Thread: passport amendment

passport amendment

Hi guys,

Im going to apply spouse visa hopefully end of nextweek. Do I need to amend my passport and use my married name or just use my old passport cos it is still valid.

I heard it takes longer now to apply for new passport so I am thinking if it is acceptable to apply spouse visa without amending my passport into my married name.

Ur help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Terrielicious

Hi terrie first of all congratulations on your marriage and best wishes.I was on the same position before but what I did was I ammended my passport first before I applied for a spouse visa.It will not take you longer minimum of 3 days and maximum of 0ne week you just have to present your old passport (its alright if its still valid) and your MC.I think its better doing it this way to lessen the complication afterwards when you`re already in u.k Hope that hepls.Goodluck!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Terrielicious View Post
    Hi guys,

Im going to apply spouse visa hopefully end of nextweek. Do I need to amend my passport and use my married name or just use my old passport cos it is still valid.

I heard it takes longer now to apply for new passport so I am thinking if it is acceptable to apply spouse visa without amending my passport into my married name.

Ur help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Terrielicious
    hi terry you can use your old passport yeah its take ages to amend it and that's what i did to mine, i used my married name to my british passport.
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    Hi terrie first of all congratulations on your marriage and best wishes.I was on the same position before but what I did was I ammended my passport first before I applied for a spouse visa.It will not take you longer minimum of 3 days and maximum of 0ne week you just have to present your old passport (its alright if its still valid) and your MC.I think its better doing it this way to lessen the complication afterwards when you`re already in u.k Hope that hepls.Goodluck!
    Hi Mrs Daddy, thanks a lot . It is different now to apply for a new passport cos they're making a machine readable this time. I asked my ex officemate in travel agency where I use to work and she says it takes about a month just to renew a passport.

And i dont know what to do now I am trying to lodge my application as early as I can and waiting for a month for a new passport OH NO

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    hi terry you can use your old passport yeah its take ages to amend it and that's what i did to mine, i used my married name to my british passport.

Thanks VBkelly my passport now will expired 2010 and if im in the UK then is it possible to renew my passport in Philippine Embassy in London?

Thanks Again

what I did before terry was Iwent to our local DFA and ask for details if I were you if your local DFA not far from where you live why not give it a visit for info

what I did before terry was Iwent to our local DFA and ask for details if I were you if your local DFA not far from where you live why not give it a visit for info

Thanks a lot Mrs Daddy, I will do ur suggestion and see what the local DFA will say about that.

Regards,

Terrie

Banned
    Hi Terrie,
    Congratulations on your wedding.
    When I renew my passport last year it took only two weeks.

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/renewal.htm
    Cheers.!

Thanks VBkelly my passport now will expired 2010 and if im in the UK then is it possible to renew my passport in Philippine Embassy in London?

Thanks Again
    Congratulations to you both. You can renew your passport in the Philippine embassy here in London.

thanks so much guys for the help, but i have another question about the support letter, is it ok if it is not original if my spouse will just scan and send it over my email and i will be the one to print it overhere? would it be a problem?

Thanks in advance...

can he not send it to you via post terrie?any documents that its not original it needed to be stamped by solicitor for verification.

Banned
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....renew+passport ,terry here is the link if u decide to amend your passport,and its just only a week for 750 pesos only (overtime) not true that it will take a month,i just done to my kids and if u don't feel getting it personally when it will release,u can have the DHL send in your home in just 100 peso charge

http://61.28.185.137/?cat=4

Thanks for that info Mrs Jmajor. People in this site are very helpful

can he not send it to you via post terrie?any documents that its not original it needed to be stamped by solicitor for verification.
    I think sending by post would probably be too slow and also, too hit and miss as to whether it will even get there.

thanks so much guys for the help, but i have another question about the support letter, is it ok if it is not original if my spouse will just scan and send it over my email and i will be the one to print it overhere? would it be a problem?

Thanks in advance...
    I don't think that a scanned copy will be acceptable, I think the best thing you can do is get him to send the letter to you by courier. If he uses Interparcel, http://www.interparcel.com it won't cost too much and it will actually be collected and delivered on their behalf by DHL or another major courier company.
    Iain.

Thanks Again
    if your passport run out in 2010 you can renew it in the philippines embassy in london and you can change it in your married name in the same time, you can do by post and you can download a form via their website and regarding the fingerprints you can do yourself using the ink for the fingerprint.
    all things are possible!

Thread Information