Thread: 3 men killed in Cebu shootout

Post 3 men killed in Cebu shootout

CEBU CITY, Philippines--Three armed men were killed in a shootout with police elements here at a checkpoint along M.J. Cuenco Avenue in Cebu City late Sunday afternoon. The three men were killed after...

More...

Was it the Moss Side part of Cebu?
    Keith - Administrator

the big news links never work here in cebu cant even find it on an advanced search???
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Cebu News For firing at checkpoint: Cops shoot 3 suspects dead
    Updated November 03, 2008 12:00 AM

CEBU – Task Group Motorcycle of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) killed three suspected robbers yesterday afternoon after the men refused to stop at a checkpoint along M. J. Cuenco Ave.

The three men were on board a motorcycle when policemen conducting the checkpoint signaled for them to stop due to a couple of violations like not wearing helmets and overloading.

The men did not heed the instruction and instead went ahead while one of the two men, who were riding behind the driver, reportedly pulled out a gun from his waist and fired at the policemen.

The policemen led by Sr. Supt. Pablo Labra II, fired back.

The police are yet to establish the identities of the three fatalities despite the identification that were recovered from them.

A temporary driver’s license, an identification card, three pieces of 2x2 ID pictures and a syringe that is believed to be used for drugs were found at the compartment under the seat of the motorcycle.

The Scene of Crime operatives are still studying the IDs if they belong to any of those killed or were owned by their victims.

Two revolvers were also found in the possession of the dead suspects.

They also recovered 18 empty shell and two deformed slugs.

Policemen also noted that the three men bore tattoos on their arms.

Sr. Inspector David Seņor, chief of the Waterfront Police Station, strongly believes that the three men were robbers as the area where they were shot at is a known hot spot for robbery incidents.

Police took three men to the Cebu City Medical Center but were all declared dead on arrival. — Niņa Chrismae G. Sumacot/NLQ (THE FREEMAN

Thanks David I was down that road yesterday ,didnt see anything though, I wonder if that means that area will become safe now as if I was a robber I thing I would give it a miss and look for somewhere new

Does the link work for you David?
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    the big news links never work here in cebu cant even find it on an advanced search???
    Put the links through this proxy site http://www.zend2.com/

The problem with Big News is they update the page they had the original article on with another story rather than listing the archive pages via RSS
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Thanks David I was down that road yesterday ,didnt see anything though, I wonder if that means that area will become safe now as if I was a robber I thing I would give it a miss and look for somewhere new

Does the link work for you David?
    Not for me either!

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I work on that road!!!!

Al.

Thread Information