PDA

View Full Version : Need advise: Student Visa Application

marky
15th July 2008, 17:48
I would like to seek your advise regarding requirements for student visa. My sponsor and I already prepared all the necessary documents needed for my visa application ie certificates, tuition fees, accomodation, college acceptance- except for one thing:

My (atm) personal bank statement doesnt look good, it only shows my salary deposits upon employment at around PHP20,000 a month and it is usually withdrawn thru atm. Is it okay if I could show a remittance advise from my relative showing money was sent to me prior to my visa application? An enough amount of money for airfare and travel other fees. Let's a money out of my pocket.

Thanks and looking forward for your advise. :)

doonat
17th July 2008, 04:19
visit this link: http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/student.aspx just follow what is written on that site, no need for agency to process your papers.

its really hard to produce a good bank statement to prove you can cover all your expenses in the uk and that's when sponsor comes in. don't forget to include in your application an affidavit of support from your sponsor stating he is willing to support you all the way till the end of your course.

these are the options you could do:
1) you may present your sponsor's bank statement (at least 1.5M php or depending on the duration of your course) and state thru the affidavit that he will allocate enough funds for your studies, or
2) have the money deposited directly to your account (passbook is better) and explain in the affidavit how the the huge amount of money came about.

atm account is not a problem coz you can request a copy of your bank statement for a minimal amount (i suggest submit records for the past 6 months).

submit only genuine documents,:D as for other solutions regarding financial statements, just pm me if interested. :) btw, from where are you?

doonat
17th July 2008, 08:39
check this site: http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/student.aspx

i wrote some stuff a while ago but i wonder it wasn't posted :cwm34:

as for the bank statement, you may ask your sponsor to deposit it to your account, provided it is explained in the affidavit of support.

pm me if you want to know more :)

Terrielicious
17th July 2008, 09:29
check this site: http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/student.aspx

as for the bank statement, you may ask your sponsor to deposit it to your account, provided it is explained in the affidavit of support.

pm me if you want to know more :)

Ho Doonat, can u add me in yahoo messenger? I cannot PM you yet, I just wanna ask u how u do it and what to do applying for student visa, I am planning to apply when my visit visa expire.

Thanks in Advance.:)

aromulus
17th July 2008, 12:12

:)

Maybe because the link you posted in your first post was not acceptable.....??:NoNo:

marky
17th July 2008, 16:39
@Doonat
already done that, what i mean is the money that will be used for travel expenses ie. airfare. Sponsor say that Php50K-70K would be good enough. I can raise this amount of money - family will contribute.

doonat
18th July 2008, 02:56
Maybe because the link you posted in your first post was not acceptable.....??:NoNo:

i was thinking how did it happen... at first i saw my 1st post was there, then i came back after like 10 hrs then it was gone. and now there it is :yikes: :icon_lol:

doonat
18th July 2008, 03:01
Ho Doonat, can u add me in yahoo messenger? I cannot PM you yet, I just wanna ask u how u do it and what to do applying for student visa, I am planning to apply when my visit visa expire.

Thanks in Advance.:)

ok add me up: don_rom , im usually online during daytime here in the phils :)

doonat
18th July 2008, 03:21
@Doonat
already done that, what i mean is the money that will be used for travel expenses ie. airfare. Sponsor say that Php50K-70K would be good enough. I can raise this amount of money - family will contribute.

as for your 1st post, you can submit proof of remittances or receipts from your relatives / family or other sources of income aside from your salary. but if you will declare in the application form that you will pay for your own airfare be sure there are enough funds in your account. to play safe or you don't want them to look into your financial account, just submit a bank certificate stating you have money in the bank for your airfare (say 50k-100k) :)

btw, how long is the duration of your course?

marky
23rd July 2008, 15:36
9 months