Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sponsored family visit visa Refused

Unhappy Sponsored family visit visa Refused

5 weeks of waiting!

My wife's sister visa was refused (last week). I was hoping that she could be here to visit her pregnant sister and stay until the baby is born in Dec.

The reasons by the ECO in writing were:

- not employed
    - have any income of your own
    - have any assets, such as property
    - have any savings
    - have any career prospects to return to
    - have any studies to return to

Being a sponsor does not really help.

She is submitting an appeal tomorrow with additional supporting documents as requested.
    Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Sorry to hear about that benb. But don't lose hope. Maybe the appeal would be favorable. Keep us posted....
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post
    5 weeks of waiting!

- not employed
    - have any savings
    looks like everything but the kitchen sink

i'm not surprised when i read on other forums and watch the sky program 'uk border force' becuase so many come here on a STudent and Visitor visa and never go back . making it harder for those with a genuine reason to come to the UK

good luck

Your sister in law has still a chance benb, keep hoping !

dont lose hope..good luck...
    ..there is one way to true and lasting peace....THAT WAY IS GOD'S WILL

when did ur sis in law submit her application benb?...thanks
    ..there is one way to true and lasting peace....THAT WAY IS GOD'S WILL

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    Sorry to hear about that benb. But don't lose hope. Maybe the appeal would be favorable. Keep us posted....
    Thanks Mechkin.

Quote Originally Posted by fhara View Post
    when did ur sis in law submit her application benb?...thanks
    Applied first week of August!!! Only got the result last week!

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    looks like everything but the kitchen sink

i'm not surprised when i read on other forums and watch the sky program 'uk border force' becuase so many come here on a STudent and Visitor visa and never go back . making it harder for those with a genuine reason to come to the UK

good luck
    I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    Your sister in law has still a chance benb, keep hoping !
    Thanks Pat.

Banned

- not employed
    - have any savings

Cheers
    I am sorry to hear about the refusal, but you must admit that to the ECO it must have looked rather suspicious.

Last week at the Newbury Show in Berkshire I met one of these monsters, on leave from some kind of never heard of country, (didn't buy any wine off me the ), and during the conversation I was told about the pressure they are under trying to sort out the backlog of applications.

I wish you all the best of luck in your appeal, I am sure that the extra documentation will do the trick.

Dom

Sorry to haer about that BenB. I also want my mother-in-law to come over but I guess it will be the same situation, although I have heard of some that were able to come over in spite of those things. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be consistent.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Respected Member
    sorry benb wish you all the best on your appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Sorry to haer about that BenB. I also want my mother-in-law to come over but I guess it will be the same situation, although I have heard of some that were able to come over in spite of those things. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be consistent.
    It might be easier for parents as they have family to return to.
    My sis-in-law has put together a new set of evidence and justification for the appeal and hopefully it will help. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    I am sorry to hear about the refusal, but you must admit that to the ECO it must have looked rather suspicious.

Last week at the Newbury Show in Berkshire I met one of these monsters, on leave from some kind of never heard of country, (didn't buy any wine off me the ), and during the conversation I was told about the pressure they are under trying to sort out the backlog of applications.

I wish you all the best of luck in your appeal, I am sure that the extra documentation will do the trick.

Dom
    Quote Originally Posted by demlyn888 View Post
    sorry benb wish you all the best on your appeal
    Thanks Guys.

- not employed
    - have any savings
    Well, Ruby had none of these either, but she was granted a visitor visa last year.

The only thing in her favour was that she had been out of the Philippines before. Oh, and she had me to sponsor her!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Oh, and she had me to sponsor her!
    Ok, everyone.......

Now you know who to ask for sponsorhip......

Sorry to hear that, I hope she wins her appeal. We will have a similar situation early next year as want to bring Ligaya's mum over. She has ony just got her passport recently, has no real savings and just a small farm as assets. At 68 she has no work or studies to return to and the family are grown up. Hmmmmm, I wonder if there is any chance for her. I suppose we could open a peso saving account in her name and transfer a million or so to support the application but I am still worried they might reject her application
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    Sorry to hear that, I hope she wins her appeal. We will have a similar situation early next year as want to bring Ligaya's mum over. She has ony just got her passport recently, has no real savings and just a small farm as assets. At 68 she has no work or studies to return to and the family are grown up. Hmmmmm, I wonder if there is any chance for her. I suppose we could open a peso saving account in her name and transfer a million or so to support the application but I am still worried they might reject her application
    A local travel agent who deals with visa told us that the applicant would need at least £5000.00 in savings as evidence.

Best Wishes,

Well, Ruby had none of these either, but she was granted a visitor visa last year.

The only thing in her favour was that she had been out of the Philippines before. Oh, and she had me to sponsor her!
    As far as I know its much harder now compared to last year.

Grrrrr overstayers!

I'm sorry to hear this, it just dosen't seem fair.
    I've been wondering recently, whether to apply for a visitor visa for my gf.
    I know the odds are stacked against, but I'd love her to get a feel for the UK.

Hope the appeal goes in your favour.

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    A local travel agent who deals with visa told us that the applicant would need at least £5000.00 in savings as evidence.

Best Wishes,
    we never had to show them that my mum or my sister has £5k, we have not been refused a visa yet, my sister who is not employed and has no money either has already been here 4 times. all they ever wanted was to know that we are financially able to look after them while they are staying with us and that if ever they got sick we can pay half of the medical cost. but when my mum got sick here we found out that we did not have to pay as she was entitled to free healthcare as a visiting relative.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    and that if ever they got sick we can pay half of the medical cost. but when my mum got sick here we found out that we did not have to pay as she was entitled to free healthcare as a visiting relative.
    no such thing as free healthcare as a visiting relative

'anyone who comes to the UK on holiday or for a short term visit will have to pay for any NHS hospital treatment they may need while they are here, unless they meet the criteria for one of the exemptions from charges. This includes people coming to visit relatives who are ordinarily resident in the UK. Their entitlement to free treatment does not extend to you, even if you are going to be staying with them for several weeks or months. If you think you will have to pay for treatment, you are strongly advised to take out health insurance before you travel.'

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/E...able/DH_074387

they should definitely have good health insurance if any family or friends visit you.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    no such thing as free healthcare as a visiting relative

'anyone who comes to the UK on holiday or for a short term visit will have to pay for any NHS hospital treatment they may need while they are here, unless they meet the criteria for one of the exemptions from charges. This includes people coming to visit relatives who are ordinarily resident in the UK. Their entitlement to free treatment does not extend to you, even if you are going to be staying with them for several weeks or months. If you think you will have to pay for treatment, you are strongly advised to take out health insurance before you travel.'

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/E...able/DH_074387

they should definitely have good health insurance if any family or friends visit you.
    my mum was diagnosed with diabetes here in the uk, she collapsed at home and was rushed to hospital, we didnt have a pay a penny, that was only 2 years ago
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    I'm sorry to hear this, it just dosen't seem fair.
    I've been wondering recently, whether to apply for a visitor visa for my gf.
    I know the odds are stacked against, but I'd love her to get a feel for the UK.

Hope the appeal goes in your favour.

Thanks Sim, the appeal has been submitted. Another wait begins!...

Banned
    Good luck Benb ,may u have it this time ,finger crossed

Quote Originally Posted by jedc143 View Post
    Good luck Benb ,may u have it this time ,finger crossed
    Thanks jedc. The appeal would probably take weeks and if it all goes well, she can be here to help us with the new baby.

hi,

goodluck to your appeal, all the best.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    my mum was diagnosed with diabetes here in the uk, she collapsed at home and was rushed to hospital, we didnt have a pay a penny, that was only 2 years ago
    I think that genuine emergency treatment is free of charge.

yeah i was surprised when they released her and we wanted to know how much we needed to pay and they said nothin, they were ever so good with my mum they even gave her a blood testing kit with strips and lots of medicine, and when she was about to travel home to the philippines her GP gave her a months free strips and medicine.

I live in a non-EU country and wish to visit the UK for a holiday – am I covered for free NHS healthcare during my visit.?

There is a strong possibility that you will have to pay for all medical costs whilst temporarily in the UK therefore we strongly recommend you arrange appropriate medical insurance.

Every potentially liable overseas visitor is interviewed by our Stage 2 Officer and a recommendation is then made as to whether the patient is liable for medical costs.

Is it true that emergency treatment is free?

Emergency healthcare is free to everyone ONLY in the Accident & Emergency department – if the patient then needs to attend an outpatient clinic or is admitted the Department of Health charging regulations then apply.

http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk/Dept.asp?ID=365

with many trusts short of money, i'm sure they will be chasing people for money more now than 2 years ago..

never travel without insurance, it doesn't cost much

Great news! Visit visa approved.

The judge finally has overturned the ECO's decision. He disagreed with every point the ECO made! I could not believe it. It took ages, and its useless now that she has applied for a spouse visa.

Anyway, its silly to go through this, as we the taxpayers probably spent a few thousands for a judge to go through this appeal.

Cheers

Respected Member
    5 weeks of waiting!

Being a sponsor does not really help.
    This is true when it comes to visitors visas and no matter how strongly the sponsor presents the case, the visa is ultimatly for the visitor. There is even a section on a website somewhere that says that a visa refusal is not because the sponsor's integrity is being questioned and it really is about wheather the visitor will return to the Philippines.

If she has no job, no savings, no assets at all, then the ECO is obliged to reject the Visa on the principle that the visitor has no reason to return. This is a very "assuming" process, but, it is based on ECO experience that there are visitors to the UK who don't return, and then remain illegally. The ECO therefore has to be VERY carefull.

I wish you success in your appeal,

Quote Originally Posted by Belmontboy View Post
    This is true when it comes to visitors visas and no matter how strongly the sponsor presents the case, the visa is ultimatly for the visitor. There is even a section on a website somewhere that says that a visa refusal is not because the sponsor's integrity is being questioned and it really is about wheather the visitor will return to the Philippines.

If she has no job, no savings, no assets at all, then the ECO is obliged to reject the Visa on the principle that the visitor has no reason to return. This is a very "assuming" process, but, it is based on ECO experience that there are visitors to the UK who don't return, and then remain illegally. The ECO therefore has to be VERY carefull.

I wish you success in your appeal,
    see my post 29. The judge has overturned the ECO's decision. she has no job or no savings no assets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information