Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laptop Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Vista is fantastic, faster & much more secure. People who have problems with usually blame MS, when the problem is with 3rd party drivers they never bothered to update. You won't have any problems on a new system.

Ohhh OK BOSS thanks for the TIPS....

Banned
    DVD-Writer.....AT LEAST 2GB's of RAM as most come with Vista now, and anything less slows it right down.....Try and get a Dual Core.
    Yup, the lappie got all that.....

Quote Originally Posted by amyburple View Post
    What will i do in the plane If I will travel from here to there one day..It's too boring ayt, I do have my ipod hehehhe..
    Get yourself a Nintendo DS and a couple or three good games. My Nintendo Gameboy travelled with me all over the world.
    Besides the choice of entertaiment on board is very good. ie music, movies, comedy, games...etc.

Vista is fantastic, faster & much more secure. People who have problems with usually blame MS, when the problem is with 3rd party drivers they never bothered to update. You won't have any problems on a new system.
    Yes, after experiencing Vista Premium on the new laptop I fully agree.
    I am waiting for the price to go down, before buying it for the home Pc.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

Get yourself a Nintendo DS and a couple or three good games. My Nintendo Game boy traveled with me all over the world.
    Besides the choice of entertainment on board is very good. ie music, movies, comedy, games...etc.
    Nintendo like PSP

Banned
    Nintendo like PSP
    2 different brands....
    Attached Images Attached Images

MS products don't go down in price! Get the OEM version from Ebuyer.
    Keith - Administrator

2 different brands....
    ummmm ok.. I got it^^ Hmmm I might buy to coz my hubby is really insisting my to buy lappies when I get there.. because he said the prices will go down ummmm I will buy 8GB of USB for all my files on my old laptop

london well away from those people up norf
    I recently switched broadband providers from BT (crap) to AOL (excellent so far) through a Carphone warehouse deal.
    18 months contract with a Free-ish (70 odd quid extra) Toshiba Satellite 149-300 laptop thrown in.
    I cannot grumble really, the lappie is absolutely superb, and more than what I really need in terms of RAM and HDD capacity. With Vista Premium installed it is a real gem.
    There were a couple of Acer lappies on offer for free, but I declined, and happily paid the extra for something worth its salt.
    I did make some sums before signing on the dotted line, and all in all, even with the extra charge, I was well up, compared to my previous BB provider.
    Even my techy sons are impressed with it...
    I was thinking more of the mobile deals which offer you the world and now mobile companies are offering you a cheap laptop on a 24 month contract!!

The internet ones i have not looked at Laptops free with work

My bt is fine.

Like Mr Admin boss po sir says there is a little more to broadband than simply pluging in. Chino if it pops back could tell you far more than me.

many people have found adding a touchplate at the master socket makes a massive difference also looking at devices which can cause interfrence to the connection. Simply having the wiring checked can help. Some older houses will have wiring decades old when Adsl was simply letters from the alphabet.

If you know what our doing the Bell wire Snip helps much mucho in some cases. As you can reduce noise on the line. Which is the same as changing the plate.

Even the Filter you use can make a difference as can like Mr admin say the pc and router etc. Some people have some fancy filters with face plate which they swear by.
    http://www.adslnation.com/products/xtf.php

Also i have noticed speed tests will never show what my connection is capable off. My always says 2-3 meg but when im downloading or streaming it gets to the 6.5 -7 BT claim.

Sir Dom po if you ever have trouble sleeping have a butchers at this.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/se...radsl.html#235

I'm having second thoughts now where to buy my new laptop.... hehehhe My hubby says that I will buy there If I'm there esp this January SALES.. I can get a good buys and great deals.. but then the down side is... What will i do in the plane If I will travel from here to there one day..It's too boring ayt, I do have my ipod hehehhe..

sis in the plane you can watch movie,tv,play a game and listen to the music in your own time,coz you have your own monitor in your seat.
    all things are possible!

[SIZE=4]
    Yes, after experiencing Vista Premium on the new laptop I fully agree.
    xp lives longer, means death of vista

http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...of-life-473319

london well away from those people up norf
    Windows 7 out soon why would you bother with vista still has not sorted it self out.

This would have been the time when people would have upgraded firms. But no one is going to bother now.

On your avg Dell business PC XP flys along Vista is umm staggering along and means loads of tickets for IT support.

Will it increase productvity ummm nope.

Windows 7 is just a Vista upgrade, with the new excellent Office style interface on everything. It'll look like Vista, and work like it, as it is not a total re-write of the code as was XP-Vista.

It will be at least another year before the release.

Most other changes from Vista will be what the majority will not use, virtual disks, better server support, a new networking API, and other fiddly bits.

So is it still worth upgrading? For security & stability, yes.
    Keith - Administrator

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm which is which XP or VISTA hehehe ummmm I rarely use office files ahehehehe. I'm doing more on Surfing

Vista is safer on the Net due to the way the code is written.
    Keith - Administrator

Vista is safer on the Net due to the way the code is written.
    ummm OKAY

I would not touch Acer witha bargepole.

Toshiba satellite series........
    Have to agree aromulus my A300 is brilliant.... although I do use an Asus eeepc for short stay travel, so i don't bleed if it gets pinched. (that doesn't sound quite right somehow does it )

I recommend dell XPS for laptop. heavy duty and it will last you for a long time. (based on my experience)
    acer is too flimsy!
    the next think i would choose would be a MAC or an HP blackbird! thats about it

My dell is two years now and has survived coffee tobacoe and abuse of high magnitude including Thailand twice and now the phils its a inspiron 1300 I got it with 3 years onsite service and when the battery died they replaced them overnight so all good only drawer back no service outside Europe But then again havnt needed it
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

DVD-Writer.....AT LEAST 2GB's of RAM as most come with Vista now, and anything less slows it right down.....Try and get a Dual Core.
    Any difference between Intel and AMD?

Banned
    I worked with different Electronics firm for a decade. Hard Disk Mfg, Printed Circuit Board Mfg., PCB Assembly, and I.C. Mfg.

All I know is they are all strict when it comes to quality.

We made ACER mother board and they are one of the hardest board to inspect. So as Nokia 3310 PCB board. I remember, Nokia is sending back the board to us if they found even one defect in their random inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by beppe View Post
    Any difference between Intel and AMD?
    Intel is more expensive but slightly better than AMD at the moment.

A new war is about to break out over the 6 Cores, and Intel are launching an 8 Core next year, but AMD are going straight to the 12 Core. They also have a working 80 Core, but we won't see that for a few years yet
    Keith - Administrator

Intel is more expensive but slightly better than AMD at the moment.

A new war is about to break out over the 6 Cores, and Intel are launching an 8 Core next year, but AMD are going straight to the 12 Core. They also have a working 80 Core, but we won't see that for a few years yet
    Not so worried about 80 cores in my laptop think of your groin

Just as important is power consumption and the heat generated when it comes to my choice for laptops
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    cant give much advice on what to buy but if philippine laptops are like there pc's they are years behind compared to ours i spend 30k php on a pc over there its a load of crap to what i have in the uk

Banned
    Amiburple has gone AWOL.........

Thumbs up

Ummmm I'm using laptop for almost 2 years now, it's not a branded one but it's really useful for me and for my hubby. Now I want to give it to my brother and I will buy new one... I'm thinking to buy ACER SOON and bring it over there... And my hubby is disagreeing that I cannot bring it over the plane in flying there in the future because he said the security is strick bla bla bla which I think it's not... and he said I cannot use the loptop that I bought here and then I will use there He is not really techy person...

I'm confuse now, I want to buy new one this coming December, God willing ... What do you think ACER is GOOD? Can I use the LAPTOP that I will buy here and thn bring over there?

hi my laptop is acer i buy this not brandnew i buy it nearly 2years now,i cant afford to buy new one
    because laptop here is so expensive but still working,

Banned

MAYBE BAFFLED

if you read this Amyburple PM please, hope things worked out ok

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information