Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

Hi,
    My name is Mike, what a great site this is. I live in London and I am going to Cebu in November as my Fiancee lives there. Wow the plane flight will take hours

Wow. Cebu, you will love it there, Mike. Wish you good luck. Hehe. Take care.

Hi Janinice thanks, I'm sure I will I leave london on 8th of November for that long long long flight journey

Quote Originally Posted by mike
    Hi,
    My name is Mike, what a great site this is. I live in London and I am going to Cebu in November as my Fiancee lives there. Wow the plane flight will take hours

Hi Mike,

who are you flying with?

I have been to Cebu a few times. You will be surprised how modern the malls ( Ayala & SM) are and if you like shopping at all then you could spend hours there. There is also a bowling alley, cinema and pool tables to help pass the time. And it is well worth going to Bohol for a couple of days.....

John

Hi Eljohno,
    I am flying with Qatar Airway from Gatwick. Thanks for letting me know the places to see in Cebu

Hi Eljohno,
    I am flying with Qatar Airway from Gatwick. Thanks for letting me know the places to see in Cebu

Enjoy Doha mike, do you know how long the stopover is?

Hi Eljohno,
    Three and half hours in Doha

Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno
    Enjoy Doha mike, do you know how long the stopover is?
    You have always long stopovers in this area (like Dubai, ...). These airlines are there for you to spend time (and money!) in the airport duty free.
    Best regards.
    Yves

I can't wait to see my fiancee, the long flight will be worth it

and Mike dont forget to pop in to Badgers in Banilad..it's a British pub....although the prices of drinks there are a bit over the top... for sure you will have a great time in Cebu...you can party all night there...and it's very close to Bohol if you want great beaches...I've lived most of my life in the Queen City of the South and I assure you will really love the city...not as crowded and polluted as Manila...

Hi Janinice thanks, I'm sure I will I leave london on 8th of November for that long long long flight journey
    You're welcome, Mike. Well, I graduated highschool in Cebu and I've been there for 6 years. I do really love the place. If the man I can be with in the future would love to stay and live for good in the Philippines, we would be in CEbu that's for sure. Hehe. Anyway, I sure hope you'll have a safe trip. Don't worry how long it would take, after all, you can be with your fiancee. Wow. That would be very exciting for the both of you. ..HUHUHU. I still don't have no one to call my fiance. Huhuhu

hi tetla and Janice,
    thanks for your kind words and Janice you will find someone

I think you need to watch your back in cebu.

It's not as safe as davao, manila or makati etc. if you stay in the mall or tourist spots you will be ok - I didn't feel safe when we went around the markets & wandering the streets.
    manila bay is full of rubbish & pollution - but so are all the rivers in cebu!!

take the fast ferry to bohol - it only takes 30minutes

Thanks bab,
    i will watch my back

Quote Originally Posted by baboyako
    I think you need to watch your back in cebu.

It's not as safe as davao, manila or makati etc. if you stay in the mall or tourist spots you will be ok - I didn't feel safe when we went around the markets & wandering the streets.
    manila bay is full of rubbish & pollution - but so are all the rivers in cebu!!

take the fast ferry to bohol - it only takes 30minutes
    I did not realise you could get to Bohol in 30 mins as the two time we have been it took 2 hours but thats good to know....

Quote Originally Posted by janice
    You're welcome, Mike. Well, I graduated highschool in Cebu and I've been there for 6 years. I do really love the place. If the man I can be with in the future would love to stay and live for good in the Philippines, we would be in CEbu that's for sure. Hehe. Anyway, I sure hope you'll have a safe trip. Don't worry how long it would take, after all, you can be with your fiancee. Wow. That would be very exciting for the both of you. ..HUHUHU. I still don't have no one to call my fiance. Huhuhu

As much as i enjoyed the few times i have been to Cebu i honestly did not find much to do to pass time apart from going around the two malls so maybe you could give me some tips of where to go next time.....

i sure will eljohno, though i will be to busy getting married to my fiancee

I did not realise you could get to Bohol in 30 mins as the two time we have been it took 2 hours but thats good to know....

yes it looks like they cancelled the route

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb...umaguete..html

we went on a catamaran (supercat i think). there is of course the slow ferry - i've not been on that.

I have taken the slow ferry from CDO to Jagna, - that took ages (5 hours?), and also Cebu - CDO (overnight),

The fastest ferries are Oceanjet. It take 1h30 from Cebu to Tagbilaran (Supercat was same travel time). For 30mn, you have to hire a plane at Cebu-Mactan to go to Tagbilaran airport.
    Best regards.
    Yves

ok i found the schedules here..

http://www.tagbilaran.gov.ph/get.php

maybe it wasn't 30mins, but it didnt take very long...

just an update supercat fast ferry is no longer operating...there's a new fast ferry going to bohol now..im sorry but i just forgot the name but for sure your fiancee will know it..and it's not 30mins....the max time to get to tagbilaran is 1.5hrs...

yeah i agree every big cities is not very safe but unless you walk to a dark street and if you are wonderin in downtown colon in the night time then everything will be ok...

as for the rivers in cebu yeah it's not very clean but are you gonna spend time in the river, anyway...manila is just the worst place to visit...

Quote Originally Posted by tetla
    just an update supercat fast ferry is no longer operating...there's a new fast ferry going to bohol now..im sorry but i just forgot the name but for sure your fiancee will know it..and it's not 30mins....the max time to get to tagbilaran is 1.5hrs...

yeah i agree every big cities is not very safe but unless you walk to a dark street and if you are wonderin in downtown colon in the night time then everything will be ok...

as for the rivers in cebu yeah it's not very clean but are you gonna spend time in the river, anyway...manila is just the worst place to visit...
    The ferry we used twice was called "Ocean Jet"

It was a nice journey each time we used it but one of the times it showed probably the worst dubbed movie i have ever seen. It was so bad that it was very funny..

hi guys,
    where is the best place to change my sterling, here, airport or Cebu

Thanks

money

I'd definately change money before you go. There's nowhere at Mactan airport in Cebu apart from the dodgy moneychangers. In Cebu itself there's quite a few ATMs but it's hard to find one which takes Visa. Mastercard is the preferred choice. I found a PCI bank which took my Visa
    If you take cash with you, make sure you have plenty of low denomination notes. Taxi drivers etc won't accept P500 notes (even though it's only £5 to us!)

Thanks Gav

i think you're only legally allowed to take 10,000pesos into the country.
    so you will need to use a money changer at some point. I've not met a dodgy one yet.

The best thing to do is a debit card as you will not be taking loads of money with you and if your bank is like mine then there is no charge for using the card abroad

Banned
    The best thing to do is a debit card as you will not be taking loads of money with you and if your bank is like mine then there is no charge for using the card abroad
    This is where I can recommend Nationwide, as their Maestro debit cards have free withdrawals anywhere in the world. Keep a credit card or another debit card as a back up if something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob
    This is where I can recommend Nationwide, as their Maestro debit cards have free withdrawals anywhere in the world. Keep a credit card or another debit card as a back up if something goes wrong.
    Rob it is actually Nationwide that i use and i think they are great and to be able to use the debit card in the Philippines without being charged is one of the reasons i like them so much

Quote Originally Posted by baboyako
    i think you're only legally allowed to take 10,000pesos into the country.
    so you will need to use a money changer at some point. I've not met a dodgy one yet.
    Really? But my hubby brought more than 20,000 pesos with him plus some pounds in his second visit here in the philippines. I think what you mean is you are not allowed to bring more than 10,000 pesos outside philippines.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information