Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fares from manila

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    But when the missus got her stamp last time i was with her no one checked it as far as we could tell.
    No big check needed, it's indicated on the ticket or e-ticket in the tax details part...
    Best regards.
    Yves

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
    No big check needed, it's indicated on the ticket or e-ticket in the tax details part...
    From what i remeber the wife had some bit of paper given to her which she forgot to hand over and the lady never asked for it, i couldn't see anything stamped on the ticket. Although wasn't really looking that hard to tell you the truth. As we were flying cathay and because we had the marco polo tags on our bags we were put though business class in about 5 mintues instead of waiting in the loooooong queue right near where the tax counter is.

I would have thought they marked the ticket but just dont remeber seeing anything different on hers to mine.

From what i remeber the wife had some bit of paper given to her which she forgot to hand over and the lady never asked for it, i couldn't see anything stamped on the ticket. Although wasn't really looking that hard to tell you the truth. As we were flying cathay and because we had the marco polo tags on our bags we were put though business class in about 5 mintues instead of waiting in the loooooong queue right near where the tax counter is.

I would have thought they marked the ticket but just dont remeber seeing anything different on hers to mine.
    Read carefully what I wrote, it's not a stamp, it's indicated in the tax details of the ticket.
    How you think they know you pay or not the travel tax at the check-in? just by looking at the ticket... it's indicated! but of your you will not see a phrase saying "this passenger have already paid the travel tax". But theres' a code telling this.

If you pay it at the airport at the travel desk countrer, you get a receipt you have to give at check-in. That's why you need to pay it before check-in.
    Best regards.
    Yves

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
    Read carefully what I wrote, it's not a stamp, it's indicated in the tax details of the ticket.
    How you think they know you pay or not the travel tax at the check-in? just by looking at the ticket... it's indicated! but of your you will not see a phrase saying "this passenger have already paid the travel tax". But theres' a code telling this.

If you pay it at the airport at the travel desk countrer, you get a receipt you have to give at check-in. That's why you need to pay it before check-in.

thats why the missus had a receipt in her hand they never looked at and i couldn't see anything on the ticket

thats why the missus had a receipt in her hand they never looked at and i couldn't see anything on the ticket
    I found the code, it's indicated near "XT" tag, often it's "XT 1620PH".
    Best regards.
    Yves

For those not happy with airport taxes, look at this true case:

I tried to book a round-trip flight London <-> New-York with British Airways as an example: Fare one way is 24£ (not bad) but...

Fare (A1): BA LONNYC OXRCUK9 fare £24.00
    Fare (A2): BA NYCLON OXRCUK9 fare £24.00
    Tax: USDA APHIS Fee $5.00
    Tax: US Immigration Fee $7.00
    Tax: US Customs Fee $5.50
    Tax: United Kingdom Air Passengers Duty £40.00
    Tax: United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge £19.70
    Tax: US International Arrival Tax $15.40
    Tax: BA YQ surcharge £161.00
    Tax: US International Departure Tax $15.40
    Tax: US September 11th Security Fee $2.50
    Tax: US Passenger Facility Charge $4.50

Total for 1 adult passenger:
    £298.50

The total price to pay is ... 298.5£, so 250.5£ for taxes and fuel surcharge for an initial fare of 48£... Incredible!

And same dates an example for a round-trip to Manila with Gulf Air:

Fare (A1): GF LONMNL L8WUK4A fare £187.50
    Fare (A2): GF MNLLON K8WUK4A fare £212.50
    Tax: United Kingdom Air Passengers Duty £40.00
    Tax: United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge £19.70
    Tax: GF YQ surcharge £131.00

Total for 1 adult passenger:
    £590.70

So total of taxes is only: 190.7£ (on which a Filipina should add the P1620 travel tax and the P750 airport tax). So the total is around 218.5£

So it's less expensive (in taxes) to go to Manila than New-York...
    Best regards.
    Yves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information