Quote Originally Posted by andypaul
Hi Tommy

Flr is further leave to remain (i think) you need to apply for it once you get married in the uk if your Wife was here first on a finace visa.

SET(m) is the form you have to fill in to apply for ilr Indefinte leave to remain which you need to apply for after two years on a spouse visa, im not so sure how long if you take the finace visa route i guess about the same.

Please check all the above details as im no expert.

When i say how is your wifes English, im sure it is very good if speaking to yourself and others, but like my Wife who was brought up in a English speaking school in phill. But there is a big difference between her English skills which helped her pass with a good grade in ilets and speaking to native english speakers in a business or social enviroment. My Wife is still confused by some expressions and slang which we brits use, but is slowly picking them up.

My Wife was lucky to find a job after a few months but the market is very tough as you need refrences, some companies are wary if no National insurance number and also if no valid previous work experience/qualfications. In London and other big towns the shop, cafe and general job market as been flooded by workers from the EEC, in the last few years.

Like Baboyako says get to know one another for a few months and have a few more vists. This is good for both of you, its also important both to gather proof of contact (photos together, airline and hotel tickets etc.)

I wish you both all the best and hope that soon you are both together.
Thanks for help, that clarifies things a bit. Tommy.