Thread: Certificate????

Certificate????

hey guys, can yuo offer some advice,

me and my fiance are in the process of putting together all the relevant paperwork for the fiance visa, we have come across many things on this forum and we need you to clear something up.

We have read about a certificate of no impediment to marriage, what is this and do i need one?

and as for my financial capability, i Have an overdraft of £1700 and no savings, but with no requirement to pay it off soon, i can attach a copy of the terms and conditions, I have started a new job in june and can show extra income of £500 a month from august till we apply in december, so i will have £2000 in the bank at the time of application, will this be enough to show she wont need access to public funds.

Also can people give indication as to how long the processing time has been, we know officially its 3 months but lots of people say quicker.

Were desperate to get the application right so any advice or guidance would be grateful. every other section of the application is solid so its just the financial capability.

Many thanks

AJS

Banned
    Certificate of no impediment to marriage,yes u gonna apply that to your local civil reg.and u have to wait for 15days for the result,but don't get it now as u planned to file it on Dec. cause u just waste the fee as it is only valid for 3 mos and if its expired the embassy wont accept it ,
    As for your financial status it is VERY IMPORTANT that u don't have negative statement,cause it shows that u can support your fiance w/ no recourse to public funds,that was the most important your savings,
    Hope it helps to enlighten some of your doubt,but just hang on to the forum cause later expect a loads of reply from friendly members here

Good luck AJS

December is one of the less busy months for visa apps, i would have thought you should know within 4wks or maybe 6wks at the most.

if you want to minimize your risks of refusal, then get a loan or use your credit card, pay off your over draft and have a few £,000s in the bank until dec. then once you've applied for your visa, pay the CC off.

but you don't want to show the bank statement showing any money from your CC going in your bank, looks dodgy.. so you would need to wait at least 6 months

well maybe you could live partly off your credit card for the next few months, and leave as much of your wages in the bank as possible, so over next couple of months your bank statements will look a lot healthier, and hopefully show a couple of £,000s in savings , then again once you've applied, pay the CC off.and mention in your letter of support why your earlier statements showed an overdraft, eg trips to see your g/f, hols or what ever

is it an automatic overdraft ? you have no plans to pay it off b4 dec ?

thanks for ur advice, my fiancee can show savings of £10,000 with her statements, should this cover any issues or does it need to be my bank account?

AJS

you can include evidence of applicant's or sponsor's savings - but you will need to provide evidence.

better if it's in your bank thou, as your the one sponsoring her

ive done some calculations and by the time we apply i can move into a psitive statement, but with no savings, so if i explain we have used my money for trips etc and we intend to use ehr money for savings and emergency funds so she would never need to access public funds, u think thats enough?

or maybe its worth looking at marrying there and applying for a spousal visa.

AJS

the thing with a fiancée visa is, she will not be able to work for upto 6 months (until she has FLR), so if you have no savings and an over draft, they could say how can you support her and pay for a wedding etc? (but the main thing is you do have a full time job)

but many people have took the risk of applying with an over draft or no savings, and got the visa, even some people have managed to be on job seekers allowance with no savings and got a visa, but also people have been refused.

marrying in the phils is cheaper, she can work straight away

but minimise your risk of refusal as much as possible by no overdraft and have some savings,if you don't your taking a small risk having a overdraft or no savings, but with both that risk is greater, wether it would get a refusal, that could well be up to the case worker

Quote Originally Posted by AJS View Post
    ive done some calculations and by the time we apply i can move into a psitive statement, but with no savings, so if i explain we have used my money for trips etc and we intend to use ehr money for savings and emergency funds so she would never need to access public funds, u think thats enough?

or maybe its worth looking at marrying there and applying for a spousal visa.

AJS
    it could be enough, it depends on the discretion of the case worker, the better your finances are, the better chance of getting the visa

thanks for the good advice, were planning on getting married in june so we might apply for the visa in jan, by then my overdraft will have cleared and i can show about £1000 savings, so that should reduce the risk of failure.

AJS

Banned
    thanks for the good advice, were planning on getting married in june so we might apply for the visa in jan, by then my overdraft will have cleared and i can show about £1000 savings, so that should reduce the risk of failure.

AJS
    June 2009? now is Sept 2008,so u mean u gonna apply your visa on January 2010

We have read about a certificate of no impediment to marriage, what is this and do i need one?
    If I understand correctly, you don't need a CNI.

You're applying for a fiancee visa, so planning to marry in UK? You ask about a CNI for you? This is a document which shows that a British citizen is free to marry abroad.

What you may well need is a CENOMAR for your fiancee (issued in the Philippines).

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

if you want to minimize your risks of refusal, then get a loan or use your credit card, pay off your over draft and have a few £,000s in the bank until dec. then once you've applied for your visa, pay the CC off.

well maybe you could live partly off your credit card for the next few months, and leave as much of your wages in the bank as possible, so over next couple of months your bank statements will look a lot healthier, and hopefully show a couple of £,000s in savings , then again once you've applied, pay the CC off.and mention in your letter of support why your earlier statements showed an overdraft, eg trips to see your g/f, hols or what ever
    when we applied for the fiancee visa in 2007. the advise on the forum was to have a few thousand pound in the bank and a regular income every month to show that you can support your partner when they arrive in the uk, without the need for recourse to public funds.

as we are all aware the cost of living in the UK has dramatically risen this year, cost of food, gas, electricity, petrol etc.

question
    has the amount that the ECO would like to see in the bank increased proportionally to the rate of inflation ?

surely the amounts must go up if the sponsor is to support the spouse, if the goverment figures of inflation is just under 5% (i think inflation is much higher)

Quote Originally Posted by 5olidsnake View Post
    when we applied for the fiancee visa in 2007. the advise on the forum was to have a few thousand pound in the bank and a regular income every month to show that you can support your partner when they arrive in the uk, without the need for recourse to public funds.

as we are all aware the cost of living in the UK has dramatically risen this year, cost of food, gas, electricity, petrol etc.

question
    has the amount that the ECO would like to see in the bank increased proportionally to the rate of inflation ?

surely the amounts must go up if the sponsor is to support the spouse, if the goverment figures of inflation is just under 5% (i think inflation is much higher)
    there is no set figure that you need, the only thing we do know is that in some AIT cases, the figure of what you would get in unemployment benefit has been mentioned as a minimum. (£60.50 a week).

so if you have no savings but £240 a month spare of your wages, you should be ok, then if you have none of your wages left but a few £k in savings, then that should last a year, so you should be ok.

like a said b4 some people have managed to get a visa while having nothing and on benefits, granted many have also been refused, so sometimes its seems to be at the discretion of the case worker.

but, why on here we say have a job and some savings is, because, most if not all on here, who had that, got their visa. maybe a couple haven't but for other reasons. so to minimise your risk make your app look as good as possible.

and remember on a fiancée visa, your g/f can not work until she has FLR, but you was allowed 3rd party financial support, but i think that's not allowed now, so that's a reason why you should have savings.

Thanks guys,

hope you help works

Thread Information