Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ILR Prep

Respected Member

ILR Prep

Hello there,

Just a quick question, how long did you prepare to apply for the ILR?

My visa is running out on February and still not preparing the Docs that I need..

Im getting all my self to workout because of the visa.
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

dont worry tin same as me my visa runs out on january and same as you am not prepared yet.but try to be ready two weeks before your visa finish.hope that helps
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    dont worry tin same as me my visa runs out on january and same as you am not prepared yet.but try to be ready two weeks before your visa finish.hope that helps
    Thanks Mrs. Daddy,
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

london well away from those people up norf
    Like Mrs Daddy writes your be ok.

But if you have spare time now start sorting though the papers. Once you know its sorted your not be so worried.

Hi there, may I know what happened if you applied for visa AFTER your current visa expired? Will you be sent home or you will pay for the penalty? How much? Thanks.
    A winning horse doesn't know why it runs in a race.
    It runs because of the hits of pain.
    Life is a race. God is your rider.
    So if you're in pain,
    then think God wants you to win

If your visa expires you could be in theory deported. With out a good reason they may not let you reapply.

Others will know the full details.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    If your visa expires you could be in theory deported. With out a good reason they may not let you reapply.

Others will know the full details.
    Will deportation also apply to a spouse visa who run out her/his leave to remain visa.
    So if you're in pain,

Quote Originally Posted by singkit View Post
    Will deportation also apply to a spouse visa who run out her/his leave to remain visa.
    Before you panic let others who have more knowledge on the subject write in.

You can ask for FLR i think if the amount of money is to much or the evidence is not comlete enough.

Wheres joe when you need him?

Come on joe get posting Sir.

Hi there, may I know what happened if you applied for visa AFTER your current visa expired? Will you be sent home or you will pay for the penalty? How much? Thanks.
    you should always apply for a visa b4 your old one expires

AND

3.1. Out of time applications
    It is not possible under Section 3(3) of the 1971 Act to vary the leave of a person who has overstayed, because he has no leave to vary. The Rules make no provision for the grant of leave to remain to an overstayer and therefore any such decision must involve the exercise of discretion outside the Rules. An overstayer has no right of appeal against a refusal to grant leave to remain and a formal notice of refusal is therefore not required under the Notices Regulations. However, notice is usually given on form RON 110 or RON 111.

The wording of such a notice is still important because it can become an issue at the deportation stage or be the subject of MP's representations or judicial review. The relevant wording contained in the refusal formulae may be used to explain why discretion outside the Rules has not been exercised, but if the overstaying itself is the reason for refusal it will be appropriate to say no more than: "... but in view of the fact that you have remained in the United Kingdom without leave since ....(date), the Secretary of State is not prepared to exercise his discretion to grant you leave to remain in your favour. The Secretary of State therefore refuses your application."

so i would have thought it would depend on the case worker, what type of visa it was, the reason why you didn't apply in time, how late your app was, what would happen , you would get you visa or maybe at worse told to leave, and apply for a settlement visa again

Before you panic let others who have more knowledge on the subject write in.

You can ask for FLR i think if the amount of money is to much or the evidence is not comlete enough.

Wheres joe when you need him?

Come on joe get posting Sir.
    paying my bills, kids lunch money, kids after skool club, child minder, babies nappies, i'm broke again

Respected Member
    Yes a spouse can be deported. I know of someone who would deported because they applied for ILR after their FLR had expired.

Respected Member
    I wish my ILR will be granted, I didnt know if it is a good thing to gamble applying for ILR, or just to apply for FLR again

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    I wish my ILR will be granted, I didnt know if it is a good thing to gamble applying for ILR, or just to apply for FLR again
    Even if you apply for FLR again you still need the same evidence.

"We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources."

The only reasons for applying for FLR instead of ILR are:

1) you delayed your journey by more than 3 months (doesn't apply for people who came to the UK on a fiancee visa)
    2) you haven't pass the Life in the UK test
    3) there are issues with your relationship with your partner

Your best bet is to try and find as much as evidence as you can, and make sure that you've got good evidence for the next couple of months to use when you do apply.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    Even if you apply for FLR again you still need the same evidence.

"We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources."

The only reasons for applying for FLR instead of ILR are:

1) you delayed your journey by more than 3 months (doesn't apply for people who came to the UK on a fiancee visa)
    2) you haven't pass the Life in the UK test
    3) there are issues with your relationship with your partner

Your best bet is to try and find as much as evidence as you can, and make sure that you've got good evidence for the next couple of months to use when you do apply.
    just crossed my finger for everything

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO...

Mine will expire in March! I still haven't had the chance to review for the exams! Too lazy hehe... Might do it soon though!

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    just crossed my finger for everything

Your be fine mam. Dont forget hubby needs to help you.

Also we are all here to help. We all worried it wouldn't be ok and we had 20 pieces of evidence to find now its just 6 pieces. So far more easier

Respected Member
    Your be fine mam. Dont forget hubby needs to help you.

Also we are all here to help. We all worried it wouldn't be ok and we had 20 pieces of evidence to find now its just 6 pieces. So far more easier
    Thank you mr andypaul

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    paying my bills, kids lunch money, kids after skool club, child minder, babies nappies, i'm broke again
    So what was the butler doing?

So what was the butler doing?
    cleaning up little joe's projectile vomit

like a scouser it gets everywhere

Yes a spouse can be deported. I know of someone who would deported because they applied for ILR after their FLR had expired.
    My friend was advised to either get a solicitor or go home and re-apply for a settlement visa She chose getting advice from a lawyer but did she make a right decision there? I heard some takes 2 years and the case still not resolved. Going back home and applying for another settlement visa maybe a disaster aside from paying the plane ticket there and back, visa fee, and the horror of waiting if the visa will be approved or not due to overstay record. Which is a better choice?
    So if you're in pain,

Respected Member
    My friend was advised to either get a solicitor or go home and re-apply for a settlement visa She chose getting advice from a lawyer but did she make a right decision there? I heard some takes 2 years and the case still not resolved. Going back home and applying for another settlement visa maybe a disaster aside from paying the plane ticket there and back, visa fee, and the horror of waiting if the visa will be approved or not due to overstay record. Which is a better choice?
    If you get deported you only have to pay for the flight back to the UK, as the UK tax payer pays for a one way flight to your home country.

If the appeal is going to take a couple of years I would have thought the short term hassle of being deported would be the best bet. Especially as I think the new visa application is unlikely to be refused.

If you get deported you only have to pay for the flight back to the UK, as the UK tax payer pays for a one way flight to your home country.

If the appeal is going to take a couple of years I would have thought the short term hassle of being deported would be the best bet. Especially as I think the new visa application is unlikely to be refused.
    If the spouse gets deported, can she/he file the settlement visa straight away or should she/he wait for a certain time before she /he can file another visa?
    So if you're in pain,

Respected Member
    If the spouse gets deported, can she/he file the settlement visa straight away or should she/he wait for a certain time before she /he can file another visa?
    I think they can apply for a settlement visa straightaway.

I think they can apply for a settlement visa straightaway.
    Thanks Darren. Think I can play genius to my friend if I tell these all to her Oh, I love this site so much. It's not just fun but more friends to lean on too.
    So if you're in pain,

the last thing you want is to get a deportation notice and be deported, and even worse the tax payer paying for it , she could face a ban from coming to the uk for a while if that happens, even thou the bans are not mandatory for a spouse, but if she waits til the gov deports her, i would have thought she could well face a ban.

if she applies for her visa and its refused, i think she will be given 28 days to leave the country, she could then leave within that time and pay for her own flight, and apply for a spouse visa again(a chance she could still face a ban but not as long if she goes back b4 a notice is served)

but if she has heard nothing from the home office, it might be better she goes back to the phils asap and just apply for a new spouse visa, if she is not stopped on exit at the airport (small chance) the HO will not know she has overstayed, unless they can be bothered to check the stamp on when she arrived back in the phils but a good chance she will not risk facing any ban.

thou she is better getting free legal advice b4 she does anything and makes a big mistake

she should contact someone like her local law centre and speak to a immigration solicitor for free and look at what options she has. but like i said b4 why didn't she apply for a visa b4 it expired, how long has it expired, etc need looking into

http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/lawcentres/

Respected Member
    the last thing you want is to get a deportation notice and be deported, and even worse the tax payer paying for it , she could face a ban from coming to the uk for a while if that happens, even thou the bans are not mandatory for a spouse, but if she waits til the gov deports her, i would have thought she could well face a ban.

if she applies for her visa and its refused, i think she will be given 28 days to leave the country, she could then leave within that time and pay for her own flight, and apply for a spouse visa again(a chance she could still face a ban but not as long if she goes back b4 a notice is served)

but if she has heard nothing from the home office, it might be better she goes back to the phils asap and just apply for a new spouse visa, if she is not stopped on exit at the airport (small chance) the HO will not know she has overstayed, unless they can be bothered to check the stamp on when she arrived back in the phils but a good chance she will not risk facing any ban.

thou she is better getting free legal advice b4 she does anything and makes a big mistake

she should contact someone like her local law centre and speak to a immigration solicitor for free and look at what options she has. but like i said b4 why didn't she apply for a visa b4 it expired, how long has it expired, etc need looking into

http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/lawcentres/
    I did read the rules a while back and I'm sure spouses cannot be banned in the same way.

All I am saying is that if someone got as far as either having the option of a two year appeal process to get a visa or being deported and quickly returning then maybe the deportation would be the better option as either way you've messed up your immigration history.

As I said previously I'm aware of someone who was deported and is just re-applying for a visa to get back into the UK, if they are not back quickly then maybe it wasn't the best option...

yes i think spouses can be banned, thou they did change it for spouses, so its not a mandatory ban. more chance of a ban thou if she had committed something like fraud or deception thou.

we've not been told why she didn't apply in time, maybe she has a valid reason

we've not been told why she didn't apply in time, maybe she has a valid reason
    She misread the visa expired 12-11-08 as december 10 instead of november 12 2008. Is that a valid reason? Because that's the truth ...a genuine mistake. We usually read dates in the Philippines as month first/day second/and then year. Poor fellah
    So if you're in pain,

She misread the visa expired 12-11-08 as december 10 instead of november 12 2008. Is that a valid reason? Because that's the truth ...a genuine mistake. We usually read dates in the Philippines as month first/day second/and then year. Poor fellah
    I think that would be a good enough reason to ask for their understanding if she applies right away and includes a letter explaining the reason, but then again, I'm not some nitpicking, jobsworth, penpushing civil servant.
    Iain.

Was i not reading on here that due to the changes in visas length is now 27 months that for some ilr applicants they were giving extra time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information