Thread: Philippines Post

Angry Philippines Post

We sent a large parcel via Parcel Force to relatives in Taguig city Metro Manila last april 2008 and up to now there was no tace of it...We sent relatives to the Post office there but no parcel...We filed a complain to Royal mail Parcel Force and they reply that cause we sent via economy service we cant get compensations for it...and told us that next time to send via Standard service where there is a compensation of 150.00 pound, But then why I was not told this at the Post office in Hay -on -wye?Its so annoying as there was baby clothes for a relative who gave birth....
    We spent 64.00 pound for the postage and I think this is disgusting...maybe it was taken home by some disonest parcel official at the customs.
    We just hope they enjoy....as they have no regrets on stealing.......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mdelg55 View Post
    We sent a large parcel via Parcel Force to relatives in Taguig city Metro Manila last april 2008 and up to now there was no tace of it...We sent relatives to the Post office there but no parcel...We filed a complain to Royal mail Parcel Force and they reply that cause we sent via economy service we cant get compensations for it...and told us that next time to send via Standard service where there is a compensation of 150.00 pound, But then why I was not told this at the Post office in Hay -on -wye?Its so annoying as there was baby clothes for a relative who gave birth....
    We spent 64.00 pound for the postage and I think this is disgusting...maybe it was taken home by some disonest parcel official at the customs.
    We just hope they enjoy....as they have no regrets on stealing.......
    Even if you get a tracking number from the Royal Mail, it won't work outside of the Uk....
    Whichever way you use, you will be open to parcels disappearing.... unless you take the expensive route of FEDEX, DHL or UPS.

it still might turn up, i sent a box to the misses many years ago, and after a couple of months she still had not received it, and just when i was about to give up, it turned up, must have been more 3 months after i posted it.

just as bad here, my misses sent me a letter, well after months of wondering where the letter was, my misses told me the post office sent it back to her in the phils , and the PO had written 'not known address, return to sender' on the envelope,she missed one digit off the house number, the rest of it was correct, and it had my surname on the letter, and there are only 2 people in the uk with my surname, my brother and me., and the road i live on is a very well known major A road and had the correct post code.

Is good to know...I hope eventualy will turn up....Hope the clothes will fit....icase there will sbe still onother baby so I do not worry to much....In the philippines they do not have family planning but "family planting"!!!Joke

i sent alot of things, a ring and mobile phone, so i was getting worried

It is up to you to select what service you wish to use. Each one has different compensation. That is why they have leaflets & online info. The workers who deal with the parcel have no idea of the value.

Plus I wouldn't send any packages to the Phil. Usually 50/50 someone in the Phil will get it before the recipient, especially if it looks valuable.
    Keith - Administrator

I understand I am sending baby clothes. They do not weigh much.

I do not send large parcels, I just cannot afford to loose one big one, so I collect things every week, and send little packages.I would recommend the best type of postage is International airmail SMALL PACKET. It must be under 2 kilos.Example:

Weight: 0.820kg= £9.27. I am sending to Angeles City all my packages have got there so far.They usually take 5 days.

Hope this helps. How are you doing with the alternative money sending?

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    it still might turn up
    I agree! I've told before about the small package I posted to Ruby just two days after we first met online, April 2007. I was already resident here in Phils when we received it in December! I think that the mice and ants had been enjoying the contents - four bars of chocolate.

yes my hubby also send me by post office before, when i am in the phill,and i never get it,and i go to post office ask there if i have package, but they says they deliver already and someone get it,but they never told me who is sign,im so annoying,thats why i never used to send by post office from here,i used balikbayan box,and i am just paying £35.00 pound for large box to manila..

Last time I sent something to the Phil it never arrived......mind you.....I didn't put an address on it
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Last time I sent something to the Phil it never arrived......mind you.....I didn't put an address on it
    Scousers....only good for one thing...stealing car radios.

Joe Bloggs is right it might just turn up yet!

It seems it wasn't made clear to you that the postage you paid didn't include insurance for loss/theft, I'd complain and complain if it the package doesn't turn up, there's no shame in complaining! It's the only way to get fair play in this country!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Thread Information