Thread: AJ Global a.k.a. Far east express remittance

Unhappy AJ Global a.k.a. Far east express remittance

Hello! I just would like to share how bad I felt using this remittance center to send money to the Philippines. I send the money last week of august and I was told that it will take 7-8 working days to get the money credited to the Philippines bank account, after the said days I tried to follow up the money but I was told that they couldn’t verify my remittance status due to system error, what so upsetting was that it entails so much hard work for me to be able to raise each and every penny just to keep and sustain the need of my family back home, and having this problem is the very least that I expect from my kababayan, not to mention how hard (extremely hard) to get thru their call center agent, I tried ringing their London office but my calls are just rejected.
    I just wonder what should I do next, it’s been almost 3 weeks since I transferred the money. All I can do for now is hope and pray that everything would turn out well. Thanks for taking your time to read my post.

Not much help for the missing remittance, but by far the best way to get money to Phils (IMHO) is through use of a Global Filipino Money Card (GFMC) at PNB. Search for other threads to find more details.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ana23 View Post
    Hello! I just would like to share how bad I felt using this remittance center to send money to the Philippines. I send the money last week of august and I was told that it will take 7-8 working days to get the money credited to the Philippines bank account, after the said days I tried to follow up the money but I was told that they couldn’t verify my remittance status due to system error, what so upsetting was that it entails so much hard work for me to be able to raise each and every penny just to keep and sustain the need of my family back home, and having this problem is the very least that I expect from my kababayan, not to mention how hard (extremely hard) to get thru their call center agent, I tried ringing their London office but my calls are just rejected.
    I just wonder what should I do next, it’s been almost 3 weeks since I transferred the money. All I can do for now is hope and pray that everything would turn out well. Thanks for taking your time to read my post.
    Sorry to hear this tale of woe.

If and when they do or don't complete the transaction it might be worth taking Small Claims Court action against them. Also are they overseeen by some regulatory body eg FSA ?

They sound like a very dodgy outfit.

Banned
    I keep stressing the point that the old and trusty
    www.xoom.com is better and more reliable than many other remittance services.
    It may not be cheaper, but it is getting faster with the bank deposits or cash deliveries.

We sent some money on tuesday afternoon, and was deposited in the bank today, thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

If and when they do or don't complete the transaction it might be worth taking Small Claims Court action against them. Also are they overseeen by some regulatory body eg FSA ?

Thank you so much for your suggestion Dedworth...Do they (Small Claims Court) cater for individual transactions as well? anyway, i'll try to google it and find more info...but nonetheless, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    It may not be cheaper, but it is getting faster with the bank deposits or cash deliveries.

We sent some money on tuesday afternoon, and was deposited in the bank today, thursday.
    Thanks for the info...but I've never ever had any problem with the said remittance in the past and i'm not really sure what seems to be happening cos they can't give me a straight answer.Thanks for your concern,anyway.God bless.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Aj global

hi ana,
    I got the same problem with the said remittance group. It's been 3 weeks and several days already but my family didn't receive the money. I plan to go to there and talk to the owner .

Banned
    Thank you so much for your suggestion Dedworth...Do they (Small Claims Court) cater for individual transactions as well? anyway, i'll try to google it and find more info...but nonetheless, thank you very much.

Have a look here this might help

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...all_claims.htm

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...aims/index.htm

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

as far as I'm aware you can do it if the claim is £5000 or less. I took on Homebase for £450 over non delivery of a furniture part and won

Quote Originally Posted by jlore View Post
    hi ana,
    I got the same problem with the said remittance group. It's been 3 weeks and several days already but my family didn't receive the money. I plan to go to there and talk to the owner .
    where you from? i'm from east sussex. i'm planning to go there as well, but due to work constraints i need to plan it. when are you planning to go there?
    lemme know and lets join force.

Have a look here this might help

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...all_claims.htm

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...aims/index.htm

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

as far as I'm aware you can do it if the claim is £5000 or less. I took on Homebase for £450 over non delivery of a furniture part and won
    thank you so much. i'll see what my card insurance can do as well. God speed!

london well away from those people up norf

I belive remittance companies are basically unregulated. The FSA dont get involved in indivuals cases i am also led to belive. but if enough people complained...

There was talk of reulating remittance firms but i have not heard anything for a few years on the matter.

Surprsing as it would be a decent vote winner for any party who took it on imo. I doubt it would lose them any votes anyway.

There is also the issue of which law deals with the transfer at each part of the transfer i guess?

Banned
    where you from? i'm from east sussex. i'm planning to go there as well, but due to work constraints i need to plan it. when are you planning to go there?
    lemme know and lets join force.

Take a baseball bat

this does not look good

http://www.balitapinoy.net/print_thi...&sdetail=15341

if andy is right, and remittance companies are unregulated, what happens if they do go bust, what are the chances of you seeing your money again ?

another reason why i use a bank like PNB Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

I also used Xoom in the very early days of my relationship with my wife and I never had any complaints really as they lived up to their promises completely. But having said that, remittance companies in general are just really expensive compared to remittances sent through banks in general and like JoeBloggs and several others on here, even with all their faults, I prefer PNB. Their exchange rates always seem to be about the best around and the money is always in my recipients account the following day.

Iain.

hi ana,
    i don't have a problem sending money in the philippines with cbn london ltdsince i've been here in uk and a good rates aswell
    all things are possible!

AJ global

hi ana,
    it's not only us who's got problem with them,my friend went there but the office is already close. if you want to check this site eOFWInformation on financial and communication services for Overseas Filipino Workers and their families

I use BPI Europe Plc, they never let me down. Only £5.00 transfer fee. www.bpieuropeplc.com

sorry but that company is no longer existing actually I met this lalaine Obando and family in person I didn't know that they have this remittance problem though that time they change their name to AJ Global services they venture into real estate thing now so they have this roadshow thing to encourage filipinos here to invest a property in the Phils...anyway, she is suffering now from her obsession of money

Quote Originally Posted by cheesewiz View Post
    sorry but that company is no longer existing actually I met this lalaine Obando and family in person I didn't know that they have this remittance problem though that time they change their name to AJ Global services they venture into real estate thing now so they have this roadshow thing to encourage filipinos here to invest a property in the Phils...anyway, she is suffering now from her obsession of money

what remittance problem did they tell you about ? £400,000+ problem ?

why are people risking their hard earned money sending it to small companies that can vanish in the night, start up again under another name, and you could never see your money again. don't take risks, use one of the regulated banks, minimise your risk..

i don't think many people bothered reading the link i posted..

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    what remittance problem did they tell you about ? £400,000+ problem ?

why are people risking their hard earned money sending it to small companies that can vanish in the night, start up again under another name, and you could never see your money again. don't take risks, use one of the regulated banks, minimise your risk..

i don't think many people bothered reading the link i posted..

actually a filipino shops in our area organized this road show late last year (robinsons land selling town house. condo etc) i went there and I met lalaine obando, his husband and his eldest son there but that time i have no idea that their remittance company is in big trouble but im a bit puzzle why suddenly their company called AJ Global services and a friend of mine read the article in balita pinoy about the case (actually some of my friends had that problems as well that it took 3 weeks before their family got the money) so after that I don't send money thru them anymore right now I am using metro remittance a subsidiary of metrobank in phils.

hi ana,
    it's not only us who's got problem with them,my friend went there but the office is already close. if you want to check this site eOFWInformation on financial and communication services for Overseas Filipino Workers and their families
    what site was that again? does it mean that we've now lost it?

aj global services

hi Ana,
    sorry I haven't answered ur query immediately. just type http://eofw.net/how-tos/how-to-send-...e-philippines/
    talk to you soon ...

Thread Information