Thread: URGENT: ADVICES and HELP

URGENT: ADVICES and HELP

Hello people me and my hubby need some advices. I know this is not new to all of you. I was surfing the blogs that the MEMBERS posted here and can't find the answer's that I like. What should we do with my fiance Duncan.

Our first OPTION before is FIANCE VISA. But we change our MIND coz he is thinking that I can't work after 2 years there if we will get FIANCE VISA for me. SO our second OPTION is getting married here but then as I'm reading some POSTED ARTICLES here it shows that it's not EASY coz we need 21 days to wait before we will get married? Is this TRUE? He can't stay more than 2 weeks here because he has to work there. Any advices PLEASE.

The other article that I read is. If it's CIVIL wedding it easy not UNLIKE CHURCH WEDDING.

PLEASE I NEED URGENT ADVICES.. Coz we are planning to get married by NOVEMBER or JANUARY. But I need some ADVICES from you guys before FINALIZING IT. Which is easier and the downside of getting married here.

Please help, help, help, help GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Quote Originally Posted by amyburple View Post
    Hello people me and my hubby need some advices. I know this is not new to all of you. I was surfing the blogs that the MEMBERS posted here and can't find the answer's that I like. What should we do with my fiance Duncan.

Our first OPTION before is FIANCE VISA. But we change our MIND coz he is thinking that I can't work after 2 years there if we will get FIANCE VISA for me. SO our second OPTION is getting married here but then as I'm reading some POSTED ARTICLES here it shows that it's not EASY coz we need 21 days to wait before we will get married? Is this TRUE? He can't stay more than 2 weeks here because he has to work there. Any advices PLEASE.

The other article that I read is. If it's CIVIL wedding it easy not UNLIKE CHURCH WEDDING.

PLEASE I NEED URGENT ADVICES.. Coz we are planning to get married by NOVEMBER or JANUARY. But I need some ADVICES from you guys before FINALIZING IT. Which is easier and the downside of getting married here.

you don't have to stay in PI in 21days before married if you do your ban wedding here in UK

Our first OPTION before is FIANCE VISA. But we change our MIND coz he is thinking that I can't work after 2 years there if we will get FIANCE VISA for me.
    ?? if you come to the uk on a fiancée visa you cannot work til you have been married and have FLR, then you can work without restrictions, so at most for the first 6 months you cannot work.

getting married in the phils in 2wks would be difficult, but i think some people have managed it.

civil wedding in a reg office is as easy and simple as you can get here

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

if u come here on a fiancee visa and get married within 6months and has apply FLR I dont think there will be a problem in applying for work..and u dont need to wait for 2years for u to be able to work here..

Goodluck.

hiya!my hubby did b4 is fetch all my papers work here in uk like my singleness,my b-certificate,my baptismal cert.,etc etc.and he submit it all in regisrtry office here in bishop auckland together with his paper work also like his divorce paper[its important]his b-cert.,etc,etc.
    and he's waiting also here in uk for 21 days.and the next day when he get all our paper works espclly his empediment of merriage.he cameback in phils and then we submit it to british embassy and then the next day Holla!we get married.
    thats the best instead of ur bf waiting in phils for 21 days,coz look if he stay in phils for that long period while waiting,he needs a visa,ur expenses for ur foods,hotel,etc
    thats all i can say and by the way good luck

What I remember if you will get married in Ph, your husband dont need to stay in Ph for 21 dys if he will apply his CNI in the UK. What he need to do is he apply CNI in the Uk before he go to Phil. Then when he arrive to the Phil he can go to British embassy to exchange it to Legal capacity to marry.Maybe this website will help you. http://www.british-filipino.com/How%20to%20Marry.html Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    you don't have to stay in PI in 21days before married if you do your ban wedding here in UK
    Ahh OK so the one that I read is not accurate. Thank you so much for the help. It give stress already thinking and deciding...

God bless

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    ?? if you come to the uk on a fiancée visa you cannot work til you have been married and have FLR, then you can work without restrictions, so at most for the first 6 months you cannot work.

getting married in the phils in 2wks would be difficult, but i think some people have managed it.

civil wedding in a reg office is as easy and simple as you can get here
    ummm so only 6 months of waiting.. What is FLR? Thanks^^, GOD BLESS YOU

Quote Originally Posted by angel2008 View Post
    What I remember if you will get married in Ph, your husband dont need to stay in Ph for 21 dys if he will apply his CNI in the UK. What he need to do is he apply CNI in the Uk before he go to Phil. Then when he arrive to the Phil he can go to British embassy to exchange it to Legal capacity to marry.Maybe this website will help you. http://www.british-filipino.com/How%20to%20Marry.html Goodluck
    Thanks for the WEBSITE sis... I will print the details and study that one! GOD BLESS YOU

Hi! Yes your fiance needs a CNI and before he can apply for A CNI he should be able to stay here atleast 21 days. That's the rule. We had to go though all that when my husband and I were processing the papers. He should make time and stay here first for 21 days if you really want to get married here.

No , you dont need to stay in the phills for 21 days before you can marry.
    Just get your CNI in the UK ( takes 21 days or 15 in scotland ) , then fly to the phills within 3 months.
    Once you get there apply in the British embassy for a local coni - takes 2 hours , you are then free to apply at the local registry office for a marriage licence - wait for a maximum of 10 days then you can marry.
    In theory 2 weeks would be enough time but may be a little tight , better your bf tries to be in the Phills for 3 weeks.

Good luck

hmmm perhaps stuart is right. I didn't know that your fiance can get a CNI in his own country. In our case, my husband had to stay here for 21 days because we didn't know about that before. Then after applying for it, we had to wait another 21 days again to get it. GOOD LUCK!

Respected Member
    FLR means further leave to remain...good luck to you both

Correct me if Im wrong but I think getting a fiancee visa and marrying here in UK is quicker and less paper work. You can work once you get your FLR after getting married, so its only 6months that you will be out of work

in my opinion thats better to get married in PI and apply spouse visa, you can work straight away when you arrive here in uk after 2years apply ILR then after a year of ILR apply a citizenship. i think this is an easy way

Quote Originally Posted by demlyn888 View Post
    FLR means further leave to remain...good luck to you both
    Oh thank you for this info. God bless you

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    Correct me if Im wrong but I think getting a fiancee visa and marrying here in UK is quicker and less paper work. You can work once you get your FLR after getting married, so its only 6months that you will be out of work
    Hi sis... Maybe your right!

Today I'm really stress in thinking on this... Since last night that I posted this ISSUE of mine... The whole day in my work I keep on thinking. I had migraine (huhuhu). Actually I started doing my wedding draft but then when reading some blogs here I weighed things. (wedding here and apply spousal visa or FIANCEE VISA).

So just now we finished talking online with my hubby and we already DECIDED to APPLY FIANCE VISA.. So finally this will be the REAL THING for ME.

Thank you and GOD BLESS YOU

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    in my opinion that's better to get married in PI and apply spouse visa, you can work straight away when you arrive here in uk after 2years apply ILR then after a year of ILR apply a citizenship. i think this is an easy way
    The downside of getting married here is my hubby can't stay longer than 2 weeks. And second thing is after the wedding he will left me here that so sad, I'm tired of waiting already the agony of loneliness and longing hayyyyyyyyyy^^, It so sad to live alone far from your loveone. So finally we decided to APPLY for FIANCE VISA...

Thank you for the advice. God bless you

Thank you too ALL of you who give time to give there advices to me.... I really appreciate it!

" So is there anyone of you who APPLIED FOR FIANCE VISA????
    Any HELP, What should I do FIRST...Where should I START... What to GATHER?"
    We want to apply as soon as next week.

right if u get married as soon as you arrive and change your fiance visa to FLR in less than 6 months the better

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    right if u get married as soon as you arrive and change your fiance visa to FLR in less than 6 months the better
    yes sis that's our decision already... Did you apply for FIANCE VISA too. Any help that you can give. Coz I will start doing ASAP.

God bless you

Thank you too ALL of you who give time to give there advices to me.... I really appreciate it!

" So is there anyone of you who APPLIED FOR FIANCE VISA????
    Any HELP, What should I do FIRST...Where should I START... What to GATHER?"
    We want to apply as soon as next week.

had applied for a fiance visa way back 2006 amyburple took me less than a week only to get my visa.

then got married here changed my visa to flr in less than 6 months got it all sorted and started working 6 weeks after i got my flr

goodluck to u

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    had applied for a fiance visa way back 2006 amyburple took me less than a week only to get my visa.

then got married here changed my visa to flr in less than 6 months got it all sorted and started working 6 weeks after i got my flr

goodluck to u
    What are the requirements?
    What are the paper and evidences do have to prepare?
    Can you still remember what did you do way back 2006?

Good luck!

You can always come back and get married in the Phil once everything is settled in UK, so don't worry about the hassels of church wedding. Just concentrate in your fiancee visa requirements...just search it online.

Good luck!

You can always come back and get married in the Phil once everything is settled in UK, so don't worry about the hassels of church wedding. Just concentrate in your fiancee visa requirements...just search it online.
    Thank you for the advice yea.. we will do that! I will research and of course read some blogs here. I tried to search the old thread but can't find any about FIANCE VISA thing (sigh) I hope can find anytime this week. I need to start ASAP.

God bless you

u've got everything in hand more fiance's/spouse visa's issues here, just keep on exploring as you'll find everything that suits you best. good luck anyway...........just type FIANCE VISA on the search button and you can start it from there...just keep on reading........

Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    u've got everything in hand more fiance's/spouse visa's issues here, just keep on exploring as you'll find everything that suits you best. good luck anyway...........just type FIANCE VISA on the search button and you can start it from there...just keep on reading........
    Thank you so much.... God bless you

"THANKS TO ALL PEOPLE WHO EXTEND their KNOWLEDGE on MY CONCERN..."

I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED SOON. I'm WORKING IT OUT NOW... Give me any shout sometimes if you still have tips to SHARE to me. here's my email:missamy08@gmail.com

GOD BLESS EVERYONE

Thread Information