Does anyone know how we(me and my Filipino wife) would go about submitting an application to correct a mistake on our NSO marriage certificate? What would be required?
I made a silly mistake when filling out the original forms(marriage licence application at the local registrar), putting "English" instead of "British" as my nationality (ooops! ). Anyway, mockery aside, is it possible to make the relevant correction without needing to lay out high fees for lawyer? I mean is it possible to do the work ourselves and so not necessitate paying out money we don't really have? My wife would have to do it as she is the one in the Philippines.
This came to light when she was collecting all the relevant docs for her passport application - she needs a CFO certificate for that, but the CFO refused to grant it, upon looking at the said mistake on our marriage Certificate.
They said it would need a lawyer to change it (the fee of $250 has been quoted), but i'm thinking it sounds a lot to simply correct the word in 3 places, no?