PDA

View Full Version : visa denial...

maganda
24th July 2008, 16:40
has anyone here been denied of fiancee/spouse visa??? and for what reasons???

did you apply again???

Mrs Daddy
24th July 2008, 16:44
hi maganda...why have you been denied a visa?

maganda
24th July 2008, 16:58
hi maganda...why have you been denied a visa?

hi mrs daddy.....answer is no. me and my faincee still planning to apply..he is on the process of sorting his finances, building up his savings again. and me starting to sort out our documents..:)

Im just curious if theres anyone here been denied of settlement visa coz of lack of funds ,,or for any other reason.

Fountainhead
24th July 2008, 17:16
If maganda doesn't mind I'd like to add a couple of questions of my own.

1 - If they refuse a visa application do they give the exact reasons why it has been refused or do you just get a letter saying "sorry your visa application has been unsuccessful" ?

2 - If you re-apply will the fact you had one application turned down already count against you? will it be treated as an entirely new application and will they have to go through all the checks again or will they look at the reasons the previous application failed and just look to see if those areas are now satisfactory and complete?

joebloggs
24th July 2008, 19:21
1) yes if your refused they will tell you why.

2) no , most of the time it will not count against you, depends on the reason why you was refused, if you were found to have committed fraud when applying for your app or something serious, then that could effect future visa apps. but most of the time a refusal will not effect future apps, but you must show you've corrected the original reason for refusal, or you risk being refused again for the same reason :doh

nigel
24th July 2008, 19:28
You've just got to convince them that you have a genuine relationship and that the marriage is not a scam, and that you can support yourselves financially....I reckon that's your aim...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fountainhead
26th July 2008, 08:32
Thanks guys. Cristine is submitting our application next time I am in the Philippines in October. We certainly don't intend to do anything fraudalently but while I feel that ours will be a strong application and I believe I've provided everything they ask for it's nice to know if the worst happens and they find a reason to refuse I will know exactly where we've gone wrong bcause we're both committed to being together however long it takes.

benb
26th July 2008, 08:45
Thanks guys. Cristine is submitting our application next time I am in the Philippines in October. We certainly don't intend to do anything fraudalently but while I feel that ours will be a strong application and I believe I've provided everything they ask for it's nice to know if the worst happens and they find a reason to refuse I will know exactly where we've gone wrong bcause we're both committed to being together however long it takes.

Are you going for a financee or spouse visa?

Best Wishes

Fountainhead
26th July 2008, 09:03
Are you going for a financee or spouse visa?

Best Wishes

Thanks for the best wishes.

we're going for a fiancee visa. We got engaged last time I was there in April, I'm returning for two weeks in October to take all the paperwork and for Cristine to sumbit it, and then, if we're successful, the plan is for me to travel there again in March next year and she will return with me and we will get married in June 2009. Like I said I feel we have a good application but I guess lots of people have felt that way before only to be turned down so I refuse to be too confident until we actually have the visa.

How about you? have you applied? did you get the visa? Good luck if you are still waiting.

benb
26th July 2008, 09:15
Thanks for the best wishes.

we're going for a fiancee visa. We got engaged last time I was there in April, I'm returning for two weeks in October to take all the paperwork and for Cristine to sumbit it, and then, if we're successful, the plan is for me to travel there again in March next year and she will return with me and we will get married in June 2009. Like I said I feel we have a good application but I guess lots of people have felt that way before only to be turned down so I refuse to be too confident until we actually have the visa.

How about you? have you applied? did you get the visa? Good luck if you are still waiting.

Thanks, Yes, my wife applied for a spouse visa on 19th May and still waiting. Previously her visit visa was rejected. I hope to hear some good news next week.

Cheers

phillip
4th August 2008, 22:16
dont make the same mistake as me frances and i got denied just because the embassy faild to make contact with our caterer when checking if the document was genuine.and just because i was being honnest and booking a part time carerer we got denied .i think if i had gone to a big hotel and provisionally booked with no intention of ever useing them frances would be here now .anyway were appealing with a letter from the caterer saying i had booked .when it goes to appeal i cant see they have a genuind reason to refuse us ,i think they just look for an excuse to refuse .