Thread: TO DIET or NOT TO DIET

Cool TO DIET or NOT TO DIET

Who is on DIET MODE now a days...

What is the best TIPS for DIET .............. I love food

I'm not that FAT hehehehe

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    hahaha i am fat! i was about 13st 5'5. recently well about 2 months ago i started a diet, the after six diet in fact. i start my day with bfast normally oatmeal and a banana, if i find i am hungry i eat an apple of a handful of grapes. then for lunch i eat half a cup of brown rice with fish or meat and veg. then i eat oatmeal again at about 5:30 with fruits. then after six i dont eat anymore, i just drink lots of water. and so far i have lost 18lbs. i am very pleased with it, i suffered from hunger pains the first week but now my body has adjusted and is used to my routine.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    hahaha i am fat! i was about 13st 5'5. recently well about 2 months ago i started a diet, the after six diet in fact. i start my day with bfast normally oatmeal and a banana, if i find i am hungry i eat an apple of a handful of grapes. then for lunch i eat half a cup of brown rice with fish or meat and veg. then i eat oatmeal again at about 5:30 with fruits. then after six i dont eat anymore, i just drink lots of water. and so far i have lost 18lbs. i am very pleased with it, i suffered from hunger pains the first week but now my body has adjusted and is used to my routine.
    ohh good for you sis.... i will try that tip ahehehe

diet...diet I agree with what maria and matt said the after six diet is effective.as long as you eat balance and healthy food.you find it hard at first week coz you feel so hungry at around 7-8 pm but you`ll soon get used to it but I am not into it now though,that was about two years ago am about 8 stone and half now and I just eat normal food and sometimes i treat myself for a KFC
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    diet...diet I agree with what maria and matt said the after six diet is effective.as long as you eat balance and healthy food.you find it hard at first week coz you feel so hungry at around 7-8 pm but you`ll soon get used to it but I am not into it now though,that was about two years ago am about 8 stone and half now and I just eat normal food and sometimes i treat myself for a KFC
    believe it or not when i got here i only weighed 9st now i am a little under 12st after losing 18lbs, i am so happy bout my weight loss i am sticking to this diet coz its the only diet that worked for me so far..
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Oh! no diet please --- for me. ...i also love food....my husband sometimes call me a food machine, lol....im 7 and a half stone
    and 5'1.

I ate loads but i try to avoid softdrinks, crisps and chocolate.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

I'm still on diet mode even after 4 months since my wedding. I try to avoid eating rice and just go with fruits during meal time. Aside from diet I also go to the gym to work out 4-5 times a week. But once a week I treat myself by eating what I crave the most.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

ME on DIET too... In the morning for my BRUNCH I ate only corn flakes with milk and then my yakult. And the around 3 our 4 I ate my Dinner... I feel hungry around 7-8 but I drink green tea till the end of my work at 11 pm... I love foods and I love cooking haayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... So no I really have to trim down I need it very much

hi guys..

it's sounds that everybody are on DIET at the moment....but me I'm finished with that... i'd like to eat anytime i want ..but ofcourse not be FAT...i HATE that...heheehehe
    Matt & Trina Leach

london well away from those people up norf
    Im on a seafood diet.

im on diet also,i use slimming tea and slimming tablets also.and i know b4 we cameback in phils on 4th december im back in 34/26/34 again

Diet is a word to make money, eating correctly is free.
    Keith - Administrator

Smile

Hahahaha Im on a diet as well after giving birth way back 2 years ago i gained a lot of weight i tried after 7 and it works well, unlike everybody they tried after 6 but mine is after 7 i dont eat anymore..
    But right now i still eat a lot my hubby thinks im an eating machine i cant control myself from eating what i really like..
    I just cut down from drinking soda cause thats one reason i gained a lot of weight..

no diet yet christmas is coming
    all things are possible!

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Diet is a word to make money, eating correctly is free.
    Word

Diet is what we are all on.

Whats your Diet Andy umm everthing i wish to eat

From what i have seen and read eat less processed food. In both the UK and Phill a lot of the Processed food (ie not fresh meats, veg, fruits or those made with fresh ingredients at home for example)
    Many foods are full of hidden sugar and fat.

Exercise simply walking and standing will help increase the calories you use but a healthy Diet will slowly but surely reduce weight and improve health.

If you lose weight quickly your losing water a pound of fat is 3,500 calories if i recall correctly this takes sometime to shift.A run for an hour would not shift all of that i think thats more like 400 to 600 calories. But if done at a steady rate then its far more likely to stay off.

A cheap way of being healthy is drink more water a day (but not to much) it will help you of course not be thirsty and in many cases feeling so hungry.

Same with having a coke drink a small glass of water before it your enjoy it more.
    We did it with the all the family kids in Phill a glass of water before any coke etc. They drank far less coke which sounds obvious but made a bigger diffence as the saving of coke was bigger than the water consumed.
    Its the same with a meal Drink a glass of water or two before your meal
    and you eat less.

Also always have a decent and filling breakfast skimping in the morning will put your body in fasting mode and slow the rate and way it consumes calories.

little things like that add up.

PS the eating a small amount regularly during the day is said to be a very good way to eat enough but not to much.

In the West we tend to cram all our food into two or three sittings. Which overloads the body and means the weight can pile on.

It maybe better if as a phill you eat the same way particulalry back in phill, as your body is used to that and suddenly taking up different eating habits after a life time will confuse the body for sure.

It is hard to be on a diet!

Strict rules!
    Regular Exercises!
    Low Carb, Low Sugar, Low etc!

I dont want to die early!

hehe.. cheers mate!

hmmm I guess my diet is working... almost 3months I'm starting to eat cornflakes with milk that's my brunch and then dinner before 6 and then tea the whole night of my shift and thn no more food.... I loosed weight heheheheh....

Im still on diet mode,i just ate fruits and vegetables and soup for dinner.
    aside from diet,i also go to the gym 3 times a week..

So - is it a fact that Filipinas who come to Britain to live are more likely to gain weight? Having recently visited the Philippines I would think the lifestyle there would ensure that calories are burnt off more easily.

Let's face it - how many fat people do you see in the Philippines compared to here in Britain?

oh it seems you all here enjoying the benefits of having on a diet...in contrast to your beliefs, i might be the only one who never put myself into much....although am gaining too much than compare to what i am in the past....basically, my waistline from before was 25 but then now since I met my hubby who never believe into diet..gosh am gaining too much from 25 to 30......i really can't convince him to do same thing as what mostly girlie's believe on...its so real hard to tell him that i want to slow down a bit and wanted to go back into my old body shape....grrrrrrrrrrr....i don't know if there is anybody on here whose kinda same as my hubby.....he doesn't mind if i gain a lil amount of fat which thats what he really wanted me to be...

the funny thing is i tried to be on diet once before,,,,do all the secrets in putting me into the right track coz really honestly i miss my body that i used to be like a year ago...i never told my husband that i tried, i just don't want him to worry as if am too woried that he might do think that i don't the like way how he loves his girl to enjoy much as possible NOR never did I appreciate all the blessings i have..uhmmm yes..i tried several kinds of..from foods intake and tablets........but seems i feel guilty when my husband ask me if how much i enjoy all the yummies and never hold on any foods that i am fancy with, its just because i had a miserable life in the past, i have no way to enjoy all the yummies i am fancy with for i don't have enough cash to enjoy as much as possible....so now that i can have it all, he wants me to have all the foods that i wish to eat he won't accept any farther explanation...............

I love to eat so I make it up with exercise, back in Phil I go to the gym 5x a wk after work. I was 8st at 5'4 before having kids, now with 2 boys Im now 9st and stop weighing...dont want to know anymore! just cant help eating as well with these kids! My husband prefers me slim but I told him Im still considered petite compare with other Brit ladies But I promised myself that I will shed off a few pounds...dont like stick thin. Im pressured in a way bec my husband eats healthy-eats less rice than me, removes fat and skin, doesnt like fried, exercise alot and he is really fit and got a nice body, no flabby bits at all..and me??? never mind...

Good luck to us...who wanted to slim down!

Quote Originally Posted by paulgee View Post
    So - is it a fact that Filipinas who come to Britain to live are more likely to gain weight? Having recently visited the Philippines I would think the lifestyle there would ensure that calories are burnt off more easily.

Let's face it - how many fat people do you see in the Philippines compared to here in Britain?
    thats what my other half said he was amazed when he went to PI for a visit and was quite surprise how small filipinos are compared to western women but to add when filipina comes to u.k not all of them gain weight coz i havent and I`ll be about two years now and I managed to maintain my wieght so far.probably because am still not experienced of getting pregnant.
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    I love to eat so I make it up with exercise, back in Phil I go to the gym 5x a wk after work. I was 8st at 5'4 before having kids, now with 2 boys Im now 9st and stop weighing...dont want to know anymore! just cant help eating as well with these kids! My husband prefers me slim but I told him Im still considered petite compare with other Brit ladies But I promised myself that I will shed off a few pounds...dont like stick thin. Im pressured in a way bec my husband eats healthy-eats less rice than me, removes fat and skin, doesnt like fried, exercise alot and he is really fit and got a nice body, no flabby bits at all..and me??? never mind...
    I haven't experienced going to gyms because I was and still am lazy hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by paulgee View Post
    Plus the weather in the PI is one of the contributing factors why they are skinny or slim. We perspire a lot!

Having long walks from home to Jeepney/Bus Terminals. Not all have got cars and the joy of window shoppings during weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post

wow good for you sis.. I'm always planning to have my BOXING and my MUAY THAI class but until now I cant start because I have lot of things and responsibility to do esp now that I'm working my FIANCEE application... I have gloves, I visited on boxing gym near LIBIS EASTWOOD but never started ... I love to do it because I used to do my TAE BOO and i do gym weight lifting too.... but now just one meal a day for the mean time and cereal in the morning and thats it I hope I will loose weight

Thread Information