Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arthur Little

welcome here

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    I am merely a decent British citizen who fell in love with an equally respectable lady who, unfortunately, happened to be living at the opposite end of our planet.
    Well, that is the user group at whom this site is targeted. The majority of contributors fall into this category.

so why should my good lady and myself be penalised when all I'm trying to do is give her the opportunity to sample the realities of life in either the UK
    Penalised, maybe - but no more than any other members here. The reason for the apparent unfairness of 'the system' is that so many people have abused the privilege of immigration into the UK, making it difficult for the authorities to issue visas based on the face value of each application.

What is available on this site is the sum experience of of hundreds of people who are, or have been, in your situation. This experience tells us that Myrna is extremely unlikely to be granted a visit visa based on your current situation.

Having said that, we would all be very happy to be proved wrong, and find that Myrna's application is successful. However, even if that does happen, it is unlikely that you would gain permission to marry in the UK, and Myrna would still have to return to Philippines to apply for a fiancee visa, or, with you, to marry and then apply for a spouse visa.

What we do know is that if you were to marry in Philippines, and Myrna then make a well prepared application for a spouse visa, it is unlikely that she would be turned down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    What we do know is that if you were to marry in Philippines, and Myrna then make a well prepared application for a spouse visa, it is unlikely that she would be turned down.
    This the easiest of them all..............

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    This the easiest of them all..............

hello Arthur welcome to the forum
    my husband is from Perth, Scotland also . Me...waiting for my spousal visa

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    My thanks to all contributors who welcomed me into their midst and responded sympathetically to my predicament by giving me the benefit of their advice based on their own experiences. I also include *those whose comments at first glance, smacked of cynicism but, in fact, managed to put a smile on the face of a somewhat trauchled (bedraggled, if you're not a Scotsman) "youngish" (at heart) pensioner. I would hasten to assure *them that, far from trying to 'buck the system', I am merely a decent British citizen who fell in love with an equally respectable lady who, unfortunately, happened to be living at the opposite end of our planet. As a retired public service worker, living on a modest occupational pension of maginally over £6,000 per annum, is it any wonder I opted for the "least expensive" method of bringing my intended to the UK??? ... !!!

As to Government Officials monitoring the site: Let them!!! I've nothing to hide ... (I've even divulged my total earnings, for God's sake; how many people are prepared to do that?) so why should my good lady and myself be penalised when all I'm trying to do is give her the opportunity to sample the realities of life in either the UK status quo, or a potentially independent Scotland. Besides, remarriage is a huge step at my time of life, and I am keen for her to meet my grown-up family first to alleviate their natural apprehension. In other words, I would prefer to shut the stable door BEFORE the horse bolts! Tell me, what's so wrong about exercising caution blended with long-term optimism?
    If you see applying for a visitor visa as a way for your good lady to sample life in the UK for a short period of time, then I can understand why you are doing it and I wish you good luck.

But if you see applying for a visitor visa as a way of getting your good lady permanently to the UK then you are being very naive. It will be very difficult and even if you do succeed you will not avoid the costs of the additional visas that are needed.

Unfortunately immigration is not cheap even for someone (recently) married to a British citizen - current minimum cost is ~£1200, though it wouldn't surprise me if that jumps to ~£2000 if the government changes the rules as planned next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information