PDA

View Full Version : Too many gadgets

flomike
28th July 2008, 23:23
In our house we've got 4 laptops 2 for my husband (one is for his work and for his personal use) and he got one personal flat screen desk top too. I've got 2 as well (from his work that for recycle he just ask his friend from IT dept if he can get it) so when we get back to Phils soon I'll just bring it and give to my family there as its worthless if Im going to sell it here atleast in Phils its worth a lot. We got 2 telephone and 2 broadband too, our own phone and broadband and his own work phone and broadband. He is not allowed to use our own broadband when his working home for security reason and he needs to log in using his finger print. His company provide him a Blackberry phone with internet access too and a satnav for his car. He got loads of diff high tech keys as well to get in to his office.

Sometimes our house is like an electronic shop already..Aside from my cellphones too that Im collecting after my contract finish (of course pasalubong sa Pinas). Too many gadgets...but that's how things are now I guess get on with it as they said:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fitzy
28th July 2008, 23:32
In our house we've got 4 laptops 2 for my husband (one is for his work and for his personal use) and he got one personal flat screen desk top too. I've got 2 as well (from his work that for recycle he just ask his friend from IT dept if he can get it) so when we get back to Phils soon I'll just bring it and give to my family there as its worthless if Im going to sell it here atleast in Phils its worth a lot. We got 2 telephone and 2 broadband too, our own phone and broadband and his own work phone and broadband. He is not allowed to use our own broadband when his working home for security reason and he needs to log in using his finger print. His company provide him a Blackberry phone with internet access too and a satnav for his car. He got loads of diff high tech keys as well to get in to his office.

Sometimes our house is like an electronic shop already..Aside from my cellphones too that Im collecting after my contract finish (of course pasalubong sa Pinas). Too many gadgets...but that's how things are now I guess get on with it as they said:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, just treated myself to an apple iphone today.
Can't wait for it to be delivered, as is an awesome toy:D

Boys toys just get more expensive as we grow older, lol

Philip..

telford
29th July 2008, 02:28

Philip..

true! coz my husbands PS3 cost us a lot.the games are so expensive and he always want to buy the latest games.he also have his iphone which he spend lots of his time.
but, anyway,thats more okay for me,rather than he will spend his time going out to his friends and drunk when he gets home.especially we're staying here in philippines, mos of the foriegners here are into drinking,coz they said its a lot cheaper compare to thier place.

half.k
29th July 2008, 02:45
lol gadget lovers...

in my house i have my imac, a hp laptop which i use with windows, my boyfriends macbook pro and mini imac installed to a plasma tv screen, a plasma tv screen just for our PS3, my brother in law's laptop... then there is wifi, 2 iphones, my boyfriends blackberry, my ipod video classic, and all other little gadgets (speacially from apple)

... what can i say... we're very futuristic in my house.. lol

Gavanddal
29th July 2008, 06:55
I got a fridge full of apples and blackberries!!!

Technologically speaking, my best gadget is my Control 4 control system. It controls all my audio-visual devices, window blinds, projection screen and streams all my digital music from my PC through my speakers in 3 rooms.
I need to add on some wireless lighting dimmers next.

I'd like to put Control 4 in our house in the Philippines one day as I can add on network cameras and PIRs and use it as a security sytem which I can monitor from anywhere in the world. It could detect an intruder and blast out "Get out of my house, the police are on their way!!!" through ceiling speakers. Probably more effective than a ringing alarm.

LEAHnew
29th July 2008, 06:58
Can i have one please:D

maria_and_matt
29th July 2008, 07:50

Philip..

you wont regret getting an iphone got mine when it was released on the 11th of july, wifi is fast, youtube use is brilliant! i just love it! when i go out now i only have my iphone for music and calling no need to carry it seperately... have fun with ur iphone!

KeithD
29th July 2008, 09:09
I have a remote control that does EVERYTHING........I call it the wife :cwm24:

vbkelly
29th July 2008, 11:07
will i have 2phones 1nokia Nseries N95 5mp and 8gb and 1sony ericson one laptop and home pc but unfortunately i broke the hard drive in it all my files are gone and i can't open my email coz i totally forgot my password lol good job my hubby paid more money in insurance to my pc so dell sent me another hard drive and they fix it

Ann07
29th July 2008, 13:08

add xboz360, wii, HD etc....lol!

Fitzy
29th July 2008, 14:50
you wont regret getting an iphone got mine when it was released on the 11th of july, wifi is fast, youtube use is brilliant! i just love it! when i go out now i only have my iphone for music and calling no need to carry it seperately... have fun with ur iphone!

Yess, I should get it tomorrow lol.
At home we have a gigabit network, NAS 1 TB drive to store video files etc.
Two Laptops, and the main Gigabit PC upstairs to convert AV files to DVD video to watch.
Am an incurable pirate, hehhehehh
I sell DVD to the lads at work, as they need them.
Does anybody possess a rapid share account???
Is great for downloading all kinds of stuff like movies, softwares etc:D:D
For the Gymnasium, I have a creative Zen 30GB player, is great.

Philip

andypaul
29th July 2008, 19:50
The best gadget i have bought recently is a notebook.

You know the one you write in

With a Pen

Yes im serious nice to get away from Techno techno sometimes.

Iphone one warning it seems they are being targeted as MS is in the PC world by the Black hats.

Who has seen the Nokia Touchs i think they have one in the Dark knight film.

From those who have played with Prototypes they say its very nice indeed.

joebloggs
29th July 2008, 21:26
the main Gigabit PC upstairs to convert AV files to DVD video to watch.
Am an incurable pirate, hehhehehh
I sell DVD to the lads at work, as they need them.
Does anybody possess a rapid share account??

:NoNo: don't waste me time doing that anymore, not for years, tell your mates to goto tesco, buy a xvid/dvd player for £18 :yikes:. plays nearly everything :D and get upto 6 films on one dvd
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rapidshare :D

flomike
29th July 2008, 22:11
I guess the only gadgets I normally get is cellphone as my family back home can have it after my contract finish...right now I get this samsung tocco f480(touch screen) a bit like iphone in some sense:Erm: but not bad as a gadget or a touch screen mobile for £20/month, 250 minutes and text 12 month contract. I will never spend morethan £20/month on a phone that I can't hardly use the inclusive minutes its just a waste of money just to have a nice high tech phone then in a few months you can have it half the price.

andy17
29th July 2008, 22:29
lol gadget lovers...

in my house i have my imac, a hp laptop which i use with windows, my boyfriends macbook pro and mini imac installed to a plasma tv screen, a plasma tv screen just for our PS3, my brother in law's laptop... then there is wifi, 2 iphones, my boyfriends blackberry, my ipod video classic, and all other little gadgets (speacially from apple)

... what can i say... we're very futuristic in my house.. lol

Glad to meet another Apple Fan! I've got 2 Mcabook Pros, a Mac Mini, 3 iPods, 23" Apple Cinemascreen, Wacom Tablet, HP Pro printer and scanner, 2x 1TB Iomega hard drives, Bose companion 5 speakers, A Blackberry and Apple TV. Everything is wireless working from Bluetooth or WiFi Looking now for a new TV. I love my gadgets!!!
(Probably a good reason why I am still single... :bigcry:)

I like the sound of the Gavanddal's Control 4!

I don't bother with DVDs anymore, I stream everything digitally and store it on my HDD and carry stuff around on my 4Gb USB stick. I download movies etc using emule... you can get almost anything there!
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Andy

joebloggs
29th July 2008, 22:37
Everything is wireless working from Bluetooth or WiFi Looking now for a new TV. I love my gadgets!!!
(Probably a good reason why I am still single... :bigcry:)

get wed and goodbye gadgets, last time i had spare money to buy anything was when i bought a nokia ngage, which i'm still having to use it :cwm34:

emule, sorry :icon_lol:

take a year you might get something, and your lucky, if it is, what it says it is :D

i know who to wifi piggyback to when the gov cracks down on p2p :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy17
29th July 2008, 22:38
I have a remote control that does EVERYTHING........I call it the wife :cwm24:

I used to have one of those but lost it several years ago... it's probably down the back of the sofa! :doh

joebloggs
29th July 2008, 22:49
I used to have one of those but lost it several years ago... it's probably down the back of the sofa! :doh

funny thing is, i hide the remote, and tell the misses it must be down the back of the sofa, not lost her yet thou :doh

andypaul
29th July 2008, 22:57
get wed and goodbye gadgets, last time i had spare money to buy anything was when i bought a nokia ngage, which i'm still having to use it :cwm34:

emule, sorry :icon_lol:

take a year you might get something, and your lucky, if it is, what it says it is :D

i know who to wifi piggyback to when the gov cracks down on p2p :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your need a big aerial:D

joebloggs
29th July 2008, 23:15
Your need a big aerial:D

already on the case, gonna piggyback some wifi connections to winterhill the television trasmitter for the whole of lancs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
30th July 2008, 09:18
I've got 2 Mcabook Pros, a Mac Mini, 3 iPods, 23" Apple Cinemascreen, .....
Never mind, I believe they have support groups for Mac users now :icon_lol:

half.k
30th July 2008, 10:01
Never mind, I believe they have support groups for Mac users now :icon_lol:

lol i am my own support... i work as a "Genius" at an apple store... :Hellooo:

andypaul
30th July 2008, 18:47
lol i am my own support... i work as a "Genius" at an apple store... :Hellooo:

They need some Geniuses in the Apple store head office defintely some there who simple gadgets seem to baffle when i have visited the office in Hanover street.

andypaul
30th July 2008, 18:50
already on the case, gonna piggyback some wifi connections to winterhill the television trasmitter for the whole of lancs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

All the Northners will be able to get rid of their Microwaves if you do that:D

Just leave your ready meal in view of the transmitter and volia ready to eat

GaryFifer
30th July 2008, 20:53
I was a friend of mine in his house recently, and he went and stood in the middle of the room and whistled. I said "Are you all right?" He went "shhhhhh" And then he started whistling again. I said "What are you whistling for?" He said "My keys" I said "Your keys?"
He said "yes, when I whistle at them, they let me know where they are" How do they do that? Do they go:"I'm hiding in the kitchen- come and find me!" DAFT! gadgets- blah!

andypaul
30th July 2008, 21:21
I was a friend of mine in his house recently, and he went and stood in the middle of the room and whistled. I said "Are you all right?" He went "shhhhhh" And then he started whistling again. I said "What are you whistling for?" He said "My keys" I said "Your keys?"
He said "yes, when I whistle at them, they let me know where they are" How do they do that? Do they go:"I'm hiding in the kitchen- come and find me!" DAFT! gadgets- blah!

Surely you just look where you last left them:Erm:

KeithD
30th July 2008, 22:02
Apples have maggots.........a Filipina specialty :D

GaryFifer
30th July 2008, 22:12
If one rubs the apple, does the white genie appear?