Thread: Non-prof Driver's License

Exclamation Non-prof Driver's License

I will get one soon... next month first week...
    anyone here who get there license at LTO? What are the requirements?

My first plan is to get it by an agency and they will charge me for 1800 where as as getting it manually at the LTO office its only more or less 400 pesos...

Respected Member
    When i was there last year, i got one. They will need your student license it should be a month old. Then some documents like birth certificate, Marriage contract etc.. then you will sit for the written and actual test.

After a month i applied for international license paid 2500 pesos to the director to get it.

Good luck to your application, for my experience dont go, Monday and Friday it is really really busy. Tuesday or Wednesday will be a good day.
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    When i was there last year, i got one. They will need your student license it should be a month old. Then some documents like birth certificate, Marriage contract etc.. then you will sit for the written and actual test.

After a month i applied for international license paid 2500 pesos to the director to get it.

Good luck to your application, for my experience dont go, Monday and Friday it is really really busy. Tuesday or Wednesday will be a good day.

Thanks TIN... so that's the other docs needed... Is there any medical EXAM? What time did you go? I will do it ummm maybe next week because it's only cheap hehehe not unlike the agency? anyway how many questions are there in the test and how many minutes does it take? How many hours you wait?

Respected Member
    They will do the medical exam in the LTO also. Dont ask any fixer because they will just double the amount to be paid. Before the test you will have a 30 min lesson first. You should be early because the line is horrendous
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

They will do the medical exam in the LTO also. Dont ask any fixer because they will just double the amount to be paid. Before the test you will have a 30 min lesson first. You should be early because the line is horrendous
    I'm good at the ignore the fixers hehehehe Early as 7 like that? How many items? About the International License sis, have use it there? Yea I'm planning also to get it the agency told me i can get that a day after I can get my license for 2500...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amyburple View Post
    I'm good at the ignore the fixers hehehehe Early as 7 like that? How many items? About the International License sis, have use it there? Yea I'm planning also to get it the agency told me i can get that a day after I can get my license for 2500...

Yeah, i think its 50? im not sure

7 will be a good time, yeah iam using my international license here, it is valid for 12 months, and you will be automatically insured when u apply for international license.

Yes, there is a medical - very brief, plus a urine (drug) test, but it's nothing to worry about. It took me the best part of a day to get my licence at Davao, including the written and practical tests, plus several hours sitting around waiting.

Yeah, i think its 50? im not sure

7 will be a good time, yeah i am using my international license here, it is valid for 12 months, and you will be automatically insured when u apply for international license.

Ok thanks for this tips heheheh... I really appreciate it Tin..

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Yes, there is a medical - very brief, plus a urine (drug) test, but it's nothing to worry about. It took me the best part of a day to get my licence at Davao, including the written and practical tests, plus several hours sitting around waiting.

Thanks

Respected Member
    Ok thanks for this tips heheheh... I really appreciate it Tin..

No problem

Tin ummm I have student permit here with me it will be one month old this coming December 7, do you think I can apply for a license already? Because I'm planning to get it after that... What do you think?

Respected Member
    Tin ummm I have student permit here with me it will be one month old this coming December 7, do you think I can apply for a license already? Because I'm planning to get it after that... What do you think?

I think it will be better for you just to wait till your student will be a month old. Because that is what happen to me when i was going to apply one. Just to save you back and forward in LTO

Requirements For Non-Pro:
    1. Duly accomplished Application for Driver's License.
    2. Valid Student Permit (at least one (1) month old)
    3. Medical Certificate (from an LTO accredited or Government Physician) or valid AFP/PNP organic personnel ID
    4. Negative Drug Test result (from DOH accredited drug testing center)
    5. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN).
    6. Must have passed the written and practical examination.
    Fees and Charges :

Application Fee Php. 25.00
    Computer Fee 52.80
    TOTAL 77.80

License Fee Php. 180.00
    Computer Fee 52.80
    TOTAL 232.80

http://www.lto.gov.ph/newdlreq.html#nonpro

I cant remember taking any practical test during my time, but then that was more than 20 years ago
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Banned
    Hahaha not now empott,they do actual driving test on the road,i just done more than year ago because LTO said some can have drivers license,although they even don't know how to drive,u know "money talk as always and its just not talk,its shoutttttttttttttttt"

I think it will be better for you just to wait till your student will be a month old. Because that is what happen to me when i was going to apply one. Just to save you back and forward in LTO

ummmm OK^^, Thank TIN I will call one of these day the LTO Cainta I'm just near there..
    Hay I should do this during my university days but I'm too lazy

I Remember my dad is pushing me to do it huhuhuhuh Anyway lesson learn!

Quote Originally Posted by empott View Post
    Requirements For Non-Pro:
    1. Duly accomplished Application for Driver's License.
    2. Valid Student Permit (at least one (1) month old)
    3. Medical Certificate (from an LTO accredited or Government Physician) or valid AFP/PNP organic personnel ID
    4. Negative Drug Test result (from DOH accredited drug testing center)
    5. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN).
    6. Must have passed the written and practical examination.
    Fees and Charges :

Application Fee Php. 25.00
    Computer Fee 52.80
    TOTAL 77.80

License Fee Php. 180.00
    Computer Fee 52.80
    TOTAL 232.80

http://www.lto.gov.ph/newdlreq.html#nonpro

I cant remember taking any practical test during my time, but then that was more than 20 years ago

Uy thanks for this EM.... I'm checking the LTO site but can't find this hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Hahaha not now empott,they do actual driving test on the road,i just done more than year ago because LTO said some can have drivers license,although they even don't know how to drive,u know "money talk as always and its just not talk,its shoutttttttttttttttt"

hmmmm really they will do the actual driving awww... I didn't drive for 3 years now

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Not just money talks, having the right connections too, darling. wink wink wink Only in the Phils ...

But i can drive! I started driving when i was 13, doing back and forth, reverse and parking between the trees in the orchard in our backyard. I only did highways when i turned 16. But I stopped driving for years now, i am a nervous wreck whenever I'm behind the wheel.
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Just wondering why you didnt just get your Brit DL converted Peter..
    It cost me 350 P and 3 hours to do it that way..

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Just wondering why you didnt just get your Brit DL converted Peter..
    It cost me 350 P and 3 hours to do it that way..
    That's what I attempted to do, but was told that I still have to take both written and practical tests. Hence, I did both with only a few minutes warning and no preparation. I didn't even understand some of the questions in the written test.

Respected Member

hmmmm really they will do the actual driving awww... I didn't drive for 3 years now
    well, when i got my licence back 2003, no actual driving test.. and recently my cousin-in-law just got hers also no actual driving test.. it depends on the load of applicants i guess and if u will bring ur own car

i got mine 3 years ago(2005)no actual driving test as well.

hi sis.. youre from pasig ? so youll going to apply at LTO pasig right?i have a friend working there maybe he can help and assist you there...just been there a day before flying here to uk renew my license to get my international driving license as well..

Quote Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
    hi sis.. youre from pasig ? so youll going to apply at LTO pasig right?i have a friend working there maybe he can help and assist you there...just been there a day before flying here to uk renew my license to get my international driving license as well..

I'm nearer CAINTA sis... thanks. I'm here lng ksi @ St Joseph infront of EVER GOTESCO

thanks for the help

That's what I attempted to do, but was told that I still have to take both written and practical tests. Hence, I did both with only a few minutes warning and no preparation. I didn't even understand some of the questions in the written test.
    Peter..

You have been mislead..
    Most LTO offices have large posters outside the offices with the exact list of requirements.
    Of course there is no written test as you are simply converting your Brit licence. All I needed was the drug test results and 350.00 Pesos..
    In Cavite,the LTO wanted 3,500 Pesos and I politley advised them to stuff it..
    The best thing I can think for you to do is print off the requirements from the LTO web site and educate the staff there by producing it..
    Best of British luck!!

Sorry..I notice reading back that you already got your licence.. They just got you to jump through to many hoops and pay extra for doing so no doubt!

Thread Information