Thread: Job Search in Central London area.

Job Search in Central London area.

Hi guys, I finally made arrived here in London yesterday to be with my wife to live together. Now, i kinda bit awkward to look for jobs otuside personally, so i want to ask here if theres anyone of you guys know of jobs that fits to me. I'm a Filipino and very flexibles at any work tasks.

Since i worked for years in philippines, I'm have most of my experience in Customer services related jobs. Especially is Retail sales, Online Marketing, Data Processors, Quality Assurance, Inbound calls, etc.etc.

Since im new in the area, I'm keen to work for any average type of jobs, such as delivery jobs, cleaner jobs, home service delivery jobs, messenger jobs, etc.etc.

If anyone knows anything bout this informations please share your inputs.

Thank you very much!

best to go and look at your job center or job agency were you live

Search In This Jobcenterplusgoodluck!
    Filipina a born survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    best to go and look at your job center or job agency were you live
    Yes exactly!.. my wife just told me while ago and she will accompany to this agency. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eljean View Post
    Search In This Jobcenterplusgoodluck!
    I'am browsing this site now.. Thank you so much! lets see some jobs here.

london well away from those people up norf
    Also worth walking round the local area with CV and passport as many jobs companies advertise in the shop windows. But be careful they are legitamate jobs.
    You may find it useful to start applying for your National insurance number serach on this site for info regarding.

good luck in your job hunting kababayan!

try to look around maybe theres a local newspaper within your area that offers job vacancies. call center agents here have nice pay rates but first you must be familiarized with the accent

being awkward is a big nono. there is equal opportunity so all you need is guts to inquire and "kapal-muks" to get the job. goodluck on your job hunting

Quote Originally Posted by doonat View Post
    try to look around maybe theres a local newspaper within your area that offers job vacancies. call center agents here have nice pay rates but first you must be familiarized with the accent

being awkward is a big nono. there is equal opportunity so all you need is guts to inquire and "kapal-muks" to get the job. goodluck on your job hunting
    Thank you much kabayan Doonat. Well, my wife ask me if i could get a technical computer school for months in IDEA school here in whitechapel and since i was into computer marketing experience back in philippines. I will try to seek some info then insteed. but will try to seek some part time jobs as well. I have a problem with english accent here, so i might not considering to work in call center. rather I'll be looking for more customer service jobs such as those average works like messenger, janitorial, deliveries, etc.etc.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Also worth walking round the local area with CV and passport as many jobs companies advertise in the shop windows. But be careful they are legitamate jobs.
    You may find it useful to start applying for your National insurance number serach on this site for info regarding.
    I will make my own personal CV pages soon. thanks for the thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by gaius View Post
    I will make my own personal CV pages soon. thanks for the thoughts.
    goodluck!
    all things are possible!

Goodluck!!!

"Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

I'm browsing the net about this so called Free training for certain chosen works to get certification and get a job. Is there anyone whom have any idea of this subject? most of coleagues shared that my Philippine college education where not exactly credited to any work that i might like to get rather i will get any accredited free training course for London jobs such as JOBCENTREPLUS agency. I hope some folks could add some good infos.

Thank you so much!

i don't think you can apply for any free training, as you should be on some form of benefits

Your local council will offer a wide range of part-time courses and evening classes for adults, such as courses in English language and computing. These are often available free to people claiming benefits like Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support and Housing Benefit.

but ask at the jobcentre and tell them your a work permit dependant, see what they say.. good luck

try agency work, to get your foot on the ladder, you could be doing anything thou

Royal Mail always employ extra staff over xmas to cope with the sorting of letters etc...it will probably be only temporary...it's boring work...and they might stick you in an sorting office which is not too close to your home..

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Cryingbaby took a Christmas job with Royal Mail last October/November ... she is still working there.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    try agency work, to get your foot on the ladder, you could be doing anything thou
    agency is a good start but not advisable if you are looking for a long term job. you will be paid at par with minimum wage but you will soon realize you're working too hard and you deserve more than what the agency pays you. worst is that most of the jobs are not secure and an "on-call" basis.

i also heard about royal mail posting jobs anywhere, i might want to give it a try.

I had taken few list of jobs available here in my area in Whitechapel but i need to wait for my NI number to receive by mail. I've in process in jobcentreplus for this number so that i can work right in time.

Thank you guys!

You can start working before you get your NI number - my wife did the very same a few months back

Quote Originally Posted by gaius View Post
    I had taken few list of jobs available here in my area in Whitechapel but i need to wait for my NI number to receive by mail. I've in process in jobcentreplus for this number so that i can work right in time.

Thank you guys!
    I also applied for NI number before I started with my job hunting. I called jobcenter for an appointment and they were able to schedule me an appointment the following day of my phone call. It took only 2 weeks before I got my NI number by post. As for the NI number card, I need to wait 6-8 weeks before I can get it (by post again). Now I'm on the process of looking for a job and I hope I can get one soon...
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    I also applied for NI number before I started with my job hunting. I called jobcenter for an appointment and they were able to schedule me an appointment the following day of my phone. It took only 2 weeks before I got my NI number by post. As for the NI number card, I need to wait 6-8 weeks before I can get it (by post again). Now I'm on the process of looking for a job and I hope I can get one soon...
    The job market is expected to be tougher now that there are more unemployed people.

Best wishes everyone and hopefully the economy will recover soon.

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    I also applied for NI number before I started with my job hunting. I called jobcenter for an appointment and they were able to schedule me an appointment the following day of my phone. It took only 2 weeks before I got my NI number by post. As for the NI number card, I need to wait 6-8 weeks before I can get it (by post again). Now I'm on the process of looking for a job and I hope I can get one soon...
    Good advice but in London the wait maybe a little longer due to the numbers of applicants

Goodluck to you. its nice that u already have ur NI number.

I'm still waiting for the post application that theyre going to send to me.

Thread Information