PDA

View Full Version : hello from Philippines!

hirokf
16th July 2008, 09:03
hello from Philippines! I just got back from Norway, and I only had a tourist visa before. I was just browsing about visas in norway then I was able to read some useful forums here. We are planning to get a fiancee visa but it would take 6-12 months to process it. I just wanted to know how I could be able to contact this username "mrstarb" coz I think she can help me with my problem. I am just wondering if I can only apply for tourist visa in norway and just get married and apply for a resident visa from there. To all of you who have an idea about applying for a resident visa in norway, I would really appreciate any comments you would have to give. Thank you and more power!

heres the thread which I was able to browse regarding resident visa in norway.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?p=16130

IainBusby
16th July 2008, 09:52
Hi Hirokf,
Welcome to the forum. :Hellooo:
Louella & Iain.

Frances
16th July 2008, 12:31
hello welcome.

Sconnie
16th July 2008, 12:48
Hi and welcome.

Ann07
16th July 2008, 12:49
:)welcome to the forum

alicat
16th July 2008, 13:11
:Hellooo::Hellooo:welcome to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo:

A_flyer
16th July 2008, 15:32
Welcome to the forum.

I just wanted to know how I could be able to contact this username "mrstarb" coz I think she can help me with my problem.
As she do not wrote enough posts (as well as you), we can't PM her, only a moderator can do it.

allington
16th July 2008, 15:32
Welcome

tomoboyle2000
16th July 2008, 17:00
Welcome to the forum!

kimmi
16th July 2008, 17:54
welcome to the forum..:)

magking
16th July 2008, 19:09
Welcome to the forum.:)

It's not allowed to marry on a turist visa then apply for residency in Norway.
The fastest route is to marry in Phil and apply for a entry visa which takes about three months.

We applied on month ago and I'm hoping my wife can come before winter starts setting in. Where in Norway did you stay?

hirokf
16th July 2008, 21:17
hello again,

thank you all for welcoming me here :) it is nice to know that a lot of you is trying to reach out for a newbie like me. million thanks to all of u again !

hello welcome.

we had waited long enough already for 4 years since I went to school. And its been really hard for both of us to be away that is why we want to be together soon again after my licensure exam and try to make up for those times that we were not together.

I really wanted to try to at least ask mrstarb about what happened to her, so i'm asking for the help of our respected moderators here to kindly PM mrstarb for me. I would really really appreciate that. thanks for info "A_flyer".

hope to hear from you guys again!

thanks a lot!

hirokf
16th July 2008, 21:26
Welcome to the forum.:)

It's not allowed to marry on a turist visa then apply for residency in Norway.
The fastest route is to marry in Phil and apply for a entry visa which takes about three months.

We applied on month ago and I'm hoping my wife can come before winter starts setting in. Where in Norway did you stay?

hello,

my fiancee wants me to be there during winter also since I had stayed there already last spring and during summer. I stayed in Oslo by the way.

Its just that , the requirements are really crazy, plus not to mention I am living here in the province so it's hard to go back and forth to Manila to process it plus not to mention I have my review class for my licensure exam. I am just trying to give it a shot if I can make this convenient for me so I can at least concentrate on my review and be able to make it happen for us that I would go there this december.

Thanks for the response :)

gracia_006
17th July 2008, 05:43
hello,

my fiancee wants me to be there during winter also since I had stayed there already last spring and during summer. I stayed in Oslo by the way.

Its just that , the requirements are really crazy, plus not to mention I am living here in the province so it's hard to go back and forth to Manila to process it plus not to mention I have my review class for my licensure exam. I am just trying to give it a shot if I can make this convenient for me so I can at least concentrate on my review and be able to make it happen for us that I would go there this december.

Thanks for the response :)

HI! this is magkings wife:BouncyHappy: I just wnat to ask where you in the Philippines? what particular province?

hirokf
17th July 2008, 10:34
hi, I live here in Iloilo. How about you? May I know what are the other requirements did the embassy require you after submitting your application for spouse visa?

Where in Norway does your husband live? I stayed in Oslo for three months and i've seen lots of Filipinos there especially at St. Olavs church where I attended the mass there one time. I would love to have some Filipino friends there in norway some time in the future :)

I wish you luck in your visa :)

gracia_006
17th July 2008, 10:58
hi, I live here in Iloilo. How about you? May I know what are the other requirements did the embassy require you after submitting your application for spouse visa?

Where in Norway does your husband live? I stayed in Oslo for three months and i've seen lots of Filipinos there especially at St. Olavs church where I attended the mass there one time. I would love to have some Filipino friends there in norway some time in the future :)

I wish you luck in your visa :)

I am in Bukidnon right now.

Just follow and submit all the documents listed on thier site.

My husband is from Vestby :-)

hirokf
17th July 2008, 11:19
ah you're too far from me :P

I browsed the requirements in their website, but what i'm asking is after submitting your application with the requirements what did the embassy require you to do? any additional requirements? or they just told you to just wait for 3-4 months?did they gave you an acknowledgement receipt as well just like in schengen visa telling how many days is the processing?

hirokf
17th July 2008, 11:21
I asked my fiancee though, Vestby is not too far from Oslo :) maybe you guys can drop by and have a chat with us in the future :)

gracia_006
17th July 2008, 12:12
ah you're too far from me :P

I browsed the requirements in their website, but what i'm asking is after submitting your application with the requirements what did the embassy require you to do? any additional requirements? or they just told you to just wait for 3-4 months?did they gave you an acknowledgement receipt as well just like in schengen visa telling how many days is the processing?

They just gave me a reciept\acknowledgent thing that they recieve my visa application, and yes we will just have to wait for 3-4 months, but others said that they have it in just 2 and half months. so maybe we are lucky :-)

hirokf
17th July 2008, 12:22
that's good :)

actually when I applied for schengen visa last time it says in my receipt that it would take 21 working days to process it. but luckily enough I got my visa in just two weeks :)

so maybe yours would be less than 3-4 months as well. good luck!

gaius
22nd July 2008, 06:26
Hi to all! im glad i found this forum since im into process of migrating to UK to join to my wife in London as dependant visa holder.

hope someone here with the same status could assist and share some new updates on UK visa processing and other additional documents needed or required since i have already most of the documents listed in the checklist.

Thank you filipinouk! :Hellooo:

Piamed
22nd July 2008, 07:39
There are so many in Oslo but also Tromso. I have even met 2 working in baggage handling at Oslo airport! Good luck.