Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you knew somone

Banned

If you knew somone

If you knew someone whose overstaying and working illegally in the UK, are you going to report her/him to the Immigration Police?

My personal point of view, if I knew someone whose overstaying, I will not tolerate him/her , because it unfair to all of us who did everyting and strictly follow all the rules to be able us to get to the UK legally even it cost us of long stressfull waiting.

if they are my good friends no

Respected Member
    Part of the high price rises in spousal / fiancee visas was to cover illegal immigration so they are indirectly contributing towards our costs. They also make the process more of a strain to us as we have to prove with greater evidence that our other halfs are not going to break their visa's conditions. It's unfair on people who obey the law so not entirely victimless.

things will only get more difficult for overstayers now..

it will be more difficult for them to find work. employers can face a fine of up to £10,000 for each Illegal immigrant they employ..

overstayers face a ban of years from coming back to the uk.

be deported with reduced rights to appeal

i will not tolerate them,period!

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    sorry but i wont interfere, i do not know the reasons why they overstayed, it might be coz they have a family to help back home.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    Yes will do!

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    things will only get more difficult for overstayers now..

it will be more difficult for them to find work. employers can face a fine of up to £10,000 for each Illegal immigrant they employ..

overstayers face a ban of years from coming back to the uk.

be deported with reduced rights to appeal

Joe are you looking to be a MP

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    sorry but i wont interfere, i do not know the reasons why they overstayed, it might be coz they have a family to help back home.
    The person who Robs someone to night may be doing it to support a family.

I have a family to support can i rob you please

Still Breaking the law surely

PS I would like to state i do not wish to rob anyone and never have.

I think i would be like that Mugger who gave his victim his phone in exchange for the victims with his contact details on it

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Joe are you looking to be a MP
    no of course not MP but PM

vote of me, free visas for the brits, europeans last in line and will have to pay

no of course not MP but PM

vote of me, free visas for the brits, europeans last in line and will have to pay
    What about cheaper football tickets? If you add that you got my vote

when i can be bothered, I am gonna write to my Euro MP, and see if they bother replying about the discrimination Brits face in their own country, and how is this discrimination not challenged by the European courts, were in EEC or we're not !

if they don't know if we are or not, give us the vote

My filipino co-worker who is a nurse in our nursing home resigned early this year (Feb 2008) after he resign it took him a few months to get a new job in diff nursing home the last time we heard from him is his papers still in HO waiting for his new work permit.

So I am not sure if he is consider overstayer/illegal? If he is I am wondering why the nursing home employed him despite the HO warning employing illegal workers.

I wont tolerate instead ill advice them to do the right thing and avoid beeing black listed...
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

i think it depends when he found the new employer, was it within 28 days?

work permit should only take a week or 2 at the most, but as long as the HO have his app, then he shouldn't be an overstayer, depends thou when his employer ap[plied for the permit i think...

not sure about this, not a good idea to quit on a work permit, they should have found another employer first..

If your current employment terminates you:

* Can find another employer willing to sponsor your permit for working in the United Kingdom. The new role must be similar to your current position.

* Must apply for a change of employment permit within 28 days of leaving your current employer.

* and i think apply for Further Leave to Remain (FLR)

maybe when they apply for ILR, they could find they've got a gap and not be able to apply for ILR as soon as they could..

they should seek advice from an immigration advisor

I wouldn't report them, I've heard stories of people who have got their Visa, they've not realized that the visa didn't have multiple re-entry, and so they've been refused entry back into the U.K! Basically they messed up so they ended up getting they're partner in illegally. I am an EQUALIST! I believe we all have equal rights to the worlds riches, equal rights to live exactly any place we want, equal rights to everything from A- Z. People are entitled to live any way they choose, and any place they like. Life will be better for them if they do it legally, but does it really matter that they don't? I mean, what are you going to do? Run after them down the street? Pounce on them? Wrestle them to the ground? And then sit on them and wait for the police to arrive? We're all entitled to a decent life, live and let live I say! Laugh or else your cry! live or else you'll die!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

i think it depends when he found the new employer, was it within 28 days?

work permit should only take a week or 2 at the most, but as long as the HO have his app, then he shouldn't be an overstayer, depends thou when his employer ap[plied for the permit i think...

not sure about this, not a good idea to quit on a work permit, they should have found another employer first..

If your current employment terminates you:

* Can find another employer willing to sponsor your permit for working in the United Kingdom. The new role must be similar to your current position.

* Must apply for a change of employment permit within 28 days of leaving your current employer.

* and i think apply for Further Leave to Remain (FLR)

maybe when they apply for ILR, they could find they've got a gap and not be able to apply for ILR as soon as they could..

they should seek advice from an immigration advisor
    he's been out of job for morethan 2 months after he resign though his new job is the same to his old job in the nursing home. All we know as he said his new employer applied a new work permit for him so he is waiting for that though we don't know if he got a new permit now bec he never answer our text anymore

Banned
    same thing ,I wont interfere,we know people really doesn't want to do it,but we all don't know his or her reason,who knows that she/he have undying relatives and badly needed a financial help,or a kids who's sending to school ,because for sure she/he wont do that w/o important reason,for sure she/he rather go home if she/he fine in her/he life in own country

I wont tolerate anyone of them... whether they are my friends or not. That's absolutely UNFAIR TO those who have gone through all the stressfull days of applying and waiting for their visa to be issued.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deltonmay29 View Post
    I wont tolerate anyone of them... whether they are my friends or not. That's absolutely UNFAIR TO those who have gone through all the stressfull days of applying and waiting for their visa to be issued.
    I agree.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh_Italian View Post
    Part of the high price rises in spousal / fiancee visas was to cover illegal immigration so they are indirectly contributing towards our costs. They also make the process more of a strain to us as we have to prove with greater evidence that our other halfs are not going to break their visa's conditions. It's unfair on people who obey the law so not entirely victimless.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    The person who Robs someone to night may be doing it to support a family.

I have a family to support can i rob you please

Still Breaking the law surely

PS I would like to state i do not wish to rob anyone and never have.

I think i would be like that Mugger who gave his victim his phone in exchange for the victims with his contact details on it
    go on rob me, at the end of the day it is not us breaking the law is it? all i am saying is people who do violate immigration laws do it for a reason, i am sure they will someday get caught. i know of someone from the philippines who is here overstaying and is working in london, she has 4 kids she sends to university and when they've finished she is going back home to them, she does not particularly like it here, she is only doing it so her kids won't go through all the hardships she had have to go through.
    so now please tell me, am i so wrong not to report her?
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    go on rob me, at the end of the day it is not us breaking the law is it? all i am saying is people who do violate immigration laws do it for a reason, i am sure they will someday get caught. i know of someone from the philippines who is here overstaying and is working in london, she has 4 kids she sends to university and when they've finished she is going back home to them, she does not particularly like it here, she is only doing it so her kids won't go through all the hardships she had have to go through.
    No wonder why having a Philippine passport makes difficult to obtained visa in most countries,because of the abusive and opportunist people and as a result the Embassy make the process more of a strain to us as we have to prove with strong evidence that we are not going to break their visa's conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyang View Post
    No wonder why having a Philippine passport makes difficult to obtained visa in most countries,because of the abusive and opportunist people and as a result the Embassy make the process more of a strain to us as we have to prove with strong evidence that we are not going to break their visa's conditions.
    it really is not difficult to get visas anywhere if you meet all their requirements, i have my family come and go here without any problems at all.
    i think that we should put ourselves in their shoes (those who overstay), there is always a reason, maybe they abuse the system here but what about all the EU people that come here and do not even bother to work? i noticed a lot of them causing trouble in our town. i am not saying its right but at least with the filipinos staying here they do work and try their hardest to earn so they can go home to their families back home.
    have a heart people, i am sure that if the situation was reversed you would do the same.

go on rob me, at the end of the day it is not us breaking the law is it? all i am saying is people who do violate immigration laws do it for a reason, i am sure they will someday get caught. i know of someone from the philippines who is here overstaying and is working in london, she has 4 kids she sends to
    so if her kids broke the law could she tell them they are doing wrong? I thought uk visas were so easy to get? How come so many ofws from phill dont break the law?

Maybe all these europeans on the jam role have the same reasons for not working after two years of being here? Fair dos dont report her, as you say if a Robber supporting themself robbed you, then you wouldnt call the police. Good luck with your insurance claim with out a urn.
    im glad the wife had to pay almost a grand and a half for her spouse visa and ilr maybe we should not have bothered?
    I hope the non tax payers use none of the services all the legal ofws and residents pay though the nose for?

this is why phills are one of a few countries that have to go though hoops for a schgen and other nations visas compared to many similar countries.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger@tigress View Post
    I wont tolerate instead ill advice them to do the right thing and avoid beeing black listed...

asking the same question the other way around...

how would you feel being reported by your close friend? relatives? mom,dad or your siblings?

Quote Originally Posted by sneaker23 View Post
    asking the same question the other way around...

how would you feel being reported by your close friend? relatives? mom,dad or your siblings?
    I will ask another do your close friends, relatives,mum,dad or siblings condon you breaking the laws of other countries?

gee people get of ur high horse, i am certain at one point in our lives we all have broken rules, a parking ticket? parking on a disabled spot when its raining? speeding? only we never got caught. why do you worry yourselves with what others are doing? as long as we are doing right with others surely that is what matters?

Banned
    Well, violators must prepared themselves on the consequences of what they did. They can not blame other people if oneday they arrested by the Immigration Police.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information