Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First visit - first meeting – first impressions

First visit - first meeting – first impressions

Of course, this Forum is a godsend to anyone contemplating a relationship with a Filipina. It helped me greatly to understand the country, its people, their customs and characteristics.

Three months after meeting on a chat site (Filipina Heart) I was flying out to meet my gf. I had booked a flight to Manila before meeting her, and at a time when I had no one to visit out there. After endlessly reading the Forum I knew I wanted to see the Philippines, even if I was alone out there.

But then along came Shirley, we chatted, we got along so well. “Wouldn’t it be nice if you could visit the Philippines” she would say, and it was not long after we first met that we both cancelled our FH accounts, chatted on Messenger, and both knew (hoped) this was not just a casual friendship.

I held out for a while, not telling her I already had a flight booked, but as it became apparent we were serious I told her. It was worth waiting, just to see her reaction on the webcam!! Fortunately she lived only 2 hours from Manila, which was fortunate. How annoying if she had lived near Cebu Airport!

Of course the Forum came into its own. I knew I had to take some gifts out, meet the family. I had a wealth of experience to tap into to help me, and planned accordingly. I had updated my phone to a tri-band one so we could sms and chat, but what I did not know was that as it was not on a contract it would not work over there.

Came the day, and came the flight. I had booked the cheapest flight I could, Kuwait Airways, and knew thay had a bad reputation. But everything was fine. The flights showed up something interesting. The leg from London to Kuwait was mainly composed of people from Arab nations, and the flight from Kuwait to Manila mainly Filipino. The contrast between the two sets of passengers was noticeable. The filipinos were a happy bunch, mainly younger guys and gals, happy chatting.and already I felt at home around them.

Landing at Manila the formalities did not take too long. I had read the sticky with its description and photos of the arrival area, but it was quite small scale there, with no problems. Following the instructions I exited on the right, crossed the road, and down the sloping path to the meeting area, where under the letter G would, I hoped, be Shirley - wearing a bright red teeshirt. For myself - I had a pre-arranged baseball cap.

I reached the bottom of the slope, and was about to walk to letter G, then remembered by cap. Pulling it on I glimpsed across the road, at people behind the barrier, I thought I could see a glimpse of red. It was hot and humid, and I melted my way along to my letter.....

And more to follow ..

You look like Alan's brother
    Keith - Administrator

Wow... can't wait for your next post! COngrats anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Yep.. hehe always TO BE CONTINUED...

il subscribe to this thread :-D

one love story on the making

ohh.. wait!

you're avatar pic disclose much of the story... :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

Looking forward for the next post
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Your post makes the reader looking forward for the continuation!!!...can't wait! please don't delay! hehehe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sneaker23 View Post
    il subscribe to this thread :-D
    one love story on the making
    Second the motion,here is my payment to this thread,I'll subscribe as well
    Gosh so exciting Paul,make it 8 pages ha,beat alan's bro.

so far so good...
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

ohhh thats reminded me of mine as well. cant wait for next chapter
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

When reading accounts of bf’s travelling out to for a first meeting with their gf, there are two things I look for: First obviously was how the couple got on together when they finally met. The second was the impressions of the country itself. I knew it would be hot, humid, less developed than Britain. Some said they felt safe wherever they were, others preached caution. One thing I was hoping for was for a friendly country where I could feel at ease.

As I walked down the path to the meeting area I was not quite at ease. I may have been jetlagged, though that only caught up with me later; after 2 long flights I was unshaven and crumpled and now hot. I had expected to be nervous, but the main feeling was of worry; I was to spend 2 weeks with my gf and if we did not get on well that would seem a very long time indeed.

I walked the short distance to letter G. Across the road a figure in red mirrored my movement, spoke to a guard, a gate was opened – and across to me came Shirley. I don’t remember the first few minutes in great clarity. We hugged, remembering advice read about first meetings I kissed her on both cheeks, was that a traditional Filipina greeting? Whatever, it didn’t do the trick, so a proper kiss swiftly followed that.

Looking at photos of couples on the Forum, I have always been struck by how ‘hands-on’ Filipinas are with their partners. And so it was with us, as we waited for transport, hand in hand, then arm in arm. A foretaste of times ahead, and already we were comfortable with one another. I had booked accommodation for the first week at the Mabuhay Manor Hotel, before a short trip to Boracay Island. The hotel fulfilled several criteria; it was only 15 minutes away, they had free collection from the airport, they were reasonably priced, and had good reviews generally.

As was to prove the case a lot during the time we were together, it was invaluable having a ‘native speaker’ with me. Everyone spoke some English, but time was often saved by Shirley being able to speak the local lingo! She phoned the hotel, hastened our transport, and minutes later we were on our way. Driving habits in Manila, seen for the first time, were ‘interesting’, the horn being used as a tool for carving through traffic. I was glad I didn’t have to drive.

I saw jeepneys for the first time, hundreds of them, whilst en route to the hotel. I was to enjoy much travel in them during my stay. The hotel was in what I thought a narrow road, but was typical for the area. Cool air conditioning, a welcome drink, smiles from the friendly staff - and I had arrived ………

And more later ………

hey!its look like telenovela or soap opera,cant wait for the next episode

more

"You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "

exciting...cant wait for next chapter

i should change from daily subscription to instant subscription..... :-D

welcome to mars paulgee! :-D

WOW how cool... Hmmm I'm sure you have fun and you will enjoy your 2 weeks vacations here... Enjoy the moment with your gf.... I remember the days when we first met with my hubby he is really struck seeing the jeepneys here LOL He is so amazed with it... badly we didn't try to ride on it because he is really desperate to try it waaaaaaaaaaaa...hmmm maybe his next visit we will rent the whole jeep for us and tour with in the metro He wants to buy jeepney and bring it over in Scotland

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sneaker23 View Post
    i should change from daily subscription to instant subscription..... :-D

welcome to mars paulgee! :-D
    you wouldn't like to read if it is too long ,so i agree the episode for episode,so go,go,go paul ,we are enjoying especially pinays here on the forum,

Banned
    Either I missed an instalment or there is a lot of "getting to know each other" going on.....

Keep it up , lad, we are rooting for yah.....

Interesting love story..
    cant wait for the next post...

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    ...is a lot of "getting to know each other" going on.....
    Hey! No plagiarism, please!

There are two types of men who read the Forum, those who have met their gf and those who have not. There is the big build up, months of emails, chats by phone and on messenger/cam, and when the meeting takes place one hopes their gf is all you hoped for. Myself? I was lucky, I was in Manila with a beautiful gf at the start of a 2 week holiday.

Even with aircon temperatures at night are high. But I was to enjoy the heat during my time there, just as long as a cool shower was not too far away, Filipinos being so clean, (even on crowded jeepneys I was impressed with the personal hygiene of people!) The first morning was a chance to see the real Philippines. Breakfast at the Mabuhay Manor was excellent, a buffet of mainly Philippine foods with a nod towards western tastes. As a Filipina Shirley cannot survive without every meal containing rice, and I tried to ‘go native’ and follow her lead.

I was much taken by the Egg Station in the restaurant, a chef standing behind two burners, cooking eggs, omelettes etc to order. I was to find out that ‘Station’ was a favourite word, used to describe all manner of places. And this is where I was to find out how a Filipina looks after her man, food types were explained, fetched from the buffet for me. It has been written elsewhere, more eloquently than I can put it, how men are cared for by their Filipina gf’s and wives. How lucky we are – and let us not forget it!

We walked down the street to the market after breakfast. It was a hot, sunny day – and Shirley was underneath her umbrella! It was a common sight, lighter coloured Filipinas staying out of the sun to avoid getting a suntan, quite the reverse to England. The sights and sounds of everyday people and life are what I had looked forward to seeing, and the market had this in abundance. Jeepneys whizzed past on the narrow road from our hotel, men stood at the roadside with tiny trays of drinks, seemingly selling only to Jeepney drivers, close to a pickup area adjacent to the market.

No pavements on the narrow road, leg breaking holes in the roadside to be avoided, ‘short-time’ hotels advertising their charms, bicycles with their sidecars of passengers pushing their way through the crowds, men selling single cigarettes from their small trays of ware (how on earth do they make a living?), uniformed men with white gloves directing traffic whilst standing in mid-road suicidal positions – I loved it all.

This was only my first day here. As I write this I realise I am doing it more for my own sake than anyone else, maybe to re-live my time there. So I am sorry if I am boring anyone, but I am sure those who have flown out to be with their gf will have similar memories.

More later …….

Banned
    No you don't bore us, moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ,we enjoy indeed

yes this is great,i'm going have my first "visit" on tues with my lady-hope all goes as well as yours.

Welcome to the forum

As i am reading your love story it excites me every phrase in it Im looking forward to read more...And i bet i is a successful one.

Thanks for sharing your love story

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    hmmm please write more i cannot wait
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

I can't wait to read the rest, please continue...

Can't wait for the next chapter. More please.....

Hi Lestaxi1, just to say I wish you all the best for your trip on Tuesday, your first trip no less. I hope all goes well, I am sure you will have a wonderful time there, it is a great country with such friendly people.

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    hmmm, was your story over?
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information