PDA

View Full Version : visa fee for the baby

marylen
25th July 2008, 10:13
Does it needs to have a separate visa fee for the baby at age less than a year old? my friend just had her baby a month ago and she was planning to apply a visa soon which she has no idea if the baby also needs a separate visa fee....her baby is still a month old. does it needs to register the baby to consular embassy in manila for the citizenship of the baby before they fly over in uk...? does the baby needs a separate passport as well?

KeithD
25th July 2008, 10:27
Does the baby not fit in the luggage? :rolleyes:

I'll get my coat :ARsurrender:

trina
25th July 2008, 12:03
Does the baby not fit in the luggage? :rolleyes:

I'll get my coat :ARsurrender:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

A_flyer
25th July 2008, 13:20
Does it needs to have a separate visa fee for the baby at age less than a year old? my friend just had her baby a month ago and she was planning to apply a visa soon which she has no idea if the baby also needs a separate visa fee....her baby is still a month old. does it needs to register the baby to consular embassy in manila for the citizenship of the baby before they fly over in uk...? does the baby needs a separate passport as well?
Everybody needs proper papers to travel, whatever the age is.
The baby needs a passport to travel. If the Father in English and recognize the baby (he signed the Filipino Birth Certificate), then he should go to the UK Embassy to declare the baby (if I remember well, the UK Citizen declaring a baby birth must be present) and request a British passport. Having a British passport for the baby may take some time, but is the best thing to avoid any problem for the travel (in case of Filipino passport, the baby will need a visa and surely a DSWD clearence to be free of travel).

Another thing, when buying the ticket for the travel they should request a baby bassinet (have to be done in travel agency, as it's not available online). As only few are available on each flight, they should also arrive in more in advance at check-in to have a confirmed baby bassinet for the flight (nota: in general it's available only on long-haul flights and not domestic connecting flights).

joebloggs
25th July 2008, 19:07
she should give the embassy a call and check, but I think you have to pay the visa fee for each applicant for a settlement visa :NoNo: