other hand, the guy at Lillipud Airport was a :butthead:.

reginacarlson
6th January 2009, 20:00
Hello Aromulus. I'm about to submit my form EEA2 for my Residence Card application next week and since they would also be requiring my husband's passport, I thought I might as well submit a form EEA1 to apply for his Registration Certificate but I'm confused as to which address I'm supposed to post it to since we're applying together.

UK Border Agency
European Applications EEA2 (for me)
European Applications EEA1 (for him)
PO Box 306
Dept 45
Liverpool
L2 0QN

It doesn't make sense to post it separately because I need his passport on my application and so does he in his application. What do you think?

aromulus
6th January 2009, 20:12
Hello Aromulus. I'm about to submit my form EEA2 for my Residence Card application next week and since they would also be requiring my husband's passport, I thought I might as well submit a form EEA1 to apply for his Registration Certificate but I'm confused as to which address I'm supposed to post it to since we're applying together.

UK Border Agency
European Applications EEA2 (for me)
European Applications EEA1 (for him)
PO Box 306
Dept 45
Liverpool
L2 0QN

It doesn't make sense to post it separately because I need his passport on my application and so does he in his application. What do you think?

I would prioritize on that, depending on how long you still have on your permit your permit.

As he is European he wouldn't be in too much of a hurry for a registration cerificate. I am puzzled by this as I never got one of those....:Erm:

On the other hand you are in a hurry, so I suggest that you send his passport with your application, and after a couple of months he writes to them requesting his passport back for obvious reasons.

This is what I did when I needed my passport for traveling abroad for work last year.
From the moment I wrote the request to the receipt of my passport it was only about 2 weeks.
Jet was not so fortunate, as she had to wait for her Passport and Residence card for the full six months to the day.

But why Liverpool...???:Erm: I had to send our stuff to Croydon.....:Erm:

reginacarlson
6th January 2009, 20:36
Well he's not required to have a Registration Certificate, it's optional but I thought since they would probably be holding on to his passport for as long as mine, might as well use the time to apply one for him. But you're right, it's not as urgent for him as it is for me. I only have till 21APR this year before my Family Permit expires.

From 01 September 2008, all completed European application forms should be sent to Liverpool office.

And another thing, based on the application form only original documents must be submitted...does it mean I have to forward my original Marriage Contract or will the NSO copy suffice?

aromulus
6th January 2009, 21:48
And another thing, based on the application form only original documents must be submitted...does it mean I have to forward my original Marriage Contract or will the NSO copy suffice?

We did send the NSO copy.