Thread: The next step ILR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    hi rob n elsa why a bit different 2years after,suppose to be you need to apply a month before the visa expiry thats what the home office adviced us. bcoz i was applied last year
    Ok, I was told by IND that the actual expiry date of the Spouse Visa would be 2 years from date of entry into the UK, not necessarily the visa expiry date as I had thought. We did discuss this before on the forum, but I cant find the thread.

I called IND in Croydon and Birmingham and they confirmed, you need to apply within 28 days BEFORE your visa expires, not a month.

yes from what ive read sounds your right, if your visa expires end of feb, but your wife needs to be actually in the UK 2 yrs (well 23 months) before you can apply for ILR, but you can send the application within 28 days of her being 2 yrs in the UK, meaning mid feb, then she will not be breaching her visa. from what i gathered from the IND website, as long as they have your application before your visa expires, your visa is still valid until they make a decsion, even if your visa has expired while they are deciding.(your wife arrived 2wks after visa was issued)

my case is different, visa was issued mid march 2005, my wife didnt arrive in UK until ealry may, so her 2 yr visa runs out mid march this year, so she will have only been in the uk for 22 months when the visa expires, not 2 years (23 months) !!, so i need and have applied for FLR which should be granted until my wife has been here for 2 yrs, so i can apply for ILR 28 days before shes been here 2 yrs, a bit of an expensive mistake on my part.. (my wife arrived 7wks after visa was issued)

in simple terms. if you arrive in the UK more than 28 days after the visa was issued ( NOT WHEN YOU ARRIVED IN THE UK) you need to apply for FLR to extend your visa until you been here 2yrs (23 months).

ROB!! has you booked you wife for the "living in the uk " test, dont you need to do that before they will give you ILR ????
    iam booking my wife in march to do it, before they expand the chapters you need to read.

good luck with the visa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

ROB!! has you booked you wife for the "living in the uk " test, dont you need to do that before they will give you ILR ????
    iam booking my wife in march to do it, before they expand the chapters you need to read.

good luck with the visa
    The Life in the UK Test doesn't kick in till April 1st, so Elsa will escape that by 2 weeks.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Banned
    The application for ILR is on its way tomorrow morning, along with £335 Should be easy - we haven't any little Robs or Elsas (yet!) nor have we moved in the last 2 years, and we certainly haven't been involved in or comissioned any acts of terrorism against humanity, nor have we been financing a terrorist group (Plaid Cymru doesn't count isn't it)

Oh joy, next year it will be another £500 for naturalization . Ker-ching!

Rob,

I've still not heard anything for our app for FLR which i posted on the 24th of jan, looking at the IND web site they are processing Jan's app, so i think there is a backlog of 4-5 wks.

Iam hoping to have an answer this week or next week, and then apply for ILR start of april.

more money

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    The application for ILR is on its way tomorrow morning, along with £335 Should be easy - we haven't any little Robs or Elsas (yet!) nor have we moved in the last 2 years, and we certainly haven't been involved in or comissioned any acts of terrorism against humanity, nor have we been financing a terrorist group (Plaid Cymru doesn't count isn't it)

Oh joy, next year it will be another £500 for naturalization . Ker-ching!
    Good luck Elsa and Rob im sure your have no problems

Rob,

got my FLR today, until the 10th of may, stupid and waste of time and money, but thats the law

so on the 10 of April, i'll be applying for ILR, but this time it be harder, as my stepson has just turned 18, and thats an extra £335 i need to pay for him and i'll be using the post again, and save £330 !!

so i applied for FLR on the 24th of jan, got the papers back on the 21st of Feb.

saved £165 by using post instead of £500 EXPRESS FEE ! , soon there will be express roads with a toll, and the rich will have them for themselfs while us joebloggs have to use public transport

oh and another moan, my wife took her driving test yesterday, and failed because she was driving too slow ! she was doing 25mph in a 30 !!! becuase a queue of cars were building up behind her, the gov tell you reduce speed, speed kills, and next you fail for not driving to the limit !! its a test !!! what they want you to do be dead on 30pmh !! ? , i bet if she drove 35mph she be breaking the law, and fail for going too fast,,,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Rob,

got my FLR today, until the 10th of may, stupid and waste of time and money, but thats the law

so on the 10 of April, i'll be applying for ILR, but this time it be harder, as my stepson has just turned 18, and thats an extra £335 i need to pay for him and i'll be using the post again, and save £330 !!

so i applied for FLR on the 24th of jan, got the papers back on the 21st of Feb.

saved £165 by using post instead of £500 EXPRESS FEE ! , soon there will be express roads with a toll, and the rich will have them for themselfs while us joebloggs have to use public transport

oh and another moan, my wife took her driving test yesterday, and failed because she was driving too slow ! she was doing 25mph in a 30 !!! becuase a queue of cars were building up behind her, the gov tell you reduce speed, speed kills, and next you fail for not driving to the limit !! its a test !!! what they want you to do be dead on 30pmh !! ? , i bet if she drove 35mph she be breaking the law, and fail for going too fast,,,

Good news that the FLR has come through - how much does FLR cost? Not £335 surely?

Elsa is learning to drive at the moment , I did let her loose in my car for practise, never again Poor little Corsa nearly ended up on next doors immaculate front lawn

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Ok, I was told by IND that the actual expiry date of the Spouse Visa would be 2 years from date of entry into the UK, not necessarily the visa expiry date as I had thought. We did discuss this before on the forum, but I cant find the thread.

I called IND in Croydon and Birmingham and they confirmed, you need to apply within 28 days BEFORE your visa expires, not a month.
    yes you right bcoz i was remember they depend what date im arrived in UK,anyway my schedule of British citizenship UK test is this coming february 19 cheer

Thread Information