Thread: sponsorship undertaking

Wink sponsorship undertaking

hello ! am goin to apply for fiancee visa , do i need to submit sponsorship undertaking?

For settlement visa, you'll be required to submit the sponsorship undertaking form along with the support letter.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

huh really... i dont even submit a sponsorship undertaking which i thought its only required for other dependants like your parents, brother, sis, uncles or any other dependants who sponsored you to settle in the uk which that belong to other dependants aside from fiance, spouse.......................clarrify this please...................

here is what sponsorship undertaking means provided for:

Applications from parents, grandparents, and other dependant relatives under Rule 317 of the Immigration Rules must be accompanied by a signed understaking from the sponsor. The sponsorship undertaking is available online in the family members guidance (INF 6) on the ukwebsite or from your visa application centre.

Do you guys think fiancee and spouse visa need one? i didn't submit any which i thought i am not under into that catergory and none on the UKVACS ask me to provide one which she even inspect all my documents one by one...please enlighten me with this.

Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    huh really... i dont even submit a sponsorship undertaking which i thought its only required for other dependants like your parents, brother, sis, uncles or any other dependants who sponsored you to settle in the uk which that belong to other dependants aside from fiance, spouse.......................clarrify this please...................
    When I called the UKVACS call center agent prior to my application submission, I was told that sponsorship undertaking form must also be submitted for spouse visa application. So, I asked my husband to fill out the said form.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

gosh right.....anyone here submitted the same...? please let me know...................thats a bad side on me.....i just submitted my application last friday aug 8, 08 and no sponsorship undertaking really....

I suggest that you phone the UKVACS Call Center to clarify if fiancée/spouse visa really requires the sponsorship undertaking form. I am only sharing what I was told to submit during the time I inquired with them.
    Mench

Hello menchkin, I've been calling UKVACS Call Center using my mobile phone but I couldn't get through, did you call them by land line?....Here are the numbers that I tried: For PLDT 1-909-885-VISA- (8472), Bayantel 1-903-847285 are these correct?...please help me, thank you in advance.....God bless

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    Hello menchkin, I've been calling UKVACS Call Center using my mobile phone but I couldn't get through, did you call them by land line?....Here are the numbers that I tried: For PLDT 1-909-885-VISA- (8472), Bayantel 1-903-847285 are these correct?...please help me, thank you in advance.....God bless

Yes, called them via PLDT landline. I did not have any problem calling the number. The way I did it was I dialled "82" (to access toll number) first before the 1-909-885-VISA- (8472). Hope this helps....
    Mench

Thank you for the immediate response menchkin,its very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    Thank you for the immediate response menchkin,its very much appreciated.
    You're very much welcome!!!
    Mench

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    When I called the UKVACS call center agent prior to my application submission, I was told that sponsorship undertaking form must also be submitted for spouse visa application. So, I asked my husband to fill out the said form.

before i lodge my application...i went personally to UKVACS to asked regarding that sponsorship undertaking...because i was so confused about it and the lady that i spoke to told me that..i don't need that sponsorship undertaking it's because I'm already the wife of the British national...
    Matt & Trina Leach

Quote Originally Posted by trina View Post
    before i lodge my application...i went personally to UKVACS to asked regarding that sponsorship undertaking...because i was so confused about it and the lady that i spoke to told me that..i don't need that sponsorship undertaking it's because I'm already the wife of the British national...
    Well, apparently we received different answers to the same question regarding the sponsorship undertaking form. I also made it clear that I’m applying for a spouse visa of a British nationale. It wouldn’t hurt if you submit the said document along with the other supporting docs. Just my thought….
    Mench

ye anyway i can seems feel that we both have the same confusion so whatever it maybe we hoping for the best of our own..................wish us luck.................

thanks menchkin! im gonna try call the ukvacs sometime.

Respected Member
    I sometimes wonder how good they are in the VFS.

We checked before we applied, is the Sponsorship Undertaking Form required for my spouse and her daughter. We were told no. When my gf arrived at VFS, she was told that "Yes, this is required" which meant she had to go back :-(

We were also told that my gf would be the sponsor of her daughter coming here to the UK (They are applying together), only to be told at the VFS that I would be the sponsor for her daughter too (which is what I felt initially).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    I sometimes wonder how good they are in the VFS.

We checked before we applied, is the Sponsorship Undertaking Form required for my spouse and her daughter. We were told no. When my gf arrived at VFS, she was told that "Yes, this is required" which meant she had to go back :-(

We were also told that my gf would be the sponsor of her daughter coming here to the UK (They are applying together), only to be told at the VFS that I would be the sponsor for her daughter too (which is what I felt initially).
    Yes you are right, your Fiancee can not be a sponsor for her daughter because she has not yet settled in the UK.

Thread Information