Thread: Compasionate Grounds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Compasionate Grounds

We applied our fiancee visa last July 4th of this year, and we are still waiting for the result of the application. It has been more than 15 working days and we havent gotten any news abt the visa papers yet. Unfortunately, today we learned that my nephew was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and my family wants me to go back there, and i also want to go back to UK to support my brother, but i dont want to go back alone and leave my fiancee here.

Is it possible that we could give this information to the UKVACS/British Embassy? I need to go back to UK asap, but i wish to go back with my fiancee.

Can someone help us out with this matter, or who do u think should we talk to and who could actually assist us with this.

Darren and Markie

I do not think that it would make any difference if you explained your situation but you can try.....

As John say, you can try talking too them, but they already process the applications as quick as possible these days. Even when family member's pass away, rules are rules and the embassy has to abide by what directives our Home Office give them, which aren't usually compassionate.
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by britoy
    We applied our fiancee visa last July 4th of this year, and we are still waiting for the result of the application. It has been more than 15 working days and we havent gotten any news abt the visa papers yet. Unfortunately, today we learned that my nephew was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and my family wants me to go back there, and i also want to go back to UK to support my brother, but i dont want to go back alone and leave my fiancee here.

Is it possible that we could give this information to the UKVACS/British Embassy? I need to go back to UK asap, but i wish to go back with my fiancee.

Can someone help us out with this matter, or who do u think should we talk to and who could actually assist us with this.

Darren and Markie
    Darren,

You might go to the British Embassy in Manila, go to the guard and tell him you want to go up to the Consular section, once having got there, go to the visa information desk and ask for Oscar.

Tell Oscar that you need to urgently speak to the Entry Clearance Manager, and say you will wait until she comes out, her name is Miss Jacqueline Lewin, then tell her your story, and say that you had planned to stay in Philippines, but your family has asked for you to come home on compassionate grounds, its worth a try, she may take a look at your Fiancee's application if you are nice to her.

Ask for her help, dont be shirty with her, or with Oscar, just be calm and cool, you might get a result.

Other than that, I cannot add anything other to what John and Keith have said.

Take care.

Britroy

Have you got a big suitcase ?

Quote Originally Posted by russ01539
    Britroy

Have you got a big suitcase ?
    Keith - Administrator

Thread Information