Thread: http://www.asawa.org/asawa closes

http://www.asawa.org/asawa closes

The Asawa Forum of U.S.A. closes indefinately.

Sadly, and although I have not spent too much time on this forum of late, the Asawa forum has now been closed, although you can still read posts, and do some research, the forum is now closed to new posts, and its been dissapointing for so many applicants, especially, as there are thousands more applicants in the Philippines who rely on the site.

That will be a blow to many who need it in the future, but..I suppose Bob the site owner has had enough as he said, the costs of maintaining the forum have not been met by sales of dictionaries, (Tagalog-English) and also Philippine phone cards, stamps etc, so he has decided to call it a day, as it costs nothing to keep the website a read only site, that will be there for the short term, but I think its like a lot of things, they all end in due course.

I know with my own website, it costs me about USD 130.00 a year to maintain the site, and the extra bandwidth required to run it,
    the problem with so many of these voluntary websites, is that they are ran on the basis of the site owners enjoyment, once that runs out, or it becomes a burden, many decide they are not worth running, bf.com will for the moment run on, I may take up Keiths offer and run it from his server at the expiry of my hosting package, then its there for all time as an information read only portal, its sad to see but goodbye once and for all time, http://www.asawa.org/asawa

This site actually costs little in money terms (technically), as the server is paid for by my racing site, so I can run around 200+ domains on it if I wish. Although the server is £150 a month.

However, it would still be nice if you occassionally clicked a Google Ad, as it adds a few cents to the coffers.

One of the reasons you need very helpful Moderators is so that it doesn't become a burden, and for that I thank Pete & Rob (no preference alphabetical ).

I'm always surprised that the dating part hasn't hit full gear though, as it is free. Seems the Filipino's prefer to be ripped off by marriage sites.

If anyone knows how to make it more known in the Phil let me know. A word to family friends, is a way of spreading the word.
    Keith - Administrator

Blimey! That's the least I expect to happen to that forum. It seemed that it would go on forever. I personally think Boss Bob did a very good job running it...well, while it lasted that is.

I think Bob did a fine job, but to be fair, he has simply had enough of it, he started it shortly after his own marriage, and bringing his wife to U.S.A. but I would imagine now that the novelty of it has worn off, his wife has been in U.S.A. for a years now, I think most likely someone else will take up the mantel and have another forum, and the process will start again, I'm sure if my own website went down, some one else sooner or later would start one, I remember British marrying Filipinos, which inspired my own, was ok for a couple of years, then I think Eddie Basson the guy who built in, decided that it was time to move on, and get on with his life, his site no longer is available, it was quite a good site, but fairly basic, and it helped me no end, I relied on it for everything, but..decided then it was time to write my own, I guess as I said previously, all things end eventually.

I did set this up initially for the wife to run....she looks in a couple of times a months Something not quite right there
    Keith - Administrator

london well away from those people up norf
    Blimey I hope for the sake of the couples out there who need the assitance they can find the information they need from sites like this. I first heard about this site from aswa and learned alot about the phil and how My wife and I were not the only ones going though the process.

I hope someone takes over the site or at least makes it a refrence site as there is so much useful infomation on the pages. Not just about Visa processes here and abroad but on a whole range of subjects.

Just makes my Wife and I grateful for Keiths sterling efforts, which helped us so much when we found this site last year :-)

.....and Rob & Pete's efforts

I think Asawa is staying put, just no new posts, from what I read.

I know what he means by getting money in, getting Filipino's to click on something that isn't free is impossible!!
    Keith - Administrator

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win
    .....and Rob & Pete's efforts

I think Asawa is staying put, just no new posts, from what I read.

I know what he means by getting money in, getting Filipino's to click on something that isn't free is impossible!!
    Good point about Rob and petes efforts, sorry chaps.

...and everyone's elses efforts...
    Keith - Administrator

R.I.P asawa org.
    Im afraid Bob had enough
    I knew its gonna happen that one day he's going to shut his site.
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

All sites close eventually....mine will, probably after Irael, 'accidentally' bomb my server in New York!!
    Keith - Administrator

Yes, farewell in advance...byeeeee
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

I haven't gone anywhere!!
    Keith - Administrator

Banned

New ASAWAS have started

Due to the demise of ASAWA, so far 2 new ones have sprung out.
    They both seem willing and capable to help in any way they can.
    One of them is an off shoot from BNN but at first indication there doesnt seem to be any aggro or flaming, maybe because it is still in its infancy.
    The other one, again, brand new, needs some support, it is a husband/wife effort and willing to try to help. The ideas are there and they are very enthusiastic.
    I am in no way advertising, just making people aware that there is help out there.

Dom

Unfortunately i havent seen the site in its heyday.

Thread Information