Thread: Fiancee visa - Meetings.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Fiancee visa - Meetings.

Hi,

I am applying for a fiancee visa for my gf. We have met, but I have never been to the Philippines. We have met in Hong Kong, where she was on vacation, and we met. And we also met in Malaysia, when I paid for us to go on vacation one year later.

Is it a problem we didn't meet in the Philippines?

ohhh thats a good question
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

I read that the requirement is just that we met. I suppose that, as people travel so much now, there is always a chance that meetings take place in different places.

Would anyone recommend that we seek help from the Immigration Advisory Service? She also has a son, aged 5, and is annulled already (her husband filed the annulment).

I think one best evidence that you can prove that you have met is photos that 2 of you together. Then just explain to the cover letter that even you haven't been to the Philippines, you still met in abroad and send copies of the passport that have stamp on the places you been meeting.

Hi!

I dont think it will be a problem if you have met somewhere else as long as you got some pix or bookings to prove it. But it will be nice if you visit the Philippines of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Hi,

I am applying for a fiancee visa for my gf. We have met, but I have never been to the Philippines. We have met in Hong Kong, where she was on vacation, and we met. And we also met in Malaysia, when I paid for us to go on vacation one year later.

Is it a problem we didn't meet in the Philippines?
    Hi Steve,

Visa aside, I really think that you should go to the Philippines and meet her family, relatives, friends etc. At least once! This is not to do with VISA, but to be sure that you are making the right decision and to make sure that there are no hidden secrets.

For VISA, evidence that you have met is sufficient. This is for the embassy mainly to ensure that its not an arranged/force/convenience marriage.

Best Wishes,

what you are asked to provide is Evidence that the applicant and you have met. This would include evidence of travel, such as passport stamps and ticket receipts. Photographs together and correspondence showing the relationship is ongoing and current.

as for the 5yr old child, does the child have contact with the father still ?, your g/f needs evidence to show she has 'sole responsibility’ for the child, eg form of a sole custody document, or a notarized statement from the other parent giving approval of the child leaving the phils.

http://www.iasuk.org/C2B/document_tr...ID=398&CatID=1

Thanks for the help. My g/f has a note saying she has sole responsibility of her son, it was granted at the same time as the annulment. I can't go into the details of the annulment.

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post
    Hi Steve,

Visa aside, I really think that you should go to the Philippines and meet her family, relatives, friends etc. At least once! This is not to do with VISA, but to be sure that you are making the right decision and to make sure that there are no hidden secrets.

For VISA, evidence that you have met is sufficient. This is for the embassy mainly to ensure that its not an arranged/force/convenience marriage.

Best Wishes,
    Wise words.

From experiences many of us have heard its a good idea to have seen where your mahal is from unless she has left for good.
    if you see how the family is in phill it gives you a good idea of what your marrying into.
    Having met many of my Wifes family it has given me a greater insight to who she is and is likely to be for the rest of her life.

Im sure you should satisfy requirments.

Thread Information