Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cebuano lessons and English to

Cebuano lessons and English to

My Partner is about to launch both Cebuano for us guys and English for any Filipinos here in Cebu City and on line for anyone further away (skype etc) I have asked permission of Keith to publicise which he has kindly given .

What we envisage here in Cebu are small groups between 1-4 meeting either at our place in Guadalupe or at yours if that suits you better and we will be offering introductory classes to meet and discuss the level of study required either in Cebuano or English which might be something for your Honey to do whilst waiting for you to visit or for a visa

We are currently working on lesson plans for these courses

My Partner is a Graduate of English and has completed 33 units out of 39 in her Masters in English MAEd ELT(with Cebuano as one of her cognate subjects) She has been teaching English as a Second Language at the largest language school in Asia for nearly seven years and is at the 85% level at Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English and is at the top of her game, she therefore is able not only to speak both languages fluently but also to explain the underlying rules and grammar for those wishing to achieve fluency and of course for those that would simply like to feel more proficient ordering a cold beer

If this is of interest to any of the members here please feel free to text on 00639052892882 giving your name and e-mail or send me a P.M.

I wasn't too sure where to post this so if it needs moving I will appreciate that

We are also happy to assist any new arrivals in the Cebu area (nation wide if its really important)with advance house hunting, gift deliveries etc in fact if theres any little or big thing just ask.

Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Kumusta man ka?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How are you?(meeting and greeting)

We had our first introduction to Cebuano on Saturday afternoon and covered such words as

How...............Unsa on

What..............Unsa

Who...............Kinsa

When..............Kanus a

Why...............Ngano

Where............Asa/Diin

and then went on to use these word in simple sentences nga is great fun I hold my nose for this one lol(I write my notes phonetically so sometimes my spelling of the Cebuano word may not be 100% accurate as i am primarily interested in verbal communication).

This group class will be running twice a week and there is still room if you are quick final days are not yet fixed but will be on one evening a week at 7pm and one weekend afternoon at 3pm starting next weekend cost 200peso per session paid monthly in advance let us know your prefered days and we will see if we can get it to fit

We envisage a second intro class in three weeks depending on interest from you guys here and we also have a couple of ladies who want to improve their English and this group class will start soon and still has vacancies

Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Wow that's very educational Phillip wanted to learn I hope we can arrange something.See you soon. : )
    True love waits.

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post

My Partner is about to launch both Cebuano for us guys and English for any Filipinos here in Cebu City and on line for anyone further away (skype etc) I have asked permission of Keith to publicise which he has kindly given .

What we envisage here in Cebu are small groups between 1-4 meeting either at our place in Guadalupe or at yours if that suits you better and we will be offering introductory classes to meet and discuss the level of study required either in Cebuano or English which might be something for your Honey to do whilst waiting for you to visit or for a visa

We are currently working on lesson plans for these courses

My Partner is a Graduate of English and has completed 33 units out of 39 in her Masters in English MAEd ELT(with Cebuano as one of her cognate subjects) She has been teaching English as a Second Language at the largest language school in Asia for nearly seven years and is at the 85% level at Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English and is at the top of her game, she therefore is able not only to speak both languages fluently but also to explain the underlying rules and grammar for those wishing to achieve fluency and of course for those that would simply like to feel more proficient ordering a cold beer
    If this is of interest to any of the members here please feel free to text on 00639052892882 giving your name and e-mail or send me a P.M.

WOW!!! Soon it will become known worldwide! Your wife is indeed intelligent & is willing to help others too! And you are her partner in everything!

GODSPEED to you both!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    WOW!!! Soon it will become known worldwide! Your wife is indeed intelligent & is willing to help others too! And you are her partner in everything!

GODSPEED to you both!
    How else can she keep me in San Migs
    Absit invidia

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I would like to learn Double Dutch and Gobbledegook, then I will be able to talk with my solicitor.

Al.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I would like to learn Double Dutch and Gobbledegook, then I will be able to talk with my solicitor.

Al.
    Ahhh....... You mean....

Legalese....???

I am in the same boat, for different reasons.....

How about Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän.

that's a real word in German.

Donaud steamship company captain. wonder why do they join the words together.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post

'Cos they fell apart in the war!!

Al.

I think they're trying to outdo the Welsh.

Err ... Donau. The d is the first letter of 'Dampf' (= steam). And Donau is the German name for the river Danube.

Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengessellschaft

Heh loiter spinst du alle here iste eine Cebuano oder Englisher thread
    Absit invidia

Haha ... I like the phonetic spelling, Keith!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Heh loiter spinst du alle here iste eine Cebuano oder Englisher thread
    Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengessellschaft

Mann koennte sich auch auf Deutsch unterhalten, es mach mir nichts aus.

Smile

Whatever you do, DON'T mention the war!!

Al.

Banned

Al.
    Guten morgen, Squire.....

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Err ... Donau. The d is the first letter of 'Dampf' (= steam). And Donau is the German name for the river Danube.
    Don't blame me Peter, I only copied it.

Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post

Translated :

"association of subordinate officials of the head office management of the Danube steamboat electrical services"

london well away from those people up norf

Al.

Or 1966 and linesman

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Or 1966 and linesman
    Good job that linesman was Russian.

london well away from those people up norf
    Good job that linesman was Russian.
    If he had not been in such a hurry, russian about everywhere he might not have given it

Smile

It was definitely a goal though - almost touched the back of the net! Don't know what all the fuss was/is about.

However, the goal that Yeovil scored against Oldham 2 weeks ago was clearly about 35 yards offside!!!

Al.

Banned
    From Cebuano.....

To German......

To football...

Carry on.........

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Mann koennte sich auch auf Deutsch unterhalten, es mach mir nichts aus.
    Mir auch nicht! ... aber Italienisch wird schwer sein!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Mir auch nicht! ... aber Italienisch wird schwer sein!
    Pfui teufel, nein.

Versuch mal Schwaebisch schwetzen....???

Banned
    I think they're trying to outdo the Welsh.

Dim ciarad Cymraeg....

Smile

Je ne sais pas au sujet de ce qu'est toute l'agitation !

What are we going to do now?

Al.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Pfui teufel, nein.

Versuch mal Schwaebisch schwetzen....???
    denken Sie über mich ein Anfänger mit der deutschen Sprache .. danach ist interessant.
    Keep moving on...

Je ne sais pas au sujet de ce qu'est toute l'agitation !

What are we going to do now?

Al.
    I am going to watch TV,Das boot on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information