Hi All,
My wife of 4 weeks is currently stranded in Cebu after travelling there from Cagayan De Oro to attend this pre-departure seminar thingy, which I believe the Philippine government has turned over to a load of nuns. My wife has an 8 years old daughter and does a full time job so she can support her. Anyway, because she is a contract worker, she tried to work out the best way to do this and take the minimum amount of time off work to get this seminar thingy out of the way.

She decided to wait until she was on night shift and then take 2 nights off, Tuesday and Wednesday. This tied in very well with the ferry sailings from CDO because it meant that she could sail overnight and arrive in Cebu @ 06:00am, attend the course on the Wednesday and then sail from Cebu to CDO overnight again, leaving at 7:00pm and arriving back in CDO @ 06:00am on Thursday, have a kip and go back to work on Thursday night. "SORTED"

All sounds very logical you might think and it all went according to plan until it came to attending the seminar. After going right there first thing and being almost first in the queue to register for the seminar, it turns out that the schedule for those intending to apply to come to the UK is @ 3:00pm at which time she came back and attended the seminar, more or less to be told that I would probably begin to beat both day and night from the moment she arrived here, until I got fed up and didn't enjoy beating her anymore, at which point I would probably sell to a brothel owner and into a life life of eternal prostitution.

Anyway, after they had told her all this stuff, she left to go to the CFO to collect her certificate to prove that she had gone through this ordeal, ahh, but you've guessed it, by that time the CFO offices were shut. Well, as so much time effort and money had already been put into this project, which would all be for nothing without that certificate, we decided that it would be best for her to find a cheap hotel, stay overnight in Cebu and collect the certificate the following day.

The next problem was that there was no sailing from Cebu to CDO the next day and there was only one flight which was with Asian Spirit @ 08:00am, far to early for her to get to the CFO, collect her certificate and get to the airport. So she is now stranded in Cebu for another night and has had to buy some clothes etc. Besides all this, to add insult to injury, because she is a contract worker, she has to collect her work ticket for the following week, personally on each friday, otherwise, you've guessed it again, she doesn't get to work that week. So what she was going to be a loss of 2 nights wages has turned into a loss of almost 2 weeks pay.

I dont know whats happening now until she manages to come online again, because now, her cellphone battery is dead because she didn't bring the charger with her.

All I can say is, you wait till the next time I pass a do-gooder nun in the street