Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guys... i need help VFS texted me saying i have to go for an interview next wednesday

Under the operating guidelines issued in 2007 by the Visa Services Directorate (formerly UKvisas), the settlement interview has been either removed or substantially downgraded in the decision-making process in favor of more objective metrics. Some applicants, however, are called forward for an interview.

probably just a random interview nothing to worry about, just take your time, and remember basics facts

questions you could be asked ...

1. Did I fill in the form myself?
    2. Were all answers given correct?
    3. How was I feeling at that moment?
    4. Anymore docs to be submitted?
    5. Why did I want to go to UK?
    6. What's your spouse's full name?
    7. How did we get to know each other?
    8. When did we first know each other?
    9. Did we meet and when?
    11. How did we become a couple?
    12. Did we meet again after that and when?
    13. When was last I met my spouse?
    15. How many siblings does my spouse have?
    17. What's the future plan in UK?
    18. Where to live in UK?
    19. Where exactly - rented place, own place or parents' home?
    20. What does your spouse do?
    21. When did we get married?
    23. Anything else or any compassionate reasons I want to add/give which the officer can use in his decision-making?

should take less than 30mins and probably give you an answer after the last question

Quote Originally Posted by trina View Post
    yes i'll be alright....
    thanks.... anyway why do you said that the ECO sometimes is intimidating and becomes nasty????

have you've been for an interview with your Visa before???

Unfortunately, yes had a bad experience with an ECO, I got my visit visa before with no interview then when I applied for spouse visa, he concentrated on my previous visit visa application and insinuated that I lied in that application by not mentioning about my bf in UK. It felt like Im being interrogated and accused of something I havent done. Worst than a job interview! However in the end he approved my spouse visa

In my opinion, the ECOs are not there to be nice to applicants. Filipinos got a bad reputation and making false claims just to make it in UK, so Im not surprise if we are treated that way. I feel sorry for those people who are in a genuine relationship and yet treated that way.

Just want to let people know not to expect to be treated nicely by ECOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    my wife and even my stepson had interviews, the ECO's treated them both very well, they are people doing a job, and my wife and stepson both got their visa's

if he didn't want to treat you nicely he could have refused your visa, which he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    Goodluck Sis Trina..I am very sure u can make it, I understand how u feel because I had the same experience with u before..

Just dont let stressed, nervous and panic come in u, I know u can make it..

I'll pray for u and again Goodluck..
    thanks sis kimmi....can you give me some advice......thanks in advance!!!
    Matt & Trina Leach

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    if he didn't want to treat you nicely he could have refused your visa, which he didn't
    Well he did shout at me several times and even called me a liar. He wants me to admit something that it wasnt true. It just wasnt my day Im just so glad that was over.

Trina, you'll be alright...hope you get a nice ECO

Under the operating guidelines issued in 2007 by the Visa Services Directorate (formerly UKvisas), the settlement interview has been either removed or substantially downgraded in the decision-making process in favor of more objective metrics. Some applicants, however, are called forward for an interview.

probably just a random interview nothing to worry about, just take your time, and remember basics facts

9. Did we meet and when?
    18. Where to live in UK?
    23. Anything else or any compassionate reasons I want to add/give which the officer can use in his decision-making?

should take less than 30mins and probably give you an answer after the last question
    thanks boss.... i think i can answer everything and prove everything as well... is just that i'm really scared what will be the outcome is.... are they going to tell me after the interview the result??or i have to wait a few more days???
    Matt & Trina Leach

I really need an advice for this...i'm going to go for an interview next wednesday 3 september... for my SPOUSE VISA...me and my husband are thinking of things why i have to go for that........I am very helpless and depressed...
    Even if i know I can handle this....is just that i am scared at the moment....
    Dont worry u will make it... Goodluck
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Well he did shout at me several times and even called me a liar. He wants me to admit something that it wasnt true. It just wasnt my day Im just so glad that was over.

Trina, you'll be alright...hope you get a nice ECO
    he must have had a bad day to

not good calling anyone a liar, just testing your reactions, remember some people do lie and use fake papers

they could tell you straight away or later, who knows, but i wish you luck

i don't think it's just the answer to the question there after, but i think how confident you are when you answer and your body language,,

boss
    is your wife and step son got there visa soon after the interview???
    Matt & Trina Leach

Respected Member
    hello trina im frances fiancee nice to meet you ,i think it would be a good idea if you went to petes site he has written lots about interviews.this is a make or break time for you so you have to get it right,and dont forget stay calm it may be intimidating but don't take it porsonally .good luck. phillip

boss
    no, the wife didn't know for near 3 months (local checks ) !!! but stepson was told a day or so later, but you will probably be told straight away

hi philip....thanks for that.....nice to meet you too...
    Matt & Trina Leach

no, the wife didn't know for near 3 months (local checks ) !!! but stepson was told a day or so later, but you will probably be told straight away
    Thanks boss...

I am really hoping for a positive outcome....I really want to be with my husband...
    Matt & Trina Leach

hi trina, stay calm, go over your answers and read pete's site so you can prepare your self the possible questions the ECO might ask you.Do not let the interview make you stress,instead forget the worries,get enough rest,ask God's guidance and you'll gonna make it.Good luck! I pray for you.

Unfortunately, yes had a bad experience with an ECO, I got my visit visa before with no interview then when I applied for spouse visa, he concentrated on my previous visit visa application and insinuated that I lied in that application by not mentioning about my bf in UK. It felt like Im being interrogated and accused of something I havent done. Worst than a job interview! However in the end he approved my spouse visa

In my opinion, the ECOs are not there to be nice to applicants. Filipinos got a bad reputation and making false claims just to make it in UK, so Im not surprise if we are treated that way. I feel sorry for those people who are in a genuine relationship and yet treated that way.

hi geraldine sorry to hear your bad experienced with the ECO, i had an interviewed in my visit visa but it was very good actually.at that time many couples had failed their visa even their fiance and husband are there to support.

Hi vbkelly,

That is alright, its been 4yrs ago anyway. However everytime I hear about ECOs it makes me cringe...

I wasnt a member of any forums before so I have no idea hows the interview going to be like. I assume it was quick and easy until I sat infront of that ECO. I hope he was reassigned somewhere.

london well away from those people up norf
    thanks for that andypaul.....then why they want me to have an interview??? i know this is really a silly question....... I am really sure that we do have a genuine relationship...
    May simply be that every x amount of applications they ask them for an interview.
    Nothing with regards your application, annoying but part of life.

london well away from those people up norf

Without having been though the interview you may find that they find that way sucessful.

In Job interviews as you go up the change particularly when you will have to face a client often as part of your job.
    Job interviews will have either the interviewer or interviewers making it feel like an interrgation
    Its to see partly how you cope under pressure and also to see if your telling the truth.

As when your flustered its hard for most people to tell the truth.

Sadly as you say due to the many people who lie and cheat there way to visas, it makes life harder for the majority of law abiding honest applicants like your good self.

But do keep a mental note and even written note of any tatics or questions or comments which you think are not acceptable.
    As far as im aware the ECO's whille on Embassy grounds are supposed to follow British law not phill law.
    So if they made a sexist, racist etc comment they would have to explain themselves.

Banned

9. Did we meet and when?
    18. Where to live in UK?

Hhmmmm. Some of these questions was been asked during my interview. A very plain and simple questions. My interview only lasted for only 10 minutes.

boss
    .... got my VISA 5 minutes after my interview.

Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    Hhmmmm. Some of these questions was been asked during my interview. A very plain and simple questions. My interview only lasted for only 10 minutes.

.... got my VISA 5 minutes after my interview.
    really...well i hope it will be like that.....thanks so much.... when you did that interview????
    Matt & Trina Leach

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    May simply be that every x amount of applications they ask them for an interview.
    Nothing with regards your application, annoying but part of life.
    well I hope they just want to see me in person....

it will be fine i know....
    Matt & Trina Leach

thanks sis kimmi....can you give me some advice......thanks in advance!!!
    hi sis trina,

I am sure u will have ur visa after ur interview..Just arrive on time, and make sure all ur answers are consistent and with all honesty..

the ECO will try to ask u lots of questions to check ur honesty and ur relationship, if u really know and love ur husband..well I know there's no doubt about it and u can answer it 100%..right??

I'll pray for ur interview and ur visa will be one of my wish for my birthday..

Goodluck..

hi trina im sure everything will be cool. at least they have not refused your spouse visa, they just want to make sure everythings cool. i read on a site before that when they want interview thats good news. so be positive. can i ask what date you applied for your spouse visa, the date please. coz i applied 8 weeks ago and still waiting myself. take care and god bless. thanks grant from dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    hi sis trina,

I am sure u will have ur visa after ur interview..Just arrive on time, and make sure all ur answers are consistent and with all honesty..

the ECO will try to ask u lots of questions to check ur honesty and ur relationship, if u really know and love ur husband..well I know there's no doubt about it and u can answer it 100%..right??

I'll pray for ur interview and ur visa will be one of my wish for my birthday..

Goodluck..
    hi sis....yes i know i can answer the ECO's question with honesty and to the best of my knowledge... I'm just scared....for the outcome that's all

Thanks for including me on your birthday...thanks soooo much.... wish you a wonderful life ahead....happy birthday sis!!!!
    Matt & Trina Leach

Quote Originally Posted by grant View Post
    hi trina im sure everything will be cool. at least they have not refused your spouse visa, they just want to make sure everythings cool. i read on a site before that when they want interview thats good news. so be positive. can i ask what date you applied for your spouse visa, the date please. coz i applied 8 weeks ago and still waiting myself. take care and god bless. thanks grant from dundee.
    hi grant....
    I applied last 23 june...and i received the text from them last Tuesday past six evening.........Yes i hope that is a good news.... I just look at it as a luck because they didn't refuse my visa..... maybe yours will be next week....

so your from dundee....my father in law lives there....
    Matt & Trina Leach

Best of luck Trina.

Hi Trina, just be positive am pretty sure u can handle it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    Hi Trina, just be positive am pretty sure u can handle it. Good luck!
    thanks.... did you also experience the interview????
    Matt & Trina Leach

walang anuman! Fortunately i had no interview.

ahhh ok....thanks again sis......cute ng baby mo....
    Matt & Trina Leach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information