Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Less than 24 hours!

Less than 24 hours!

After waiting 3 months for it, I collected my brand new car yesterday afternoon. It had only 5 miles on the clock.

Today, Pia and I were headed to IKEA and a lady crashed into the back of it. It now needs a few thousand pounds worth of repairs.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    After waiting 3 months for it, I collected my brand new car yesterday afternoon. It had only 5 miles on the clock.

Today, Pia and I were headed to IKEA and a lady crashed into the back of it. It now needs a few thousand pounds worth of repairs.
    Whooaaahhh! best of luck

that brand new show room shine must have dazzled her

my misses is obsessed with wanting a mini car, no way i can fit in it, maybe she don't want me to

Banned

A sense of humour may help here - If "God is able and faithful" maybe he/she/it can lend a hand there

A female friend of mine was waving to the salespeople as she left the showroom in the UK and the same thing happened, but her car was "a right off".

Sorry to read your bad news Piamed :-(

I sympathize you amigo, i know how u feel, when my Dad's car banged into a tricycle few months ago I can't imagine how he felt the tricycle driver was so reckless and driving without license gosh only in the Philippines but somehow my Dad manage to calm down coz after that incident nobody hurts..still thank God
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

At least you had a new car to be hit.....ordered a Mazda 5 SatNav back in July, and discovered the other day the dealer only put the order in last week and delivery is Feb 09 ........What the are they doing? You'd think they'd want the £22,000 sale in the present climate!

I've cancelled it now, I'll order a Nissan QashQai+2 SatNav next week, and hope those Geordies build faster!
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    QashQai+2
    What a funny name for a car Is it CashKey, KoshKi? Kwashkie? Somehow a Vauxhall Astra seems a bit dull in comparison.

At least you had a new car to be hit.....ordered a Mazda 5 SatNav back in July, and discovered the other day the dealer only put the order in last week and delivery is Feb 09 ........What the are they doing? You'd think they'd want the £22,000 sale in the present climate!

I've cancelled it now, I'll order a Nissan QashQai+2 SatNav next week, and hope those Geordies build faster!
    GEORDIES !!
    Nissan is in Snderland built by Mackems
    You southerners don't understand the difference between Geordies and Mackems
    hope all the pieces of your new car are in the correct place
    JOHN and VANESSA

Quote Originally Posted by telford View Post
    Whooaaahhh! best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    that brand new show room shine must have dazzled her

my misses is obsessed with wanting a mini car, no way i can fit in it, maybe she don't want me to
    Hahaha! Minis are so expensive. But they are nice cars.

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    A sense of humour may help here - If "God is able and faithful" maybe he/she/it can lend a hand there

A female friend of mine was waving to the salespeople as she left the showroom in the UK and the same thing happened, but her car was "a right off".

Sorry to read your bad news Piamed :-(
    I was certainly disappointed but was happy to know that the baby in the other car was ok. The husband and wife were both clearly very sorry and embarassed but c'est la vie. God has sorted it already, it will go in for repairs next week and I will have a replacement in the meantime.

I guess I am now one of the very elite group of people that have crashed their brand new cars within 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kukurokuk View Post
    I sympathize you amigo, i know how u feel, when my Dad's car banged into a tricycle few months ago I can't imagine how he felt the tricycle driver was so reckless and driving without license gosh only in the Philippines but somehow my Dad manage to calm down coz after that incident nobody hurts..still thank God
    It happens so often here that drivers dont have insurance. It's not so nice. The other car had smashed lights, etc. and I am sure that they do not have adequate insurance to get their own car fixed. The husband did not look to amused with the wife.

Wow! that's incredible. Maybe the dealer did not have a good enough credit ranking to place the order earlier given the current financial climate. That is really unacceptable though.

Mazda 5's are nice. I'm not sure I've seen the QashQai+2. I'll look it up. I got a 5 series sport but it's now almost the same size as the 3. Hey it's only a car, di ba? or N'est pa? or Ain't it?

Wow! that's incredible. Maybe the dealer did not have a good enough credit ranking to place the order earlier given the current financial climate. That is really unacceptable though.
    More to do with the production line, only running off T2's for the next few months
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    GEORDIES !!
    Nissan is in Snderland built by Mackems
    You southerners don't understand the difference between Geordies and Mackems hope all the pieces of your new car are in the correct place
    Bloody Nor'Easterners.....think Scouseland is in the South
    Keith - Administrator

Ahhhh ha that got a bite !!!

Just getting the point across that calling a Mackem a Geordie is like calling a Manc a Scouse

Sorry Keith nerves are sensitive here in Geordie (laughing stock land) at the moment
    JOHN and VANESSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    .....that calling a Mackem a Geordie is like calling a Manc a Scouse....
    Did you hear that JOE???? Dat's fightin' talk......
    Keith - Administrator

Did you hear that JOE???? Dat's fightin' talk......

i don't know what's worse, being called a southerner or a scouser

Banned

Sorry to hear about that.

The same happened to me a few years back, my car was only 3 weeks old.
    And after the repairs it never felt "right"...

use the lady car insurance to repair it
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

Yup, it never feels the same after the first prang. I'll put it in the garage on Tuesday hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    use the lady car insurance to repair it
    OO, she certainly will do. Gonna cost her plenty!

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

You couldn't go right must have made driving intresting.

Im glad Pia and your good self ok. Its only a car they can be replaced..

The lady is still alive?

There is a French expression: "Femme au volant, la mort au tournant" (if women are driving, death crash at next turn...)
    Best regards.
    Yves

I'd be more embarrassed about admitting on a public forum you go to Ikea
    Keith - Administrator

5 miles only!!!?!!

Did you loose your temper?

I would have gone crazy! A car is like a girlfriend to me.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post
    A car is like a girlfriend to me.

Cheers
    Expensive to run, and blows out a lot of hot air!!!
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    You couldn't go right must have made driving intresting.

Im glad Pia and your good self ok. Its only a car they can be replaced..
    YCheers mate. eah, you're right of course but it's such a shame to not be able to enjoy the car for at least one day before it ends up wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
    The lady is still alive?

There is a French expression: "Femme au volant, la mort au tournant" (if women are driving, death crash at next turn...)

I'd be more embarrassed about admitting on a public forum you go to Ikea
    Err!!! Hmmn!! Nothing wrong with IKEA! I recently had to admit during a telecon with my boss etc. that i cannot go to a meeting as i have booked tickets to take Pia to see Barry Mannilow Live in Concert. I can't seem to live that one down.

Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post
    5 miles only!!!?!!

Did you loose your temper?

I would have gone crazy! A car is like a girlfriend to me.

Cheers
    Only a baby, not even a day old. Actually, I was calm as at the end of the day it could have been worse. All parties were unscathed. I was just disappointed and after ensuring they were all OK I could be heard muttering the words, 'It's not even a day old' on a number of occasions.

Expensive to run, and blows out a lot of hot air!!!
    Ladies, I disassociate myself from that remark. I don't want to have to sleep with my eyes open

Bumper and skirting have been ordered and the car goes in on Wednesday hopefully and out Thursday. Actually, it's my fault, I was a little bit too proud of it perhaps

Got it back. As good as new!

Got it back. As good as new!
    Got the Mazda cancelled and ordered the Nissan Qashqai+2 today, should have it in 3 weeks.....I'll stay away from Ikea
    Keith - Administrator

Got the Mazda cancelled and ordered the Nissan Qashqai+2 today, should have it in 3 weeks.....I'll stay away from Ikea
    Excellent. Show us a pic of it when it arrives.

All shops are lethal for me at the moment. Pia sent me out to get her a black belt yesterday. I came back over 2 hours later with 4 large bags and the bank manager is not amused!

Banned

All shops are lethal for me at the moment. Pia sent me out to get her a black belt yesterday. I came back over 2 hours later with 4 large bags and the bank manager is not amused!

Still at the stage of trying to impress the mahal...... Huh...???

We all done it.....

Keep up the good work....

Go with cash only, fixed amount. Don't bring the cards.

I'm sure that she is worth it.

Post a picture of your car too, would like to see it.

Cheers

Respected Member
    I once picked up a new company car and had an accident within 15 mins of leaving the office!!! This one was my fault though, I ran into someone who stopped at a crossing and I didn't, I think I was distracted by some of the new toys on the dashboard. Some time later I was the manager and responsible for sourcing vehicles. A salesman ordered his new pride and joy, something he had been after for ages, in a specific colour and with all the "right" badges and go faster stripes. He was due to travel south from Yorkshire to collect it the following day so I parked it under the security light in the yard where it could be observed by the night staff. Unfortunately it was also right next to the waste skip which spontaneously combusted during the night, having previously had some dodgy chemicals disposed of into it, which were not intended to be mixed. The car was a total write off and my phone call the next morning more than a little embarressing.

I used to work as a panel beater in the motor trade many many years ago and one of the firms I worked for used to do lots of work for a Volvo main dealership which was located about half a mile away. I used to do most of the accident damage estimates and one day I got a call from the Volvo dealership to come and give them estimates on three cars, one of which was a Volvo 360GLS which they thought was probably a write off.

After I got there, had had a quick look and confirmed their opinion that it was in fact a write off, the manager of the dealership told me what had happened. It seems the lady ower of the car had come to collect her brand new car and when attempting to turn right on to the main road from the garage forecourt, had managed to get herself hit, not once, but twice, first from the left and then from the right by the two other cars I had come to give estimates for.
    Iain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information