Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you knew somone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

If you knew somone

If you knew someone whose overstaying and working illegally in the UK, are you going to report her/him to the Immigration Police?

My personal point of view, if I knew someone whose overstaying, I will not tolerate him/her , because it unfair to all of us who did everyting and strictly follow all the rules to be able us to get to the UK legally even it cost us of long stressfull waiting.

if they are my good friends no

Respected Member
    Part of the high price rises in spousal / fiancee visas was to cover illegal immigration so they are indirectly contributing towards our costs. They also make the process more of a strain to us as we have to prove with greater evidence that our other halfs are not going to break their visa's conditions. It's unfair on people who obey the law so not entirely victimless.

things will only get more difficult for overstayers now..

it will be more difficult for them to find work. employers can face a fine of up to £10,000 for each Illegal immigrant they employ..

overstayers face a ban of years from coming back to the uk.

be deported with reduced rights to appeal

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    things will only get more difficult for overstayers now..

it will be more difficult for them to find work. employers can face a fine of up to £10,000 for each Illegal immigrant they employ..

overstayers face a ban of years from coming back to the uk.

be deported with reduced rights to appeal

Joe are you looking to be a MP

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Joe are you looking to be a MP
    no of course not MP but PM

vote of me, free visas for the brits, europeans last in line and will have to pay

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh_Italian View Post
    Part of the high price rises in spousal / fiancee visas was to cover illegal immigration so they are indirectly contributing towards our costs. They also make the process more of a strain to us as we have to prove with greater evidence that our other halfs are not going to break their visa's conditions. It's unfair on people who obey the law so not entirely victimless.

Quote Originally Posted by anview View Post
    if they are my good friends no
    it doesn't matter if they are friends of mine they are breaking the law
    all things are possible!

I have to say guys that there is a lot of poppy cock on this thread!!

Our forebears broke all sorts of laws to win the freedoms that are now being eroded bad and unjust laws always require brave souls to challenge them and that's one of the rights and responsibilities that goes with living in a free country.

In fact every citizen in my view has the right to say NO you may have to take the sanctions that that entails but the alternative is to wake up one day and find you have no rights at all

Joe your point on Europe and unfair visa fees is well made but the responsibility to challenge it lies with one of us that feels strongly enough to do so otherwise it just goes on.

People who are working their butts off abroad to support their loved ones who happen to live in economically deprived areas of the world regardless of their visa or lack of it "ARE NOT CRIMINALS OR ROBBERS" we sent them to Australia already

We didn't fill out many visa apps when we controlled a third of the world and the sun didn't set so I for one think that any moral high ground here is hypocritical in the extreme and the Filipino response here might better be directed at the corrupt lawbreakers,often in positions of trust, in your motherland than to your fellow countrymen who's aspirations and needs you should all understand and empathise with

Rant Over

I think I,ll have a beer now
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post

So glad you are not my..... "friend" !!
    Geez...It does`nt bare thinking about!!

Personally if the only crime was overstaying a visa, I would mind my own business.

I returned to this country in 2002, and had to apply for a spouse visa for my late wife.
    I could claim nothing, my wife could claim nothing. Yet people coming in on the back of a truck got five star treatment.

I'm now waiting for my wifes visa to be processed, and to be honest, it is one of the most difficult times of my life, why it takes so long in Manila is debateable, but it is certainly stressful.

I can understand why some people would take the "easy" way out.

Maybe the system should be levelled out a bit, make it easier for genuine applicants, and harder for the truck hikers.

Maybe if they spent less energy on masking it so hard for genuine cases, they would have more time to deal with the abusers.

Maybe the system is basically flawed if it is easier and better to break the law than abide by it.

As for the person using resources I pay for, they are not likely to use as much as other scammers legally here, as they would rather keep a low profile.

I would rather see the teenage mothers-to-be-on-benefits etc dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangoma View Post
    Yet people coming in on the back of a truck got five star treatment..
    I don't think you would call a detention centre 5 star

but I think many when caught are let go, and told to report back to immigration weekly, many vanish thou, the thing is now with the clamp down on illegal workers (fines or even prison for employers who employ illegal immigrants), the only work they will get will be really low pay, as the employer ways up the risks of getting fined £10,000 for each illegal immigrant employed, the other option if they cannot find employment is to turn to crime..

i will not tolerate them,period!

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    sorry but i wont interfere, i do not know the reasons why they overstayed, it might be coz they have a family to help back home.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    sorry but i wont interfere, i do not know the reasons why they overstayed, it might be coz they have a family to help back home.
    The person who Robs someone to night may be doing it to support a family.

I have a family to support can i rob you please

Still Breaking the law surely

PS I would like to state i do not wish to rob anyone and never have.

I think i would be like that Mugger who gave his victim his phone in exchange for the victims with his contact details on it

The person who Robs someone to night may be doing it to support a family.

I have a family to support can i rob you please

Still Breaking the law surely

PS I would like to state i do not wish to rob anyone and never have.

I think i would be like that Mugger who gave his victim his phone in exchange for the victims with his contact details on it
    go on rob me, at the end of the day it is not us breaking the law is it? all i am saying is people who do violate immigration laws do it for a reason, i am sure they will someday get caught. i know of someone from the philippines who is here overstaying and is working in london, she has 4 kids she sends to university and when they've finished she is going back home to them, she does not particularly like it here, she is only doing it so her kids won't go through all the hardships she had have to go through.
    so now please tell me, am i so wrong not to report her?
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    go on rob me, at the end of the day it is not us breaking the law is it? all i am saying is people who do violate immigration laws do it for a reason, i am sure they will someday get caught. i know of someone from the philippines who is here overstaying and is working in london, she has 4 kids she sends to university and when they've finished she is going back home to them, she does not particularly like it here, she is only doing it so her kids won't go through all the hardships she had have to go through.
    No wonder why having a Philippine passport makes difficult to obtained visa in most countries,because of the abusive and opportunist people and as a result the Embassy make the process more of a strain to us as we have to prove with strong evidence that we are not going to break their visa's conditions.

go on rob me, at the end of the day it is not us breaking the law is it? all i am saying is people who do violate immigration laws do it for a reason, i am sure they will someday get caught. i know of someone from the philippines who is here overstaying and is working in london, she has 4 kids she sends to
    so if her kids broke the law could she tell them they are doing wrong? I thought uk visas were so easy to get? How come so many ofws from phill dont break the law?

Maybe all these europeans on the jam role have the same reasons for not working after two years of being here? Fair dos dont report her, as you say if a Robber supporting themself robbed you, then you wouldnt call the police. Good luck with your insurance claim with out a urn.
    im glad the wife had to pay almost a grand and a half for her spouse visa and ilr maybe we should not have bothered?
    I hope the non tax payers use none of the services all the legal ofws and residents pay though the nose for?

this is why phills are one of a few countries that have to go though hoops for a schgen and other nations visas compared to many similar countries.

Banned
    Yes will do!

I wont tolerate instead ill advice them to do the right thing and avoid beeing black listed...
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger@tigress View Post
    I wont tolerate instead ill advice them to do the right thing and avoid beeing black listed...

Banned
    same thing ,I wont interfere,we know people really doesn't want to do it,but we all don't know his or her reason,who knows that she/he have undying relatives and badly needed a financial help,or a kids who's sending to school ,because for sure she/he wont do that w/o important reason,for sure she/he rather go home if she/he fine in her/he life in own country

I wont tolerate anyone of them... whether they are my friends or not. That's absolutely UNFAIR TO those who have gone through all the stressfull days of applying and waiting for their visa to be issued.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deltonmay29 View Post
    I wont tolerate anyone of them... whether they are my friends or not. That's absolutely UNFAIR TO those who have gone through all the stressfull days of applying and waiting for their visa to be issued.
    I agree.

asking the same question the other way around...

how would you feel being reported by your close friend? relatives? mom,dad or your siblings?

Quote Originally Posted by sneaker23 View Post
    asking the same question the other way around...

how would you feel being reported by your close friend? relatives? mom,dad or your siblings?
    I will ask another do your close friends, relatives,mum,dad or siblings condon you breaking the laws of other countries?

gee people get of ur high horse, i am certain at one point in our lives we all have broken rules, a parking ticket? parking on a disabled spot when its raining? speeding? only we never got caught. why do you worry yourselves with what others are doing? as long as we are doing right with others surely that is what matters?

gee people get of ur high horse, i am certain at one point in our lives we all have broken rules, a parking ticket? parking on a disabled spot when its raining? speeding? only we never got caught. why do you worry yourselves with what others are doing? as long as we are doing right with others surely that is what matters?
    So we should ignore all others that break the law Making it harder for the ones like oursleves who wish to follow the rules.

When you were at Wembley would you have been ok if someone broke the law and entered with a false ticket or none at all and took your seat?
    I guess you would have looked the other way.

Thats why many on here complain that its so dangrous here and in phill. Because people just look the other way when people break the law or display unsocialable behaviour.

Feel free to ignore, just dont complain if they ever tighten up the rules so much due to people constantly breaking the condtions of a visa that a member of your family cant get over to the UK legaly, that or faces oppressive checks and doubts by those in a official capacity.

So we should ignore all others that break the law Making it harder for the ones like oursleves who wish to follow the rules.

When you were at Wembley would you have been ok if someone broke the law and entered with a false ticket or none at all and took your seat?
    I guess you would have looked the other way.

Thats why many on here complain that its so dangrous here and in phill. Because people just look the other way when people break the law or display unsocialable behaviour.

Feel free to ignore, just dont complain if they ever tighten up the rules so much due to people constantly breaking the condtions of a visa that a member of your family cant get over to the UK legaly, that or faces oppressive checks and doubts by those in a official capacity.
    Hear Hear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information