PDA

View Full Version : Hi

traveller
29th July 2008, 12:27
Hi All,

My name is Ann and I joined this site because I have a british boyfriend. We've known each other for 4 years and have met each other several times,
however, I don't know any friends who has the same situation as I have -having a british-filipino relationship - so I thought of joining this forum...

I'll be glad to have new friends as well :)

Thanks <3

Sconnie
29th July 2008, 12:31
Hi Ann,

Welcome to the forum, you will find many friends here and lots in a similar situation to yourself. Where are you in Philippines ?

tomoboyle2000
29th July 2008, 12:31
:Hellooo:Hi Ann welcome to the forum.:Hellooo:

traveller
29th July 2008, 12:33
Hi Ann,

Welcome to the forum, you will find many friends here and lots in a similar situation to yourself. Where are you in Philippines ?

Hi, I'm from Makati :) How bout you?

traveller
29th July 2008, 12:34
:Hellooo:Hi Ann welcome to the forum.:Hellooo:

Thanks tomoboyle

Sconnie
29th July 2008, 12:43
I am from Newcastle UK, my wife is from Abra, Noprth Philippines currently living in Malate Manila waiting for her visa.

traveller
29th July 2008, 12:45
I am from Newcastle UK, my wife is from Abra, Noprth Philippines currently living in Malate Manila waiting for her visa.

I see...my bf is from Northern Ireland which makes things a lot more complicated :)

Sconnie
29th July 2008, 12:51
Why complicated ? which part of Northern Ireland ? my Fathers family originaly came from County Down.

IainBusby
29th July 2008, 12:54
Hi Ann,
Welcome to the forum.

my bf is from Northern Ireland

His name isn't Tom is it? :yikes:

Louella & Iain.

traveller
29th July 2008, 12:57
Why complicated ? which part of Northern Ireland ? my Fathers family originaly came from County Down.

complicated because...im thinking of travelling there...would have been easier if it was just in london...then i wouldnt have to fly another hour...well he's from belfast co down...seems the same place as what uv mentioned

the uniqueness of my situation though is that i am the one arranging my visa, funding my trip etc

traveller
29th July 2008, 12:58
Hi Ann,
Welcome to the forum.

His name isn't Tom is it? :yikes:

Louella & Iain.

No, his name is not Tom but his name is very common :) I can assure you he is nowhere to be found in this site tho :)

Ann07
29th July 2008, 12:58
hi ann welcome ...

im ann also lol!

Sconnie
29th July 2008, 13:00
It will be worth the funding I am sure to be with your bf.
Have you been to Ireland before or will this be your first visit ?

traveller
29th July 2008, 13:01
hi ann welcome ...

im ann also lol!

Hi Ann!

Thats not my real name though...just my nickname - short and sweet. Is that your baby? Looks so cute and adorable :)

Ann07
29th July 2008, 13:05
same as me short for analiza..lol!

yup, my little boy..thanks lol!

vbkelly
29th July 2008, 13:06
welcome to the forum traveller

alicat
29th July 2008, 13:09
welcome to the forum.

Frances
29th July 2008, 13:11
welcome to the forum!

traveller
29th July 2008, 13:14
It will be worth the funding I am sure to be with your bf.
Have you been to Ireland before or will this be your first visit ?

Well he has been to the Philippines...so I suppose it's my turn...it's my first visit :)

traveller
29th July 2008, 13:18
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

At the moment though my current predicament is that im planning to travel to the uk this october...however i went to some visa assistance firms and they told me that its better if i just get a tourist visa and not include my bf

because my bf doesnt have a job and he cannot sponsor me in any way and they might think that i want to get married in the uk and not come back the philippines

so im thinking when i apply for a tourist visa...ill just book a hostel in london for about 3 days

anyway if there is anyone out there who can give me tips or advice... i hope we can email/chat :) coz i cant put in all the details here

:)

Geraldine
29th July 2008, 14:11
..however i went to some visa assistance firms and they told me that its better if i just get a tourist visa and not include my bf...

Hi!

If you dont mention it in your application about your meeting with your bf, the ECO might ask you about this when you finally decided to apply for spouse/fiance visa. Things will be more complicated in my opinion. That happened to me and to someone else in this forum.

trina
29th July 2008, 15:06
WELCOME ABOARD!!! :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

menchkin
29th July 2008, 15:09
Hello Ann!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum. :BouncyHappy: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :BouncyHappy:

kimmi
29th July 2008, 18:30
welcome to the forum Ann..:)

aug06_2006
30th July 2008, 11:44
Hello n welcome!

nigel
30th July 2008, 19:57
:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
31st July 2008, 11:38
Hi Ann welcome to the forum:)