Thread: Processing time for student visa

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Processing time for student visa

Has anyone applied for a student visa lately? How long is the processing time? I'm worried cause its taking too long. Classes will be starting September 22. I applied last Aug 4.

Based on the vfs-uk-ph website, the processing timefor non-settlement visa (that includes student visa) is 30working days. Check http://vfs-uk-ph.com.

Taken from http://vfs-uk-ph.com/faqs.aspx:
    How long does it take?
    For non-settlement visa applications the visa section targets to process applications in 30 working days. This process results in one of 3 outcomes: issuance of visa, refusal of visa, or interview. If you require an interview, the embassy aims to be able to provide an appointment within 15 working days.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

from 15 working days it was adjusted to 20 working days. and now 30 working days
    just be patient, this period is the peak season so get your self busy while waiting. enjoy your stay before coming here coz its a lot different

30 days? I'm really worried. What happens if my visa is still not released by September 22 which is the start date of the program? Will I no longer be granted entry because of that?

not sure about that, just pray the visa will arrive asap. and i read somewhere else that they will not issue student visa not more than 3 months in advance prior to the start of the class. so prepare yourself if they will decide to grant your visa for the next semester/trimeser. just a maybe

Quote Originally Posted by maion26 View Post
    30 days? I'm really worried. What happens if my visa is still not released by September 22 which is the start date of the program? Will I no longer be granted entry because of that?
    When did you lodge your application?
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    When did you lodge your application?
    I applied last August 4. It was 20 working days then. They changed it to 30 working days last August 12. I pray that it will arrive soon. 30th working day is September 16. I hope it won't take longer than that.

got question about applying student visa. what should i do first? apply in a university or apply for visa. Because from what i've read, the british embassy is requiring for a proof that I am already accepted in a university. But the university is also asking for the visa. what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by ballistix View Post
    got question about applying student visa. what should i do first? apply in a university or apply for visa. Because from what i've read, the british embassy is requiring for a proof that I am already accepted in a university. But the university is also asking for the visa. what should i do?
    You have to apply first to a University then if accepted proceed to apply for a student visa. Application for admission in a Uni also takes time so I suggest you apply months in advance.

enroll yourself in a recognized college or university in uk before getting a visa.
    you have to pay tuition fee either full or installment and wait for the Certificate of Enrollment from the school coz that's one requirement before getting a visa.

for further guidelines search "VFS manila" or "UK embassy" (sorry im too lazy to post it for you) they have all the needed info for student visa.

finally got my student visa last September 8. Thank God.

Now my question is, do I need a return flight if my visa will be ending Jan 2010?

Now my question is, do I need a return flight if my visa will be ending Jan 2010?
    Congratulations!!! Your visa just arrived on time. Have a safe flight to UK.
    Mench

Nope.

congrats to you!

btw, where did you enroll?

Congratulations !!!...

wow congrats!!!..
    ..there is one way to true and lasting peace....THAT WAY IS GOD'S WILL

thanks for the reply. im just about to apply this week in a uni. does anyone here applied for ATAS? how long is the processing time? im worried, i hope i can apply for visa before october ends so that i can go in UK before the class starts on january 2009?

Banned

Required documents for tourist visa

It takes long time to go through the process. Taking into consideration that they can spend a month or two with your application and then they will come with the answer “saying you don't have sufficient materials”, then you have to do it all over again. Many students whom I come across buy their tickets in advance, or wait until the last minute to file for a visa, and they will usually end up missing their flight or not being able to go altogether. Agencies are best way out.

If you have enough time and patience then you can go on your own on preparing supporting documents and processing visas through embassy. Because it will be a hectic process and will end up in making often to and fro trips. With there experience agencies can guide us through and time consuming also.

12 month multi entry tourist visa are all critical and complicated one and I would recommend you to seek a help of agencies.

hi everyone, i need a advice again regarding the student visa.

I'm in a hurry right now, My class will start on 6 January 2009.
    Probably, I can pass my application for visa next week.
    Do you think they will accept my application if I put in the date I you want to travel to the UK on December 29 or any date before January 6?

this is so hard. i only have small time and there are a lot of holiday in december.

Thread Information