Thread: If you knew somone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    when i can be bothered, I am gonna write to my Euro MP, and see if they bother replying about the discrimination Brits face in their own country, and how is this discrimination not challenged by the European courts, were in EEC or we're not !

if they don't know if we are or not, give us the vote

My filipino co-worker who is a nurse in our nursing home resigned early this year (Feb 2008) after he resign it took him a few months to get a new job in diff nursing home the last time we heard from him is his papers still in HO waiting for his new work permit.

So I am not sure if he is consider overstayer/illegal? If he is I am wondering why the nursing home employed him despite the HO warning employing illegal workers.

i think it depends when he found the new employer, was it within 28 days?

work permit should only take a week or 2 at the most, but as long as the HO have his app, then he shouldn't be an overstayer, depends thou when his employer ap[plied for the permit i think...

not sure about this, not a good idea to quit on a work permit, they should have found another employer first..

If your current employment terminates you:

* Can find another employer willing to sponsor your permit for working in the United Kingdom. The new role must be similar to your current position.

* Must apply for a change of employment permit within 28 days of leaving your current employer.

* and i think apply for Further Leave to Remain (FLR)

maybe when they apply for ILR, they could find they've got a gap and not be able to apply for ILR as soon as they could..

they should seek advice from an immigration advisor

I wouldn't report them, I've heard stories of people who have got their Visa, they've not realized that the visa didn't have multiple re-entry, and so they've been refused entry back into the U.K! Basically they messed up so they ended up getting they're partner in illegally. I am an EQUALIST! I believe we all have equal rights to the worlds riches, equal rights to live exactly any place we want, equal rights to everything from A- Z. People are entitled to live any way they choose, and any place they like. Life will be better for them if they do it legally, but does it really matter that they don't? I mean, what are you going to do? Run after them down the street? Pounce on them? Wrestle them to the ground? And then sit on them and wait for the police to arrive? We're all entitled to a decent life, live and let live I say! Laugh or else your cry! live or else you'll die!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    I wouldn't report them, I've heard stories of people who have got their Visa, they've not realized that the visa didn't have multiple re-entry, and so they've been refused entry back into the U.K! Basically they messed up so they ended up getting they're partner in illegally. I am an EQUALIST! I believe we all have equal rights to the worlds riches, equal rights to live exactly any place we want, equal rights to everything from A- Z. People are entitled to live any way they choose, and any place they like. Life will be better for them if they do it legally, but does it really matter that they don't? I mean, what are you going to do? Ran after them down the street? Pounce on them? Wrestle them to the ground? And then sit on them and wait for the police to arrive? We're all entitled to a decent life, live and let live I say! Laugh or else your cry! live or else you'll die!
    yes your right mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

i think it depends when he found the new employer, was it within 28 days?

work permit should only take a week or 2 at the most, but as long as the HO have his app, then he shouldn't be an overstayer, depends thou when his employer ap[plied for the permit i think...

not sure about this, not a good idea to quit on a work permit, they should have found another employer first..

If your current employment terminates you:

* Can find another employer willing to sponsor your permit for working in the United Kingdom. The new role must be similar to your current position.

* Must apply for a change of employment permit within 28 days of leaving your current employer.

* and i think apply for Further Leave to Remain (FLR)

maybe when they apply for ILR, they could find they've got a gap and not be able to apply for ILR as soon as they could..

they should seek advice from an immigration advisor
    he's been out of job for morethan 2 months after he resign though his new job is the same to his old job in the nursing home. All we know as he said his new employer applied a new work permit for him so he is waiting for that though we don't know if he got a new permit now bec he never answer our text anymore

Thread Information